Guiliani guests on Larry King

Archangelwolf

Presidential Candidate Rudy Guliani discussing the non-binding resolution on Larry King...

Giuliani: We have a right of free speech in this country and we elect people to make decisions.

Here's what I would prefer to see them do, though, if you ask me what's my view on that. The non-binding resolution thing gets me more than are you for it or against it. I have tremendous respect for the people who feel that we either made a mistake going to war, who voted against the war, who now have come to the conclusion, changed their minds--they have every right to that--that it's wrong. You should, in a dynamic situation, keep questioning.

What I don't like is the idea of a non-binding resolution.

King: Because?

Giuliani: Because there's no decision.

King: But it's a--making a--it's a statement.

Giuliani: Yes, but that's what you do. That's what Tim Russert does. That's what Rush Limbaugh does. That's what you guys do, you make comments. We pay them to make decisions, not just to make comments. We pay them to decide. . . . And maybe it's because I, you know, I ran a government and I tend to be a decisive person. I like decisions. And I think one of the things wrong with Washington is they don't want to make tough decisions anymore.

Werbung:
Well, Rudy and I agree on that issue.

It is almost comical. Regardless of which philosophy you tend to follow, that statement can suit either side.

Now that is a politician for ya!

Werbung:
Giuliani: Yes, but that's what you do. That's what Tim Russert does. That's what Rush Limbaugh does. That's what you guys do, you make comments. We pay them to make decisions, not just to make comments. We pay them to decide. . . . And maybe it's because I, you know, I ran a government and I tend to be a decisive person. I like decisions. And I think one of the things wrong with Washington is they don't want to make tough decisions anymore.[/B]

Very well said. We need less talking, more ass-kicking.

This country needs to stop hammering the crap out of itself and start hammering the crap out of other countries.

Back