Good News for once

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
since all we have heard for a while is more US dead in terror attacks, and fighting more in Afganistan...I bring you this.....

"BAGHDAD – December was the first month since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq nearly seven years ago in which no U.S. forces died in combat in the country.

Gen. Ray Odierno called it a significant milestone and said it speaks to how the violence in Iraq has diminished. Odierno is the commanding general in Iraq."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq_us_casualties

Werbung:
since all we have heard for a while is more US dead in terror attacks, and fighting more in Afganistan...I bring you this.....

"BAGHDAD – December was the first month since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq nearly seven years ago in which no U.S. forces died in combat in the country.

Gen. Ray Odierno called it a significant milestone and said it speaks to how the violence in Iraq has diminished. Odierno is the commanding general in Iraq."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq_us_casualties

Yeah, instead Obama has transferred the deaths over to Afghanistan..

More than 312 American soldiers died in Afghanistan last year -- nearly twice as many as in 2008.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2009-deadliest-year-us-afghanistan/story?id=9457231

Yeah, instead Obama has transferred the deaths over to Afghanistan..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2009-deadliest-year-us-afghanistan/story?id=9457231

WTH..."OBAMA transferred the deaths"...how pray tell do you arrive at that place in your thought process?
You don't hold the terrorists as a rat based group of free thinking thugs that have the ability to understand...look the heats really on right here at present, so lets go back over there and cause collateral damage/death & destruction:rolleyes:

And isn't that what the 'TIN FOIL HATS' wanted, more troops in Afghanistan :confused: JEEZ LOUISE you people are never happy about any progress, any where, any time, no how, NO WAY:mad:

The same guy saying he "transferred the deaths" to Af/pak would be the same guy calling him a pussy for not sending troops over there should that have been his decision. I offer this poster the bronx cheer.

Be careful starting threads like this one BTW. Next thing you know some "double agents" for the CIA will make sure the violence escalates, you know, to prove Obama wrong and make sure he fails as a president.

The same guy saying he "transferred the deaths" to Af/pak would be the same guy calling him a pussy for not sending troops over there should that have been his decision. I offer this poster the bronx cheer.

Be careful starting threads like this one BTW. Next thing you know some "double agents" for the CIA will make sure the violence escalates, you know, to prove Obama wrong and make sure he fails as a president.

Well, that certainly has happened in the past {that CIA secret mission thingy} but I've always been in hopes that it wasn't to make our current president look stupid/foolish/ignorant...but to usurped some dictator that we needed to extinguish for that good old 'OIL/BLACK GOLD/TEXAS TEA', to solidify our interests ;)

I'm not at all sure why you are suggesting that I would call Obama "a pussy for not sending troops over there." I think ALL the troops should be removed from Iraq and Afghanistan NOW.

I have supported Obama from the beginning, but I'm not going to close my eyes and cover my ears when he continues and even escalates, as in the case of Afghanistan, Bush's wars.

I've got an idea...in the future, try checking out who the poster is, maybe some of his/her history, before fashioning your response.

Yeah ASPCA...try this thought on for size when you are considering how "evil" our "enemies" are. How would you feel if the arab nations conspired to first infiltrate the ag industry, then when we insisted on our rights to control the assets of corn, they invaded the Midwest, siezed our cornfields, bombed St. Louis, Des Moines and Omaha. Then anyone who resisted their efforts or spoke out against them or even dared to take action against them were labelled "terrorists" and then they were hauled off to a foreign outpost where they were systematically tortured.

That is EXACTLY what we did with their sovereign oil That was what Iraq was all about under Cheneyco.

Now, how much do you "hate" those "evil bastards" for demanding that we pull out of their region and respect their sovereignty, and for doing so forcefully so we get the message? Two wrongs don't make a right I agree, but you cannot blame them for acting cohesively and nationally to drive out a foreign and tryrannical invader.? Our oil companies/GOP/military have been over there dicking around for decades, infiltrating and trying to run the place. Israel wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for oil and the Haifa Pipeline and Port. For those same decades these oil bastards have been meanwhile aggressively waging a war on alternative technology...burning down labs in the night, threatening patent applicants and buying out anyone who actually dared to make it through the patent process...all to keep us dependent on their imports from the land they've been dicking with.

This is what berthed Al Qaida, which would not exist but for the simple fact of oil greed.

Well, I'll welcome that news. The surge did ts job allowing for the orderly shift to Iraqi control that we've been working toward all this time.

Yeah ASPCA...try this thought on for size when you are considering how "evil" our "enemies" are. How would you feel if the arab nations conspired to first infiltrate the ag industry, then when we insisted on our rights to control the assets of corn, they invaded the Midwest, siezed our cornfields, bombed St. Louis, Des Moines and Omaha. Then anyone who resisted their efforts or spoke out against them or even dared to take action against them were labelled "terrorists" and then they were hauled off to a foreign outpost where they were systematically tortured.

That is EXACTLY what we did with their sovereign oil That was what Iraq was all about under Cheneyco.

