GREAT BOOK Jesus on Trial

cashmcall

Personally, I was quite taken by Mr. Limbaugh's rich Biblical and theological insights. The author also does a fine job of supplementing his own insights with vital offerings from an array of biblical scholars and impassioned theologians, past and present. One of my favorite quotes from the book comes courtesy of the 19th century "prince of preachers," Charles Spurgeon, who soundly declares,

"If God shall look upon us as we are He must be displeased; but when He sees us in Christ Jesus He is well pleased for His righteousness sake..... He is so pleased with the cover that he forbears to remember the defilement and deformity of those whom it covers.... He cannot but accept His Son, who has become our covering."

I was somewhat surprised to encounter a few references to Mark Driscoll, the fallen founder of Mars Hill Church. Surely those references could have been omitted prior to publishing; however, Limbaugh understands that though our pulpits and platforms may rightly give way to greater graces, we have not wholly disqualified ourselves of the mercy and promises of God.

The most impressive aspect of Limbaugh's work is that he goes to the direct source of Truththe Holy Bible – early and often throughout, to build and advance his bold case. The book features so much scriptural exploration, that it feels like one long, extended Bible Study. The various spiritual nuances, intricacies and paradoxes that underlie the bold and direct Biblical proclamations are identified and expounded upon with great care. Limbaugh infuses his commentary with just the right amount of personal wonder and amazement, as he builds upon his well reasoned defense.

Werbung:
Werbung:
So where was the OP copied from? Write your own stuff and give credit to those you "borrow" from.

Back