Going to DC next week....

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
Going to DC next week for 5 days ( 4 that count) any suggestions of places outside the norm to check out...already checked and can't get into the white house...but will be seeing the Korean war memorial for sure, going to get some pics of a relatives name and planing to hit the major stuff..Smithsonian, National Cathedral , ext....

Werbung:
Going to DC next week for 5 days ( 4 that count) any suggestions of places outside the norm to check out...already checked and can't get into the white house...but will be seeing the Korean war memorial for sure, going to get some pics of a relatives name and planing to hit the major stuff..Smithsonian, National Cathedral , ext....

Your problem was you asked Michelle Bachmann for White House tickets...she is going to be low on the list to get anyone a tour....If you know someone in a Dem office you can probably still get a tour if they owe you a favor.

If you have a car, Mount Vernon is neat. You ought to do the Capitol as well. WWII Memorial is neat.

Go to the National Archives and read the Constitution. You might learn something.

Then go to Arlington Cemetery. You might learn something there too.

http://www.archives.gov/nae/visit/

Your problem was you asked Michelle Bachmann for White House tickets...she is going to be low on the list to get anyone a tour....If you know someone in a Dem office you can probably still get a tour if they owe you a favor.

If you have a car, Mount Vernon is neat. You ought to do the Capitol as well. WWII Memorial is neat.

yea, no Dems I know in office...silly me always working for the Independence party lol...not planning to have a car, just using the metro. but yea we talked about trying to get to mount Vernon if we can. the WWII Memorial I am sure we will see, as if recall its not far from the korea and veitnam one. Also as far as still getting into the white house, they do background checks so may take a bit..but the girl from Bachmanns office actually got my gf in last year so that was our best shot. Capital is on the list for sure to see.

Werbung:
The Holocaust Museum is a short walk fro the Korean war thing as I recall. Maybe if you see how te Jews have been treated you might understand their views better.

Don't bother with the spy museum. Nats game might be fun.

Use the Metro for getting around. NO CAR ! Traffic is worse than you have ever seen. I don't care where else you've been.

Protect your money and stay in your room after dark. Georgetown is not nearly as interesting as it sounds.

Back