God is gonna get us.

Werbung:
Naaah! God loves diversity! He/She/It has a great sense of humor, and loves to play tricks on us.

Pockets is on the planet. That's proof of your statement. Lol

Now, that is diversity. Proof that god loves variety.

Quiz: What did Ben Franklin say was proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy?

Now, that is diversity. Proof that god loves variety.

Quiz: What did Ben Franklin say was proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy?

Well, that's an easy one. . .although I would have found it more accurate if he had used "Wine" instead of "Beer!" ;)

Why does anyone care what Pat says?

Though I think some people like to keep Pat front and center to make Christians look worse.

Though I think some people like to keep Pat front and center to make Christians look worse.

73576_holy_bible_on_table.jpg

A lot of what makes you look bad comes from here.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Leviticus 20:13

This is arguably more offensive to homosexuals than what Pat said.

Why indeed? Yet, it appears that a lot of people do, enough to make up a studio and TV audience anyway:

The 700 Club is a live television program that airs weekdays before a studio audience from The Christian Broadcasting Network's (CBN) broadcast facilities in Virginia Beach, Virginia

about the 700 club

I don't think non-Christian people are sending in millions to keep the 700 club on TV!

I would say that it is those people who are benefiting from the "donations" who want to make sure the poor old Pat stays on TV even in his slow (maybe not that slow) slide into Alzheimer!

73576_holy_bible_on_table.jpg

A lot of what makes you look bad comes from here.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Leviticus 20:13

This is arguably more offensive to homosexuals than what Pat said.

More arguable it indicates that you don't understand the bible as thoruoughly as you could - granted it is a complex book and understanding it requires effort.

the book of Leviticus is written for believing Jews and no others. If one is Jewish and chooses to follow the Jewish laws so be it but if one is not Jewish and does not choose to follow the Jewish laws then certain statements in Leviticus has no bearing on his life. Why would one find offense from a rule that is not intended to apply to him?

Leviticus in a passage very near to the one you quote says that it is an abomination to eat shrimp. Again for one who chooses to live the life of an observant Jew he can follow that rule. For everyone else it does not apply.

There are in fact a variety of laws in the bible; Levitical, Abrahamic, Mosaic, etc. One must understand the context of things first. People like Pat no doubt are more accountable for their errors since they claim to understand but do not.

Werbung:
I don't think non-Christian people are sending in millions to keep the 700 club on TV!

I would say that it is those people who are benefiting from the "donations" who want to make sure the poor old Pat stays on TV even in his slow (maybe not that slow) slide into Alzheimer!
A quick search indicates that at one time the 700 club went off the air for lack of viewership and at present seems to have about 800,000 in annual viewers which to me seems pretty small. To me that indicates that it is not representative of very much at all. Certainly not of me.

Back