Harry Reid--Disgraceful Senate Leader--Impeach Him

Johnny Tremain

Senator Harry Reid continues to appall all decent Americans with his disgusting behavior, lies and insults. "Unprecedented" demeanor. Almost insane.

He should be impeached & removed from office.

Werbung:
No arguement here. jes taking full use of his authoroty in his lsst trrm to debase the office.
not exacty defending the condtitution he swore to do.

Senator Harry Reid continues to appall all decent Americans with his disgusting behavior, lies and insults. "Unprecedented" demeanor. Almost insane.

He should be impeached & removed from office.

No one should be removed from office simply because we disagree with them.

Not to mention - you cannot "impeach" a US Senator, you can either recall him (in a few states), or the Senate can expell him. A recall guide put out by the Nevada Secretary of State points out that you cannot recall a US Senator in Nevada. As for expulsion from the Senate -- there is no grounds for it, but even if there were, you need a 2/3 majority. Good luck.

Not to mention - you cannot "impeach" a US Senator, you can either recall him (in a few states), or the Senate can expell him. A recall guide put out by the Nevada Secretary of State points out that you cannot recall a US Senator in Nevada. As for expulsion from the Senate -- there is no grounds for it, but even if there were, you need a 2/3 majority. Good luck.

Expulsion would be fine.
It is not a matter of disagreeing with him--he has made multiple untrue and scurrilous remarks about Romney (and many, many others he dislikes). The man is a liar. He is a political hack of the worst kind--a sycophant. He has no concept of honor or decency. His remarks about religion are so far from the rules of engagement they reach the level of "racist"-type slurs.
He is unfit for office.

He needs to be gotten rid of.
He has held up the budget for over three years.
That ALONE--is cause for expulsion.

But when Trent Lott got racist Democrats cry foul and made him step down as senate majority leader. And Robert Byrd said the N word on the senate floor and Democrats do nothing.

how dare you use facts! they have no place here!

But when Trent Lott got racist Democrats cry foul and made him step down as senate majority leader.

What makes you say that the Democrats forced Lott out of his position? Lott blames several Republicans for this, not Democrats.

The media was beating that drum. I think the Republicans jumped on that band wagon

The media beats lots of drums, the GOP doesn't snap-to when they do. It's interesting to me that some people in here are willing to believe that the reason the GOP leadership did the right thing was because the political opposition and the media forced them to. That dismisses the possibility that the GOP leadership did do the right thing for the right reasons, and that they are capable of policing themselves.

for other reasons they wanted him out.

There's no evidence of this that I've found. The GOP acted on their own to handle an internal problem, Lott's racism, and Lott himself blames them, and the people he's named are on record saying that it was his racism that led them to act.

People who just assume right away that the Democrats and the MSM forced the GOP to do the right thing, hmm, if I didn't know better I'd say that media brainwashing is at work here. ;)

The media beats lots of drums, the GOP doesn't snap-to when they do. It's interesting to me that some people in here are willing to believe that the reason the GOP leadership did the right thing was because the political opposition and the media forced them to. That dismisses the possibility that the GOP leadership did do the right thing for the right reasons, and that they are capable of policing themselves.

Right thing or not, it was still an excuse. If Lott was such a racist, then why did they vote him in as leader of the senate in the first place and why did they vote him in as minority whip 4 years later? There was some kind of power struggle with him and either Rove and or other Republicans. There was nother power struggle and coup with Gingrich when he was Speaker of the House, inpart led by Boehner. I still think there was a lot more to it than some dumb remark he made at an old man's 100th birthday party. The Democrats and Jesse Jackson were also beating the drum for him to resign, but didn't seem to mind that the Grand Pooba of the KKK was sitting there.

Right thing or not, it was still an excuse. If Lott was such a racist, then why did they vote him in as leader of the senate in the first place and why did they vote him in as minority whip 4 years later?

He was a very good politician, he cut the right deals.

There was some kind of power struggle with him and either Rove and or other Republicans.

Probably.

There was nother power struggle and coup with Gingrich when he was Speaker of the House, inpart led by Boehner.

Probably, and irrelevant.

I still think there was a lot more to it than some dumb remark he made at an old man's 100th birthday party.

Think whatever you want, you don't know for sure. And, dumb remark? We differ greatly on the definition of dumb.

The Democrats and Jesse Jackson were also beating the drum for him to resign, but didn't seem to mind that the Grand Pooba of the KKK was sitting there.

So what?

Werbung:
Back