Government Routinely Violating Your Constitutional Rights? Please Sign This Petition For the record

cashmcall

I hate cowards and people who run around blaming others. Tragically, this country is overcome with that mentality. So when the story broke that the (government) has been randomly and arbitrarily and in secret- seizing millions of personal and private phone records with the complicity of Verizon...I nearly had an aneurysm. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ecords-white-house_n_3395423.html?ir=Politics Any lawyer or cop- knows how difficult it is to obtain a search warrant and then defend it. I did not know this but, In Idaho, a wiretap warrant is nearly impossible to get. You have to show that you have no other methods of acquiring information or evidence before a judge will issue a wiretap order. It is the ultimate intrusion into your privacy. For days, I have been reading the comments written by the leftists, statists, and sheep of this country who think that perhaps the government is justified in seizing millions of records. Or that the poor old government will have it's work cut out for it sorting through all of the things that have seized. Or that Bush started all of this- as though somehow Obama's administration is compelled to continue to keep violating my fourth amendment rights. I could care less who or what is to blame. I want the routine violation of my rights to stop. I am a Verizon customer and a citizen with rights. Please sign this petition and forward it to everyone you know. The constitution is not a suggestion. It's time that the government starts respecting citizen rights. https://www.change.org/petitions/th...of-phone-records-without-cause-or-due-process

Werbung:
And now we know the NSA is doing much more than mining just Verizon users. These scandals get reported in the news media nice and slow...wonder why.

We have an incompetent government, with a political agenda, completely uncontrolled with unlimited powers...

oh...nothing to worry about.:confused:

And now we know the NSA is doing much more than mining just Verizon users. These scandals get reported in the news media nice and slow...wonder why.

Nice and slow? They seem to have hit the fan in close sequence. I think they were deliberately leaked to put Obama on notice for crossing the line when he started spying on the media. As we know, the media can make or break a politician, and they've just spanked Obama.

Sensenbrenner said that he was one of the architects of the Patriot Act. but he also said that government snooping was supposed to be targeted, not casting wide nets like the NSA has done recently. Congress needs to get in there and put some brakes on what's happening.

Nice and slow? They seem to have hit the fan in close sequence. I think they were deliberately leaked to put Obama on notice for crossing the line when he started spying on the media. As we know, the media can make or break a politician, and they've just spanked Obama.

Sensenbrenner said that he was one of the architects of the Patriot Act. but he also said that government snooping was supposed to be targeted, not casting wide nets like the NSA has done recently. Congress needs to get in there and put some brakes on what's happening.

By nice and slow I meant that as a story hits, we later find it is much bigger. Nice and slow may have been a poor explanation. For example, when we first heard of the IRS scandal it was claimed that the actions were committed only by the IRS Cincy office. Later we find out that the scandal is much broader. Now the NSA scandal hits and we heard, at first, that it involved only Verizon users. Now we know it is much bigger.

These reports start small, but then expand. This pattern would seem to indicate someone is playing the media and the American people...seems suspicious to me...but then I am always suspicious of government.

Just remember there was a reason the government made damn sure they maintained absolute control of all means of communication from mail to telegraph to telephone and over the airwaves (and below the surface as well).

and that reason was never altruistic.

point being that this is not new by any stretch if the inagination much less limited to here.

And yes somehow my life has moved forward since it was put in place under Bush...Funny how many in the House and Senate got upset about it...even though it was know...as soon as it made news.

pols live and die on their ability to guage which way the wind blows.

people are stupid enough to believe what pols say.

any wonder things are as mucked up as they are ?

And yes somehow my life has moved forward since it was put in place under Bush....

The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) is a United States wiretapping law passed in 1994, during the presidency of Bill Clinton (Pub. L. No. 103-414, 108 Stat. 4279, codified at 47 USC 1001-1010).

...CALEA's purpose is to enhance the ability of law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct electronic surveillance by requiring that telecommunications carriers and manufacturers of telecommunications equipment modify and design their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they have built-in surveillance capabilities, allowing federal agencies to monitor all telephone, broadband internet, and VoIP traffic in real-time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act

Werbung:
Back