Had an interesting conversation about Hollands health care

Petunia

Wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it where it needs to be..or merge it, or whatever!

Last weekend I was out doing door to door campaigning, a tv crew came to interview & do a segment on the "get out to vote" campaign, they were from Holland & it would be aired on Dutch TV.

Anyway, I got to talking with them about their health care system. They pay 53% income tax, 19% sales tax, and after their system failed horribly, they now are paying premiums for their insurance, for the gentleman I talked to, he pays $200 a month for a single person, I'd guess he is in his 30's. It took many years of struggling with lack of Drs., no appts available, all the problems Canada has, but they did straighten that out. But given how much taxation & out of pocket they have, is it any less of a burden financially on the consumer?

They also have extreme taxation on gasoline, not sure how much goes right to taxes, but they are paying $10 a gallon of gas.

Werbung:
There is a reason that the average "poor" person here has a higher standard of living than the average middle class earner in europe.

Wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it where it needs to be..or merge it, or whatever!

Last weekend I was out doing door to door campaigning, a tv crew came to interview & do a segment on the "get out to vote" campaign, they were from Holland & it would be aired on Dutch TV.

Anyway, I got to talking with them about their health care system. They pay 53% income tax, 19% sales tax, and after their system failed horribly, they now are paying premiums for their insurance, for the gentleman I talked to, he pays $200 a month for a single person, I'd guess he is in his 30's. It took many years of struggling with lack of Drs., no appts available, all the problems Canada has, but they did straighten that out. But given how much taxation & out of pocket they have, is it any less of a burden financially on the consumer?

They also have extreme taxation on gasoline, not sure how much goes right to taxes, but they are paying $10 a gallon of gas.

Well Joe Biden would call them some real patriotic people :)

Werbung:

72% taxation!? :eek: Before paying outrageous gas taxes? What do they live on in Holland?

Maybe with taxes that high, we could actually balance the budget in this country, instead of simply printing money.

I wonder just what our tax rate would be if we added federal, state, and inflation caused by deficit spending? Maybe we're paying that much too, and just don't realize it.

Back