Government Hands BP a $75,000 Nonitemized Bill For One Day Biden Visit

BigRob

From the Wall Street Journal

On a smaller scale, BP just received a $75,000 nonitemized bill for a one-day visit by Vice President Joe Biden to the New Orleans crisis center.

"We effectively work for the government here," BP's Mr. Dudley says.

Now, I am not sure how I feel about the government billing BP to send people down there that really have no reason to be down there... Biden's trip did not accomplish anything and it was more or less a waste of time.

Outside of that, why can't the government at least itemize their expenses if they expect BP to cover the cost of something like this?

Werbung:

Now, I am not sure how I feel about the government billing BP to send people down there that really have no reason to be down there... Biden's trip did not accomplish anything and it was more or less a waste of time.

Outside of that, why can't the government at least itemize their expenses if they expect BP to cover the cost of something like this?

I can tell you exactly how I feel about that. It sucks major league. BP is now a slush fund for BO's administration. I suspect we only know very little about what is really going on in the Gulf. The media certainly won't report anything negative on BO.

And Biden couldn't find his d**k with either hand. The guy is clueless.

Government Hands BP a $75,000 Nonitemized Bill For One Day Biden Visit

Let me guess: At the bottom was written, "P.S. Welcome to America!"

:eek:

what do you base that nothing happened on?

what do you base that nothing happened on?

The White House said the purpose of his visit was to "check on progress" and the VP's office stated it was to "to assess efforts to counter the BP oil spill."

Why exactly Biden had to go there in person to basically "check in" is beyond me. There was nothing he accomplished that was not possible via telephone.

Photo Op: a situation or event that lends itself to and is often arranged expressly for the taking of pictures that give favorable publicity to the individuals photographed.

The White House Blog is now filled with pictures of Biden "taking action" on the Oil Spill....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/07/22/vice-president-biden-s-visit-alabama

Haha, well I did get that much. :)

Perhaps I should have stated something like, "Why BP is being sent a nonitemized bill so that Biden can get his picture taken is beyond me."

The White House said the purpose of his visit was to "check on progress" and the VP's office stated it was to "to assess efforts to counter the BP oil spill."

Why exactly Biden had to go there in person to basically "check in" is beyond me. There was nothing he accomplished that was not possible via telephone.

there is alot more power to get things done when the big wig shows up vs calls. you don't see management at a company going nuts and on pins and needles to make everything right....for a Big wig making a phone call...but when they are coming in....they go nuts..

Also since you don't know exactly what he did, hard to say what can be done over a phone.

So what you're saying is when President Obama goes you don't like the clothes he wears and when the Vice President goes it's not necessary and when neither goes then see they just don't care.:D

Is this pitty party for BP really necessary or is it more about bashing the administration because they might appear to actually care.

This whole BP is always a victim thing is a joke... LITERALLY A JOKE... and to be honest the quicker you see that the better off you'll appear.

there is alot more power to get things done when the big wig shows up vs calls. you don't see management at a company going nuts and on pins and needles to make everything right....for a Big wig making a phone call...but when they are coming in....they go nuts..

They go nuts to make everything "look" good, and not to actually accomplish anything. Is Biden now in charge of the BP clean up?

Also since you don't know exactly what he did, hard to say what can be done over a phone.

I quoted you what the White House and his own office said he did, which was nothing. How about this then... use a video phone.

So what you're saying is when President Obama goes you don't like the clothes he wears and when the Vice President goes it's not necessary and when neither goes then see they just don't care.:D

I don't remember commenting on the President's clothes at any time. ;)

Give me something Biden accomplished down there that was worth $75,000.

Is this pitty party for BP really necessary or is it more about bashing the administration because they might appear to actually care.

I am not "bashing" anyone, but I imagine if a company sent the government a nonitemized bill for something you would have a comment.

This whole BP is always a victim thing is a joke... LITERALLY A JOKE... and to be honest the quicker you see that the better off you'll appear.

Since I have never said BP is the victim or that they should not be held accountable, I have no idea what you are talking about here.

I don't remember commenting on the President's clothes at any time. ;)

Give me something Biden accomplished down there that was worth $75,000.

I am not "bashing" anyone, but I imagine if a company sent the government a nonitemized bill for something you would have a comment.

Since I have never said BP is the victim or that they should not be held accountable, I have no idea what you are talking about here.

whats the cost for Biden to go anyplace? given security costs and all that, I can't imagine him doing alot that would not cost ...

also realy 75000 the army could take that 100 times over and buy a toilet seat :)

whats the cost for Biden to go anyplace? given security costs and all that, I can't imagine him doing alot that would not cost ...

No doubt it is expensive... Personally I think he accomplished nothing by going, but if you really are going to demand BP pay for the visit, how about at least offer an accounting of how the money was spent...

also realy 75000 the army could take that 100 times over and buy a toilet seat :)

Lol, but it would be one of those snazzy seats with a fancy cover no doubt. ;)

Werbung:
No doubt it is expensive... Personally I think he accomplished nothing by going, but if you really are going to demand BP pay for the visit, how about at least offer an accounting of how the money was spent...

Lol, but it would be one of those snazzy seats with a fancy cover no doubt. ;)

I am sure BP will be so accurate when its pays its costs for the spill....:)

Back