• Global Warming but not God

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • God but not Global Warming

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Nether Global Warming nor God

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Werbung:
Okay... How does belief in theism and global warming have any connection?

Kperry, Welcome to the HOP and I'm honored that my thread is graced with your first post!

As for a connection... I don't know, I was just curious as to what the results would be. :)

Please be honest... I'm very curious about the results. :)

EDIT*

Thats meant to say: Anthropogenic Global Warming

Sorry, I threw off your numbers. I didn't read your first post. Global warming is certainly real. The fact that the glaciers have melted back from as far south as Texas in the past 14,000 years is proof enough that the earth is warming, but the idea that we are causing it is nothing more than agenda driven fear mongering.

I am all for cleaning up the enviornment and imposing draconian punishments on those who engage in illegal dumping, etc, but to risk severe economic hardships over a half assed theory like anthropogenic climate change is irresponsible.

As to belief in God. Yes, I believe in God. I don't use religion as a basis for an argument on any issue, however. Generally speaking, a righteous argument can be won on the perponderance of the facts without ever having to bring up the subject of religion. If one is unable to win an argument based on the facts, then chances are that the Bible wouldn't support your argument either.

OK, I'll bite. Just what is the connection?

How about do you believe in UFOs and evolution?

Belief in god (or belief that there is no god) is faith based, either way. There is no scientific proof.

Scientists tell us that global warming is real, and that it is likely (but not proven beyond a doubt) that human activity is accelerating it. Should additional facts come to light, they will change their minds. Scientists are like that, basing what they say on fact and logic, rather than faith or emotion.

I admit, the poll was poorly written. Global Warming is real - we've been coming out of an ice age for centuries - but the big question is if you think MAN is responsible and that MAN can control the climate through their actions.

As for the premise, you have heard the saying: "People who don't believe in God will believe in Anything!" and I think The GW movement has become very much a religion to some.... Man sins and an invisible force in the heavens punishes man for his transgressions.

Whats most frustrating is that real scientists who disagree with the "Consensus" that Mankind is responsible for alterations in Climate are totally ignored as quacks... and any tom-dick-harry can claim Man is to blame and be heralded as a genius.

Now how about a question.... Which stands to get more funding:
1. A scientist that wants to study the negative effects of MMGW
OR
2. A scientist that wants to study the positive effects of MMGW

Did you know? The MMGW crowd is pushing to nearly DOUBLE their federal grant money, from 9 BILLION a year to 17 BILLION a year! Follow the money... There is money to be made if you find facts that buttress your predetermined theory - on both sides - but thats hardly objective science.

We need to remove the political aspect of this research but I really don't see that happening any time soon.... In the meantime... Since people are so worried about "Fairness" in other areas, How about we give equal money to scientists on both sides - rather than always giving the lions share to those who seek to blame man. Perhaps then the science would improve and reports about the findings would become more accurate and less biased.

''Belief in god (or belief that there is no god) is faith based, either way. There is no scientific proof.''

Subsitute anything for 'god' and this still scans.

Father xmas, fairies etc.

It is a worthless comment as it is logically impossible to prove a negative.

For most sane people the onus is on proving existence.

And on this approach god's existential status is woefully lacking.

We need to remove the political aspect of this research but I really don't see that happening any time soon....

Not possible. If you could remove the polititical aspect, you would remove the issue. Anthropogenic climate change is an agenda driven hysteria with anti capitalist roots.

It is a worthless comment as it is logically impossible to prove a negative.

For most sane people the onus is on proving existence.

Then why doesn't it work that way with AGW? Why is the onus on "deniers" to prove there is no AGW?

Because AGW theory has become a religion all its own.

Not possible. If you could remove the polititical aspect, you would remove the issue. Anthropogenic climate change is an agenda driven hysteria with anti capitalist roots.

I agree, it would no longer be an issue but so long as the Government holds the purse strings to research money, it will be. I didn't mention the Anti-Capitalism aspect but its certainly one of the primary driving forces behind the "Consensus" science that passes as "proof".

Now as I said elsewhere, just 28% of emissions come from transportation and nearly ALL the rest of the 72% come from the production of electricity.... Yet the Leftists choose to attack the 28% and pretend THATS where the problem is.... And I'm still waiting for one of the AGW believers to explain why going after the 28% is of MORE importance than the 72%... I don't think they can.

Its certainly NOT about reducing GHG's as quickly as possible, its about getting people out of their personal vehicles and corraling them into cities where they are even MORE reliant on Government for their dailly lives... Hard Core Leftists HATE the idea of people having indepenence from the Government, those free people should be stuck waiting for busses, taking trains and in some cases riding bikes. What a great trick, tell people that in order to save the world they must give up their lifestyles, their freedoms, their independence and subordinate themselves entirely to the state.

What a Leftist Dream Come True....

Werbung:
Back