Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

I rest my case.

Your reference directly supports the arrogance, narcissism, and plain ol' egotism inherent in the Gnostic movement. It allows you to feel better about yourself, to perceive yourself as residing on a higher plane (due to some secret knowledge).

Frankly, it's an exercise in mental masturbation.

Sure secret knowledge like this.

More secrets.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

You may not have what it takes to be the brethren of Jesus but those of good moral character have no problem.

Shhhh. It's a secret.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I explained what you call a contradiction
You say you have, but you have not. You claim to hold all souls equally, but you do not. If you did hold all souls equally, you would not discriminate. That claim of equality is also the foundation of your claim to superiority over other religions, so that too has fallen apart. Since you admit to not holding all souls equally, your claim to do so is false, and the claim of superiority is false as well. To knowingly make such false statements is intentionally dishonest of you.

you are a candidate for the Captain Coward Club for sure. Wear your dress on the boat and hope men do not notice.
No matter how many ways you find to call me a coward, it will never result in you having changed one single definition of one single word in the entire dictionary... I guess I should ask... Do Gnostics believe the Dictionary is also an 'evil book of lies not to be taken literally'?

If your tactic is to discredit opposition as cowards, then you need to convince people that all dictionaries are dress wearing cowards... Might make for a snazzy book cover. It is, after all, that mysterious book of words and definitions that is the source of your frustration with reality. I'm only telling you what it has to say... Since you don't appear to have access to such rare and exotic texts.

P.S. Section 13 speaks of faith. This is not a faith issue. Nice try though.
According to my strange and powerful book of magic, the dictionary, an explanation would correctly identify and then attempt to offer a logical solution to explain the dichotomy in question. Calling me a coward does not do any of that. Saying that it's not an issue of faith, and therefore needs no explanation, also does not do that. However, those actions do meet the definition of an evasion.

You cannot claim to believe in equality while supporting discrimination. These terms are antonyms, that means they are the opposed in meaning. In order for one to be true, the other must be false. Either you support equality, or you support discrimination. Claiming support of both is a contradiction. Calling me a coward, and trying to change the subject, is not an explanation of that contradiction, it's an evasion of reality.

We are getting repetitious.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
I believe most if not all Christians would put woman and children first, but I would call that a virtue or a moral code.

One thing about virtues – which are defined as "good moral habits" – is that their exercise doesn't require the cooperation, or compulsion, of another person. I can cultivate prudence, temperance, courage and the other virtues in myself, and I can do it all by myself. So while a virtuous society is desirable, virtue can also be a purely personal goal. And this is one time when focusing on the self needn't be selfish, for we should take the log out of our own eyes before worrying about the speck in our brother's.

But equality is far different. Just as there can be no numerical equality without at least two numbers, there can be no human equality on an island with a population of one. And while you could increase patience through personal change, increasing equality necessitates societal change; it involves raising people up as much as they're able – which requires their cooperation – and insofar as they're unable, it involves bringing others down. This is where compulsion enters the equation. The point is that, unlike with virtues, increasing equality is always an endeavor of the collective.
Be thankful equality isn't necessary for happiness, too, because it is completely contrary to nature. Some species are more dominant than others; some unsuited to survival become extinct; and within species some members are bigger, stronger or faster than others. And animals have their dominance hierarchies; a silverback leads a gorilla troop, a wolf pack has an alpha male and female and chickens actually do have a pecking order.

People are no different. There are natural-born leaders and followers, alpha and beta personalities, and individuals have different gifts and capacities. The world had always recognized this, too. In fact, when young Therese of Lisieux was bothered by the idea that people would have different places even in Heaven, she was instructed to get her thimble and her father's tumbler and fill them with water. She then was asked, "Which is more full?" Of course, secular modernists will criticize this as a Christian justification for prejudice and discrimination, but what does their world view imply?

The reality is that there's a huge contradiction between belief in cosmic-accident evolution and belief in human equality. First, when even just one couple has a child, there are a whopping 3.1 billion possible combinations. Then there's group variation. Do you really believe groups could have "evolved" isolated from one another for hundreds of thousands or even millions of years – subject to different environments, stresses and adaptive requirements – and wound up being the same in every respect? This is a mathematical impossibility and a brazenly unscientific notion. As G.K. Chesterton put it, if people "were not created equal, they were certainly evolved unequal."In my opinion God’s plan all a long.. Surprise? Ashkenazi Jews have the highest I.Q. of any group.

We now have government decrees stating that if groups perform differently on a test (e.g., a police exam), it is by definition "discriminatory"; and that students must be punished in racially proportional ways. We see quotas and affirmative action and lawsuits and destructive discrimination, as we tear ourselves apart fighting nature. And why? Among other things, if you believe all groups are equal in all ways, it follows that you'll attribute different performance outcomes among them to discrimination.

