Gary Mckinnon should not be extradited to the US

Dawkinsrocks

For those of you who don't know, GM is the UK guy who hacked into the Pentagon's IT systems and is now facing extradition for trial in the US where he faces a lengthy prison term.

This is a disgrace and spectacularly hypocritical.

The US regularly hacks into everyone elses systems and if they can't deploy digital security that is good enough to keep an amateur UFO seeker out they should send their IT guys to prison.

It is an outrage that everyone should protest against.

He is British, he should be tried on British soil and given a sentence of holidaying in the Maldives for to weeks.

Werbung:
For those of you who don't know, GM is the UK guy who hacked into the Pentagon's IT systems and is now facing extradition for trial in the US where he faces a lengthy prison term.

This is a disgrace and spectacularly hypocritical.

The US regularly hacks into everyone elses systems and if they can't deploy digital security that is good enough to keep an amateur UFO seeker out they should send their IT guys to prison.

It is an outrage that everyone should protest against.

He is British, he should be tried on British soil and given a sentence of holidaying in the Maldives for to weeks.

More great logic on your part.

If someone shoots someone else, it is the person who got shots fault because his family did not do a good enough job to protect him, therefore they should be the ones going to jail. :rolleyes:

What if the person shot was shooting more poeple in the world than anyone else?

By this I assume you are back to your claim that the US hacks everyone else's computer systems?

First rule of doing that kind of work should be "do not get caught." Once you get caught you are on your own to suffer the consequences.

Ahh I see.

Crime is fine if you don't get caught.

Interesting angle. I hope you don't have children.

Aren't you a bit concerned that after all the money your Government has stolen off you to fight a war on a concept (terror) that the hub of its defense systems can be hacked by an amateur with a laptop?

Ahh I see.

Crime is fine if you don't get caught.

Interesting angle. I hope you don't have children.

Aren't you a bit concerned that after all the money your Government has stolen off you to fight a war on a concept (terror) that the hub of its defense systems can be hacked by an amateur with a laptop?

Well do not expect to try to shift the blame when you do get caught, better yet do not commit the crime to begin with.

What has the government stolen off of me? They gave me a tax cut.

Yes, it is alarming that he can hack the system with a laptop, but it is not surprising, and now his method has been closed off.

He did no harm except demonstrate the lousy security that was in place.

he didn't seek any personal game or to harm anyone.

Unlike those that occupy the Pentagon

He did no harm except demonstrate the lousy security that was in place.

he didn't seek any personal game or to harm anyone.

Unlike those that occupy the Pentagon

Doing no harm does not make what he did legal...

That said, nations waging cyber warfare is a bit different from one guy with a laptop trying to find out about aliens.

He did the US a favour.

Imagine if someone of bad intent had hacked in.

Pity the US is too small to admit this and let it go.

Or offer him a job.

It is a perfect example of how hideous the US is becoming

And why its standing in the world is at an all time low.

Cue kick ass rhetoric abouty saving everyone's ass

He did the US a favour.

Imagine if someone of bad intent had hacked in.

Pity the US is too small to admit this and let it go.

Or offer him a job.

It is a perfect example of how hideous the US is becoming

And why its standing in the world is at an all time low.

Cue kick ass rhetoric abouty saving everyone's ass

The standing the US will change over the years. It has been lower and it has been high. But that does not stop us from doing what needs to be done. After the Iraq War is won, I would bet opinion shifts back to favorable.

Apparently all it takes to make the world happy is to elect Obama anyway, so why do opinions like that matter exactly?

You really think that Iraq will end happily for the US????

Have you heard of Vietnam???

Do you think the Arab world will tolerate a puppet US government whilst the US continues to supply Israel with WMD??

Do you really think that????

And when was world opinion of the US lower than it is now?

You really think that Iraq will end happily for the US????

Have you heard of Vietnam???

Do you think the Arab world will tolerate a puppet US government whilst the US continues to supply Israel with WMD??

Do you really think that????

And when was world opinion of the US lower than it is now?

I think that you do not have a clue about Iraq.

First of all Iraq is going quite well right now. Many Arab states in the Middle East have recognized the government and are forgiving debt. So this talk of the Arab World not tolerating the government is pure BS.

As for the popularity contest, it is all relative. The Cold War dominated the entire era that the US was a world player, and depending on who you asked, you would get very different answers of popularity. After the fall of the Soviet Union, even when the US mostly kept to itself, we saw a rise of anti-Americanism in certain parts of the world.

Popularity is all relative, and in the long run is pretty irrelevant when making decisions.

You get your news from Fox don't you.

The pictures you get of the war going well are called proaganda.

It is nothing like that.

Iraq is a continuing war zone and it will never submit to the US.

Do you think that they welcome an invading force of what they view as infidels burning their women and children to death in their hundreds of thousands?

Do you think they will just sit back and watch their natural resources being plundered by this invading force?

Would you if it was the other way around?

And I notice you side-stepped the point about the US supplying WMD to the middle east so that the Arab's arch enemy can have the weapons that the US trumped as a charge of ownership to justify attacking Iraq.

Can't you see what that looks like to every rational person in the world let alone the victims?

No, becaus you see all the propaganda on Fox news - an extreme right wing news agancy that would say that the Arabs have become Christians if Bush asked them too.

You get your news from Fox don't you.

The pictures you get of the war going well are called proaganda.

It is nothing like that.

Iraq is a continuing war zone and it will never submit to the US.

Uh, actually no, I do not get it from "Fox News". But every major news outlet also says the same thing. The Army says the same thing, violence is at 4 year lows... you are just clueless. Sorry that the Palestinian Times has not run the report yet.

Do you think that they welcome an invading force of what they view as infidels burning their women and children to death in their hundreds of thousands?

Do you think they will just sit back and watch their natural resources being plundered by this invading force?

Would you if it was the other way around?

No, they did not welcome us, hence why it was so violent for so long. But now, violence is at all time lows, all parties are participating in the elections, and the militias have stood down.

And I notice you side-stepped the point about the US supplying WMD to the middle east so that the Arab's arch enemy can have the weapons that the US trumped as a charge of ownership to justify attacking Iraq.

Can't you see what that looks like to every rational person in the world let alone the victims?

I did not address it because it makes no difference in how the Arab World views Iraq. The Arab world is recognizing the Iraqi government and forgiving debt, that is not disputable.

No, becaus you see all the propaganda on Fox news - an extreme right wing news agancy that would say that the Arabs have become Christians if Bush asked them too.

Any opinion different from your own is just Fox News hogwash right? Everyone has reported the same thing, violence is down, Iraq is in a better situation.

Werbung:
Back