French P.O.W. in Syria

Werbung:
Do you even know who the rebels are?

They are none-Syrians.

None of insurgents were Syrian: UK journalist

Monday August 6, 2012 - 08:43

Not a Syrian in sight. This wasn’t what I had expected…Two of them were so Anglicised they couldn’t speak Arabic.”

John Cantile, British journalist freed from capture in Syria

A British photographer who was captured by insurgents in Syria has said that his captors were foreign extremists including several Britons with “not a Syrian in sight”.

On July 19, freelance photographer John Cantile, alongside his Dutch colleague Jeroen Oerlemans, was kidnapped in northern Syrian and freed one week later.

Cantile said he was held in a camp by 30 foreign extremists including some from Britain and Pakistan. He also revealed that some of his captors were “young men with south London accents”.

“Not a Syrian in sight. This wasn't what I had expected”, Cantile added. “Two of them were so Anglicised they couldn't speak Arabic”.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/06/254692/none-of-insurgents-were-syrian/

Saudi Arabia support the Syrian rebels as they are sunnies. I am not sure the secular Turks would get involved.

Christians 'emptied from Middle East'

Rowan Callick

October 06, 2012

THE mother superior of a 1500-year-old monastery in Syria warned yesterday during a visit to Australia that the uprising against Bashar al-Assad has been hijacked by foreign Islamist mercenaries, with strong support from Western countries.

Mother Agnes-Mariam de la Croix was forced to flee to neighbouring Lebanon in June when she was warned of a plot to abduct her, after she revealed that about 80,000 Christians had been "cleared" by rebel forces from their homes in Homs province.

She described on the website of the Greek-Melkite Catholic monastery of St James, the church she rebuilt 18 years ago after discovering it in ruins, how Islamist rebels had gathered Christian and Alawi hostages in a building in Khalidiya in Homs. Then they blew it up with dynamite and attributed the act to the regular army.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/christians-emptied-from-middle-east/story-e6frg6so-1226489418086

Western-Backed Rebels Move Against Syria’s Christian Minority

Churches in Homs Under Constant Attack

by Jason Ditz, October 14, 2012

Militant factions in rebel-held cities like Homs see Christian communities as easy targets for extortion, and the more Islamist blocs regularly target their churches, damaging many and destroying others.

Christians and other minorities have tried to form militias to protect their neighborhoods, but with the rebels awash in Western money and arms, they are simply out-manned and outgunned. As the fight continues to escalate, the groups are facing a tougher and tougher choice about whether to try to stay or to flee abroad.

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/10/14/western-backed-rebels-move-against-syrias-christian-minority/

The plight of Syria's Christians: 'We left Homs because they were trying to kill us'

In the civil war, they have tried to stay neutral. But despite this, many are now facing persecution and death

Kim Sengupta

Al-Qaa, Lebanon Friday 02 November 2012

The car may have been the reason why the 23-year-old student was ambushed and taken hostage, along with a female friend, as they were travelling to a shopping complex. The revolutionary fighters with Kalashnikovs who led them away subjected Mr Bedrosian – blindfolded and tied up – to savage beatings and threats of execution before the pair was finally freed in exchange for a ransom.

Or there may have been a different reason for the attack: they were targeted by the Sunni Muslim rebels because they were Christians. Mr Bedrosian did not wait long to find out, leaving – along with his brother – for Lebanon. Others from the Syrian Armenian community followed, abandoning their homes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/the-plight-of-syrias-christians-we-left-homs-because-they-were-trying-to-kill-us-8274710.html

The plight of Syria's Christians: 'We left Homs because they were trying to kill us'

In the civil war, they have tried to stay neutral. But despite this, many are now facing persecution and death

Kim Sengupta

The car may have been the reason why the 23-year-old student was ambushed and taken hostage, along with a female friend, as they were travelling to a shopping complex. The revolutionary fighters with Kalashnikovs who led them away subjected Mr Bedrosian – blindfolded and tied up – to savage beatings and threats of execution before the pair was finally freed in exchange for a ransom.

Or there may have been a different reason for the attack: they were targeted by the Sunni Muslim rebels because they were Christians. Mr Bedrosian did not wait long to find out, leaving – along with his brother – for Lebanon. Others from the Syrian Armenian community followed, abandoning their homes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/the-plight-of-syrias-christians-we-left-homs-because-they-were-trying-to-kill-us-8274710.html

Kim Sengupta

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ause-they-were-trying-to-kill-us-8274710.html

The US is only providing non-lethal aid to the opposition and Obama is very reluctant to make a substantial military commitment such as imposing a no-fly zone because there are concerns that the revolution in Syria is partly hijacked by extremist elements and arming them would create complications and it's still Syria's internal matter which has to be resolved by the people in Syria no matter how long it may take.

Then how do you explain this, US is smuggling weapons to Syria.

There's A Reason Why All Of The Reports About Benghazi Are So Confusing

Michael Kelley|Nov. 3, 2012,

"The U.S. effort in Benghazi was at its heart a CIA operation," officials briefed on intelligence told the Wall Street Journal, and there's evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to Syrian rebels.

WSJ reports that the State Department presence in Benghazi "provided diplomatic cover" for the previously hidden CIA mission, which involved finding and repurchasing heavy weaponry looted from Libyan government arsenals. These weapons are presumably from Muammar Gaddafi's stock of about 20,000 portable heat-seeking missiles, the bulk of which were SA-7 surface-to-air anti-aircraft missiles.

What's odd is that a Libyan ship—which reportedly weighed 400 tons and included SA-7s—docked in southern Turkey on Sept. 6 and its cargo ended up in the hands of Syrian rebels. The man who organized that shipment, Tripoli Military Council head Abdelhakim Belhadj, worked directly with Stevens during the Libyan revolution.

http://www.businessinsider.com/benghazi-stevens-cia-attack-libya-2012-11#ixzz2BIeTOUUV

The US is only providing non-lethal aid to the opposition and Obama is very reluctant to make a substantial military commitment such as imposing a no-fly zone because there are concerns that the revolution in Syria is partly hijacked by extremist elements and arming them would create complications and it's still Syria's internal matter which has to be resolved by the people in Syria no matter how long it may take.

Is it hypocrite to defend for a war criminal? All this waw pre-planned.

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years
General Wesley Clark:

Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second." I said, "Well, you're too busy." He said, "No, no." He says, "We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq." This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, "We're going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don't know." He said, "I guess they don't know what else to do." So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it's worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran." I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don't show it to me." And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, "You remember that?" He said, "Sir, I didn't show you that memo! I didn't show it to you!"

Werbung:
Al Qaeda grows powerful in Syria as endgame nears

By Khaled Yacoub Oweis

AMMAN | Thu Dec 20, 2012

The rise of al Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, al-Nusra Front, which the United States designated a terrorist organisation last week, could usher in a long and deadly confrontation with the West, and perhaps Israel.

Inside Syria, the group is exploiting a widening sectarian rift to recruit Sunnis who saw themselves as disenfranchised by Assad's Alawite minority, an offshoot of Shi'ite Islam that dominates Syria's power and security structures.

Al-Nusra appears to have gained popularity in a country that has turned more religious as the uprising, mainly among Sunni Muslims, has been met with increasing force by authorities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/20/us-syria-crisis-qaeda-idUSBRE8BJ06B20121220

Back