One might now wonder why liberals don't apply their diversity tenet "Embrace differences" to what really matters. After all, if you watch golf on TV, do you want to see "equality," where everyone would have to be a duffer, or the best? Do you want "equality" in an art museum or ethereal beauty? Gifts displayed by others are to be relished, reveled in and revered. And the only thing preventing this is, again, those twin demons of envy and pride.

And what of equality dogma? It gave us the drab, cookie-cutter projects of communist Eastern Europe. It breeds ugliness and mediocrity.

Equality is not a virtue.

It is not a great goal.

It can never be a reality, as some will always be "more equal than others."

And if any civilization is to live, equality, as an aspiration, must die.It was never meant to be..

So let us petition all the legal system to take equality out of their systems. That will make things better. Right?

You want that Lady justice should not be blind but should see so that she can place some of us out of legal reach of the others.

If that is your best buddy you might want to rethink from a female POV. If you can. If you can't then you should not speak of male and female issues.

Regards
DL

So let us petition all the legal system to take equality out of their systems. That will make things better. Right?

You want that Lady justice should not be blind but should see so that she can place some of us out of legal reach of the others.

If that is your best buddy you might want to rethink from a female POV. If you can. If you can't then you should not speak of male and female issues.

Regards
DL
Why am I watching this?

If your going to be a gnostic Christian, then why not just be an athiest? I can't see much a difference between the two. Of course, there are liberal types of Christianity, but they aren't gnostic.

If your going to be a gnostic Christian, then why not just be an athiest? I can't see much a difference between the two. Of course, there are liberal types of Christianity, but they aren't gnostic.

True. They are just better Christians.

I am not an atheist as much as agnostic but in the meantime, I use the older traditional definition of God. The one that says that God is a human.

That is the Jewish view and why their oral tradition says that a Rabbi can overrule the God of their written tradition.

Google Divine Council as you remember the Jesus himself asked, have ye forgotten that ye are gods?

A fool says in his heart, there is a supernatural God.
He never has proof or real evidence that is more powerfull than the evidence of God being absent.

Regards
DL

BTW. I see a huge difference.

I think everyone should seek God. God as defined as the best5 rules and laws to live life by.

After all, following any God means following his rules. Right?

Regards
DL

Google Divine Council as you remember the Jesus himself asked, have ye forgotten that ye are gods?

People being a god defeats the whole message of the Bible. It's the satanic message. Satan, himself, promised Adam and Eve they could be "as gods" if they ate the apple. It's the oldest lie in history.

People being a god defeats the whole message of the Bible. It's the satanic message. Satan, himself, promised Adam and Eve they could be "as gods" if they ate the apple. It's the oldest lie in history.

Really.

Go to your bible and see that God said that that was exactly what happened.

The Jews who wrote the story and who have more authority than Christians do in it's interpretation see Eden as our place of elevation and not the fall that Christians saw. You might wonder why Christianity reversed the moral of this particular myth.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/20/comparative-theodicy/

"Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue,"

You seem to want to ignore a lot of the bible and a lot of the history of it to maintain the lies Christianity has sold us all these years.

Why do you ignore your bible and what the authors of it, the Jews, though of it?

Regards
DL

Really.

Go to your bible and see that God said that that was exactly what happened.

The Jews who wrote the story and who have more authority than Christians do in it's interpretation see Eden as our place of elevation and not the fall that Christians saw. You might wonder why Christianity reversed the moral of this particular myth.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/20/comparative-theodicy/

"Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue,"

You seem to want to ignore a lot of the bible and a lot of the history of it to maintain the lies Christianity has sold us all these years.

Why do you ignore your bible and what the authors of it, the Jews, though of it?

Regards
DL

Jesus' reference to "gods" is not what you think it means. For instance, I believe Jesus' reference to gods referred to the judges in the Old Testament. It's not a stamp of approval for some kind of new age thinking.

Jesus' reference to "gods" is not what you think it means. For instance, I believe Jesus' reference to gods referred to the judges in the Old Testament. It's not a stamp of approval for some kind of new age thinking.

Your beliefs do not match scriptures or the Jewish use of the word God.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Match those quotes up to what God says of man in Eden and you will get closer to understanding what Jews thought and why their oral tradition give man superiority over the written traditions of God.

You seem to fear being a brethren to Jesus/God. It hurts only for a short time. Rid yourself of your fear.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Jason

You might remember that Gnostic Christian thinking is older than Christian thinking as it is more closely tied to Eastern traditions from which Jewish myths were created.

Gnostic Christianity is not new age. It is older and wiser age.

Regards
DL

Back