Free Our Schools

More support for illegal alien invaders:

At their 2009 california state convention, the NEA advocated in-state tuition for illegals at universities:

B-24. Education of Refugee and Undocumented Children and Children of Undocumented Immigrants. The Association supports access for undocumented students to financial aid and in-state tuition to state colleges and universities.

http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2009/aug09/NEA-resolutions09.html

In other words, AMERICAN CITIZENS have to pay huge out of state tuition, while people who shouldn't even be in the country, much less in our universites, should get a break on tuition.

Yaaaa, tell me all about how teachers unions don't help illegals. You lose on the FACTS.

Werbung:
" ...And what the hell is wrong with asking an oath of allegience ..."

I pledge allegiance (without condition...no matter what the government does or to whom, even if it means killing Jews), to the flag (exactly what does that mean?) of the United States of American, to the republic for which it stands, on nation under God (Ein Gott, One God), inadvisable (Ein Reich, One Government) , with liberty and justice for all [all people] (Ein Folk One People). All the is left out is, Ein Fuhrer, One Leader.

Pledging allegiance to a flag is ambiguous. It is also does not imply any conditions. It is very similar to the oath recited by the Nazi's. It serves no practical purpose except to identify those who chose not to recite it, just like the Nazi oath.A more appropriate oath would be:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Note: When entering the service of the United States Military, one does not recite the Pledge of Allegiance, one recites the following oath:

http://www.history.army.mil/faq/oaths.htm
The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

I pledge allegiance (without condition...no matter what the government does or to whom, even if it means killing Jews), to the flag (exactly what does that mean?) of the United States of American, to the republic for which it stands, on nation under God (Ein Gott, One God),

Riiiiiiiight - pledging allegiance to america is like pledging allegiance to nazi germany - see why you can't debate leftwingers? :p

Pledging allegiance to a flag is ambiguous.

It's a harmless expression of patriotism. Only a leftwing nutcase who starts having paranoid fantasies when patriotism comes up could get bent out of shape by it.

It's a harmless expression of patriotism.

Yes, basically harmless and meaningless as well.

You are pledging to be loyal to the flag, not to the Constitution? To the Republic? Does that mean the government currently in power, the system of laws, the people, or what? One nation under god (Whose god?) indivisible (OK, we promise not to secede) What does "justice for all" mean? Sounds kind of Marxist to me.

No, I have no problem with the pledge. It can mean whatever the person reciting it wants it to mean anyway.

The Pledge of Allegiance is ambiguous
To which you answered:

It's a harmless expression of patriotism. Only a leftwing nutcase who starts having paranoid fantasies when patriotism comes up could get bent out of shape by it.

It would appear that you do not know what ambiguous means.

And I repeat: "It serves no practical purpose except to identify those who chose not to recite it..."

When little Bobby does not recite it in his First Grade Class (because he is a Jehovah Witness and been told by his parents that he should not recite it), his classmates bully him at recess because he must be a "Communist", or something. But hey, it is just an innocent expression of patriotism. What harm is there in that?

You seem to be limited in your ability to conceptualize the possibilities. Oh well as long as you are smart enough not to scratch your nuts with your salad fork at Thanksgiving, I guess you will be alright.

Yes, basically harmless and meaningless as well.

You are pledging to be loyal to the flag, not to the Constitution?

It's OBVIOUSLY a symbol of the country, and by implication the constitution which defined it Einstein. :D

It's OBVIOUSLY a symbol of the country, and by implication the constitution which defined it Einstein. :D
No Einstein, not implied, you infer it. To others it might be something very much different. Hey!!! That is not what a salad fork is for!

No Einstein, not implied, you infer it. To others it might be something very much different. Hey!!! That is not what a salad fork is for!

RIIIIIIIIGHT - EVERYONE THINKS THEY ARE SWEARING LOYALTY TO A PIECE OF CLOTH!!!!! :D :p :)

YAAAAA HA HA BLAHHHH HAR HAR GIGGLE HEEE HEE SNICKER! :D

HAVING CRUSHED THE OPPOSITION, I DECLARE

ABSOLUTE AND TOTAL VICTORY IN THIS THREAD!!! :D

P-1705(V-..._).jpg

Werbung:
Back