good taste lives...

Werbung:
and now this

mother of deceased marine unhappy with Christie lowering flags for Houston. its demeaning to when flags were lowered for him. I agree completely.

When Phyllis McGeath heard Gov. Chris Christie had ordered flags lowered to half-staff for Houston, she said she felt a pain deep inside her.

“I was hurt and offended. Disappointed. Saddened,” she said. “I felt like the honor that was given to my son was tarnished.”

McGeath had three sons who were active duty Marines.

Her oldest, Philip, was killed by a suicide bomber just four weeks ago in Afghanistan. He was 25.

Arizona, the McGeath’s former home state, lowered their flags in his honor.

“That honor meant a lot to me,” McGeath said.

and now this

mother of deceased marine unhappy with Christie lowering flags for Houston. its demeaning to when flags were lowered for him. I agree completely.

When Phyllis McGeath heard Gov. Chris Christie had ordered flags lowered to half-staff for Houston, she said she felt a pain deep inside her.

“I was hurt and offended. Disappointed. Saddened,” she said. “I felt like the honor that was given to my son was tarnished.”

McGeath had three sons who were active duty Marines.

Her oldest, Philip, was killed by a suicide bomber just four weeks ago in Afghanistan. He was 25.

Arizona, the McGeath’s former home state, lowered their flags in his honor.

“That honor meant a lot to me,” McGeath said.

and now this

For once, I agree with you. Although I liked Withney as a performer (years ago at least), and I am sad she had such a tragic destiny (but she brought it up on herself), I think it is ridiculous to give her all these honors that really should have been given our fallen soldiers, even if the flags were lowered once a month to acknowledge the sacrifices of the fallen soldiers of that month.

There is (shouldn't be) ANY comparison between the death of any star who die (or killed herself) from an overdose after years of drug addiction, and a soldier who lost his life fighting for this country (even if the war that cost him/her his/her life are ridiculous).

Werbung:
Back