Freddie wants another 6b of our money

dogtowner

Staff member
yeah the same Freddie that just paid millions in bonuses

I wonder if OWS will get upset over this. They're not technically located on Wall Street. When is enough enough and is this specifically excluded from Dodd-Frank behemoth too big to fail ?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Government-controlled mortgage giant Freddie Mac has requested $6 billion in additional aid after posting a wider loss in the third quarter.

Freddie Mac said Thursday that it lost $6 billion, or $1.86 per share, in the July-September quarter. That compares with a loss of $4.1 billion, or $1.25 a share, in the same quarter of 2010.

This quarter's $6 billion request from taxpayers is the largest since April 2010.

Freddie's losses are increasing mainly for two reasons: Many homeowners are paying less interest because they are able to refinance at lower mortgage rates. And failing and bankrupt mortgage insurers are not paying out as much money when homeowners default.

The government rescued McLean, Va.-based Freddie Mac and sibling company Fannie Mae in September 2008 after massive losses on risky mortgages threatened to topple them. Since then, a federal regulator has controlled their financial decisions.

Taxpayers have spent about $169 billion to rescue Fannie and Freddie, the most expensive bailout of the 2008 financial crisis. The government estimates it could cost up to $51 billion more to support the companies through 2014.

Freddie and Washington-based Fannie own or guarantee about half of all U.S. mortgages, or nearly 31 million home loans worth more than $5 trillion. Along with other federal agencies, they backed nearly 90 percent of new mortgages over the past year.

Werbung:
That is just another example in the long list of corruption present in this administration.

I have heard people say BO's administration is the MOST corrupt in recent history. I know of no way to verify that statement, but I suspect it is true.

Werbung:
That is just another example in the long list of corruption present in this administration.

I have heard people say BO's administration is the MOST corrupt in recent history. I know of no way to verify that statement, but I suspect it is true.

lets use headcount of convicted after they're shown the door.

Back