Now, how much do you "hate" those "evil bastards" for demanding that we pull out of their region and respect their sovereignty, and for doing so forcefully so we get the message? Two wrongs don't make a right I agree, but you cannot blame them for acting cohesively and nationally to drive out a foreign and tryrannical invader.? Our oil companies/GOP/military have been over there dicking around for decades, infiltrating and trying to run the place. Israel wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for oil and the Haifa Pipeline and Port. For those same decades these oil bastards have been meanwhile aggressively waging a war on alternative technology...burning down labs in the night, threatening patent applicants and buying out anyone who actually dared to make it through the patent process...all to keep us dependent on their imports from the land they've been dicking with.

This is what berthed Al Qaida, which would not exist but for the simple fact of oil greed.
Oh, OH...even better...let's go back prior to Desert Storm and the days where we were supplying IRAQ in the feeble attempt to over throw the Iatola Kamani {sp} and we sent in our secret CIA operatives/military advisers/sold them the newest improved military weapons and made Saddam Hussein think that he was a BRILLIANT MILITARY LEADER...yep back in those good ole days!
We have 'F'd up that sand box in so many ways and it has always managed to come back and bite us in the arse...General Norman Schwarzkopf forewarned #41 that we should not have left IRAQ in the manner that we were told to pull out but {shrugs my shoulders} that's just all water under the bridge now! :cool:

And it's all about Oil. The important thing to remember isn't the Middle East, it's oil and the people who control it. The most astonishing thing to me is their active war on alternative fuel technologies for many decades. They were suppressing the tools of American strength long before you or I were born. Literally they were shackling us to vulnerability in order to turn profit and live fat.

If that does not define terrorism and treason, nothing does.

And it's all about Oil. The important thing to remember isn't the Middle East, it's oil and the people who control it. The most astonishing thing to me is their active war on alternative fuel technologies for many decades. They were suppressing the tools of American strength long before you or I were born. Literally they were shackling us to vulnerability in order to turn profit and live fat.

If that does not define terrorism and treason, nothing does.

Hum...

And who had been preventing energy independence since at the very least the creation of the Dept of Energy whose very creation was to encourage it ?

Thats right, it would be the left side of the aisle.

While they have been wasting money paying farmers more to grow corn for cars (which polutes the very same and drives up the cost of corn products at the expense of decreasign gas prices a bit) and the hopelessly inadequate wind an solar power captures, we have missed the opportunity to advance clean coal (might be able to run those electric cars on the electricity clean coal plants could be generating) nuclear (cleanest of viable sources and with the potential to deliver electricity enough to make capture of hydrogen from water viable) and natural gas ( another great short term fuel for cars/trucks).

Pie in the sky needs to give way to cold hard reality.

And soon.

Once you accept that we are at dead ends with wind and solar maybe we can resume looking for real solutions.

Oh, please....you "conservatives" and your fantastical, worst-case hypotheticals.

:rolleyes:

Your traditional-values** expired, when people became better-educated (until the Freepers & Dead-O-Heads entered the picture).​

** "Grimm’s Fairy Tales are not all appropriate for very young children. Some the of the tales contain violence and prejudice. Unfortunately, they do reflect some of the less admirable qualities of the people who told the tales and spread them from one region to another. Some of the prejudice in evidence still exists today and cannot be viewed as entirely historical in nature. Please exercise care when reading them to young children. Try reading the story you are interested in first, then decide if it is appropriate material for your young listener."

Pocket full of shells has it right for once.
Our Great military is kicking some serious ass. Lets get a real president, that will not waiver in a cowardess fashion and send in the required troops we need to finish this
" WAR " so that there will continue to be less American lives lost. No credit to Obama.
That is what you meant wasn`t it Shells. LOL

Werbung:
Well, I'll welcome that news. The surge did ts job allowing for the orderly shift to Iraqi control that we've been working toward all this time.
The Surge??!!!

"...all this time..."????!!!!! :eek:

How securely/desperately you "conservatives" cling, to POST-Rummy history!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

April 09, 2006

"Two senior military officers are known to have challenged Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on the planning of the Iraq war. Army General Eric Shinseki publicly dissented and found himself marginalized. Marine Lieut. General Greg Newbold, the Pentagon's top operations officer, voiced his objections internally and then retired, in part out of opposition to the war. Here, for the first time, Newbold goes public with a full-throated critique:

In 1971, the rock group The Who released the antiwar anthem Won't Get Fooled Again. To most in my generation, the song conveyed a sense of betrayal by the nation's leaders, who had led our country into a costly and unnecessary war in Vietnam. To those of us who were truly counterculture--who became career members of the military during those rough times--the song conveyed a very different message. To us, its lyrics evoked a feeling that we must never again stand by quietly while those ignorant of and casual about war lead us into another one and then mismanage the conduct of it. Never again, we thought, would our military's senior leaders remain silent as American troops were marched off to an ill-considered engagement. It's 35 years later, and the judgment is in: the Who had it wrong. We have been fooled again."

Back