God is gonna get us.

There are not differing Christian "religions." There are differing denominations. Some of them split off due to legitimate doctrinal differences, others simply due to regional and historical differences.

You are more aware of splintering among the Christians because I assume you live in a Christian nation and you are exposed to it every time you drive down a semi-busy street in a reasonably sized city. You have less exposure to the splintering of, say, the Muslim and Jewish faiths for that same reason.

true, you have the Shia, Sunni , shia twelvers, Sufi...But in there case I can see how the main slit happened...with the Sunni Shia part...the Shia about 40 years after Mohammad Died chose to go with Ali, his closest relitive as the leader...the Sunni went with someone else based on his being the better scholar of Islam...Shia always went with the closest Blood being the leader, while the Sunni went with to most learned...But so far as I know the Koran never stated who should be the leader of Islam after he was gone..thus it was fairly natural to split...and now a days the split is not a bit like that of the Catholics and the Protestants...int hat the Shia have strict top down leadership with what is somewhat like a Pope at the top ...the Shia...well just about anyone can lead what ever they want and do what they want...no one above can say much...thus its the Protestant idea...and the Sufi I am not sure how they came about...but they are the Buddhist maybe? as they are the more "mystical" version of Islam..

Werbung:
Good point! All religions seem to suffer from this inability to decide what God wants. It amazes me that such an all powerful being is such a lousy communicator.

It amazes me that this passes for wit wherever you're from.

As far as Christianity is concerned, all the denominations are in agreement on the one thing God clearly wanted them to learn from His time on earth. The rest is ecclesiastical and theological minutiae: disputes over how best to instantiate the essence of worshipfulness, not over what is to be worshipped.

true, you have the Shia, Sunni , shia twelvers, Sufi...But in there case I can see how the main slit happened...with the Sunni Shia part...the Shia about 40 years after Mohammad Died chose to go with Ali, his closest relitive as the leader...the Sunni went with someone else based on his being the better scholar of Islam...Shia always went with the closest Blood being the leader, while the Sunni went with to most learned...But so far as I know the Koran never stated who should be the leader of Islam after he was gone..thus it was fairly natural to split...and now a days the split is not a bit like that of the Catholics and the Protestants...int hat the Shia have strict top down leadership with what is somewhat like a Pope at the top ...the Shia...well just about anyone can lead what ever they want and do what they want...no one above can say much...thus its the Protestant idea...and the Sufi I am not sure how they came about...but they are the Buddhist maybe? as they are the more "mystical" version of Islam..

Islam_branches_and_schools.svg

The rest is ecclesiastical and theological minutiae: disputes over how best to instantiate the essence of worshipfulness, not over what is to be worshipped.

It seems that the "minutiae" has led to extreme violence between religions, and also between sects within the same religion. The "instantiation" of worshipfulness exploded to an outrageous brutality that has occurred for hundreds of years? Shame on all religions for letting that happen.

It seems that the "minutiae" has led to extreme violence between religions, and also between sects within the same religion. The "instantiation" of worshipfulness exploded to an outrageous brutality that has occurred for hundreds of years? Shame on all religions for letting that happen.

Nah there is not that much violence between Christians.

A review of the Encyclopedia of War shows that most wars are the result of politicians. Of the few (17%) religious wars over half are the result of Islam. Of the tiny percent that are non-Islamic they account for about 3% of wars.

P.S. of the wars caused by politicians, countries with atheistic philosphies account for more killings in one century than all religions in all of previous history.

Has there ever been a war between Christians that was not in reality politically based? I don't think so.

Nah there is not that much violence between Christians.
The Protestant/Catholics killings in Ireland were pretty violent.

A review of the Encyclopedia of War shows that most wars are the result of politicians. Of the few (17%) religious wars over half are the result of Islam. Of the tiny percent that are non-Islamic they account for about 3% of wars.

P.S. of the wars caused by politicians, countries with atheistic philosphies account for more killings in one century than all religions in all of previous history.

Has there ever been a war between Christians that was not in reality politically based? I don't think so.
In my post I did not mention wars. Just violence. For example the Suni's and Shiites were replete with violence, but didn't have a war as such. And yes, I agree most wars are political, but I'm not talking about war in general, I was commenting on religious violence over "minute" differences.

One might reach the conclusion that human beings are simply violent creatures.

I can now predict when GOD will get us
October 18th!

Ummm......... sure.

The hype:

A dizzying collection of doomsday predictions have been linked to comet Elenin. The hysteria was inevitable as anxiety grows over the approach of 2012 -- that is supposedly a game-changing year for life on Earth. At least according to some interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar.

If you believe the gobbledygook on numerous websites and YouTube videos, this is a "renegade comet" that just couldn't wait for 2012 to mess with the Earth.

The reality:

Comet Elenin will sweep nearest to Earth on Oct. 16 at a distance of 21 million miles and be moving fast enough to travel the distance from Earth to the moon in under five hours!

The effects of the comet on Earth at closest approach will be as inconsequential as that of a mosquito slamming head-on into an ocean-going supertanker.

Link

Any nation who turns away from God and dares to accept all kinds of filthy manners of life,will be brought down.Romans 1:1-32.America will go down for her Godlessness,perversions of any kinds,abortions,fornications,divorces+remarriages,and gay agenda that is now plaguing our states.

Any nation who turns away from God and dares to accept all kinds of filthy manners of life,will be brought down.Romans 1:1-32.America will go down for her Godlessness,perversions of any kinds,abortions,fornications,divorces+remarriages,and gay agenda that is now plaguing our states.

I think that less preaching and more conversation would be helpful.

Werbung:
Back