Foreign Affairs Is Good v. Evil

Shotgun314159

It is obvious to me who the good guys are in this one and who the bad guys are. The bad guys are the ones who say Israel is a stinking corpse and should be wiped off the face of the earth. That's not a good guy who is saying that. Now, one who would seek to protect the good guys in this, the leaders of Israel and her friends, her allies, including the United States. In my world, those are the good guys

--------
O M F G

Werbung:
It is obvious to me who the good guys are in this one and who the bad guys are. The bad guys are the ones who say Israel is a stinking corpse and should be wiped off the face of the earth. That's not a good guy who is saying that. Now, one who would seek to protect the good guys in this, the leaders of Israel and her friends, her allies, including the United States. In my world, those are the good guys

--------
O M F G

Well, I must agree here. Which is why the Obama foreign policy is a disaster. He wants to talk with no preconditions, lend legitimacy to the "bad guys." Then in regards to Russia invading Georgia he wants to establish a "moral equivalency."

He also favors the two state solution, which is mostly an anti-Israel solution in its current shape and form.

They are not going to attack Iran. In my humble opinion anyway.

I hope they dont attack Iran as a whole, just the sites where they are making nukes. I know a lot of Iranian people and I like them, and they dont like the leaders there. The people want to rebell, its really sad.

lets say Israel does take out the plants and the president of Iran, would you support them?

I hope they dont attack Iran as a whole, just the sites where they are making nukes. I know a lot of Iranian people and I like them, and they dont like the leaders there. The people want to rebell, its really sad.

lets say Israel does take out the plants and the president of Iran, would you support them?

Problems with the attack:

1) We do not even know where all the sites are.
2) Russia has been selling very good anti-air defense to Iran.
3) Israel, in order to carry out the attack, would need to use Iraqi airspace (in the most likely scenario). This would place all the blame on the United States. Also, Israel does not have the mid-air refueling ability that would most likely be needed to carry out an attack of this magnitude as well.
4) Iran would retaliate against the United States, or United States interests in the Middle East. (Hormuz, Iraq, Saudi Arabia)
5) If the US wants them hit, odds are we simply hit them ourselves, as we have a much higher probability of success.
6) According to intelligence, technically Iran is not even making a nuke, so an airstrike means even less leverage in world opinion.
7) Attacking Iran unites a less than united domestic population.

The list can go on and on... the implications that attacking Iran will have on the interests of the United States make it in our best interest to attack Iran should we want them attacked.

Israel is well aware of this, and knows without our backing they are sunk in the region. It is in their interest to not make our lives even more miserable in the Middle East.

Problems with the attack:

1) We do not even know where all the sites are.
2) Russia has been selling very good anti-air defense to Iran.
3) Israel, in order to carry out the attack, would need to use Iraqi airspace (in the most likely scenario). This would place all the blame on the United States. Also, Israel does not have the mid-air refueling ability that would most likely be needed to carry out an attack of this magnitude as well.
4) Iran would retaliate against the United States, or United States interests in the Middle East. (Hormuz, Iraq, Saudi Arabia)
5) If the US wants them hit, odds are we simply hit them ourselves, as we have a much higher probability of success.
6) According to intelligence, technically Iran is not even making a nuke, so an airstrike means even less leverage in world opinion.
7) Attacking Iran unites a less than united domestic population.

The list can go on and on... the implications that attacking Iran will have on the interests of the United States make it in our best interest to attack Iran should we want them attacked.

Israel is well aware of this, and knows without our backing they are sunk in the region. It is in their interest to not make our lives even more miserable in the Middle East.
Iran can’t hurt us except by giving stuff to terrorist groups to take our direction, getting rid of the president of Iran or the nuke sites would only be to protect Israel... I would be for it because I really do love Israel, but I can understand why most Americans wouldn’t want to open that can of worms.

What do you think Israel should do? How much can they take of this mad man?

Iran can’t hurt us except by giving stuff to terrorist groups to take our direction, getting rid of the president of Iran or the nuke sites would only be to protect Israel... I would be for it because I really do love Israel, but I can understand why most Americans wouldn’t want to open that can of worms.

What do you think Israel should do? How much can they take of this mad man?

Iran is not going to attack us anywhere domestically, but Iran absolutely can hurt our interests abroad.

Iran can make or break or Iraq.
Iran can mine Hormuz, that is one the biggest transportation spots for oil.
Iran can fire missiles into the Saudi oil fields, destabilizing the entire region and causing a massive oil price spike.
Iran could cease exporting oil (not likely currently, but an option).

Saying Iran cannot "hurt" us is looking at the situation in a quite narrow minded way.

Iran is not going to attack us anywhere domestically, but Iran absolutely can hurt our interests abroad.

Iran can make or break or Iraq.
Iran can mine Hormuz, that is one the biggest transportation spots for oil.
Iran can fire missiles into the Saudi oil fields, destabilizing the entire region and causing a massive oil price spike.
Iran could cease exporting oil (not likely currently, but an option).

Saying Iran cannot "hurt" us is looking at the situation in a quite narrow minded way.

I am thinking on the lines of giving weapons to crazy people, I had not thought about what you listed, great now I wont sleep again tonight.

Last night I had nightmares all night long about the UN patroling our streets.

I am thinking on the lines of giving weapons to crazy people, I had not thought about what you listed, great now I wont sleep again tonight.

Last night I had nightmares all night long about the UN patroling our streets.

I doubt Iran would give anyone a weapon either.

He is crazy, Crazy people dont think like you or me. He thinks he is like our version of John the Baptist, the guy who makes the way for the last Emon? (Spelling).

I dont think he reasons like a normal person

I do not really think anything he has done is illogical if you approach it from the position of maximizing Iranian interests.

Half of his rhetoric is simply directed at the domestic Iranian population, and when taken as such makes a lot more sense.

Now, this is not trying to excuse actions taken by Iran, they are a problem, but I do not see them giving some rouge group a bomb just to give them a bomb. If Iran is interested in maximizing their power, and their actions suggest that they are, giving away the nuclear bomb is basically giving away what made them powerful.

I do not really think anything he has done is illogical if you approach it from the position of maximizing Iranian interests.

Half of his rhetoric is simply directed at the domestic Iranian population, and when taken as such makes a lot more sense.

Now, this is not trying to excuse actions taken by Iran, they are a problem, but I do not see them giving some rouge group a bomb just to give them a bomb. If Iran is interested in maximizing their power, and their actions suggest that they are, giving away the nuclear bomb is basically giving away what made them powerful.

Fair enough. You do know much more about this than I do. I see just about everything from a religous point of view. I do see very black and white. It is interesting when people show me the grey :)

Werbung:
morons...

the original quote is from little sister sarah
in her interview with kattie today
you wing nuts have no idea
how crazy she looked

krist what a board of blank slates...

Back