Ferguson: journalists arrested for doing their job

Six journalists were taken into custody while covering the protests in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday and early Tuesday, aggravating what one press freedom group has called a "concerted, top-down effort to restrict the fundamental First Amendment rights of the public and the press."

The incidents bring the total number of journalists arrested during the mid-August protests to 11.

Authorities tried to restrict members of the news media to a designated area away from the protests, sometimes nicknamed a "press pen."

Kerry Picket, a reporter for the conservative website Breitbart News, was arrested around the same time as Olson. She was held for "several hours," the website said.

"Picket was released when it was discovered that the trooper misunderstood directions from his superiors and was told to not allow vehicle traffic through but to allow foot traffic through.

Ryan Reilly of The Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery of The Washington Post were arrested inside a McDonald's in Ferguson. They were released 45 minutes later without being charged.

Is McDonald's a "war zone" too?
Where a mob is there you find your warzone.

Werbung:
Last night I got up and watched some of the live coverage while the idiots were out trying to riot. It was probably about 3:00 am CT.

One of the reporters said there were more media there than protesters. Sounds like they are fueling all the chaos.

Claiming to be a loud-mouth journalist is no defense to being a breach of the peace. This so-called "journalist" will learn that there are limits to speach enforced by law.

Really? Was there a mob in McDonald's? Were they unruly? I didn't see that in the news.

Then, you missed it ... that was exactly the situation. Cops were trying to clear protestors out of McDonalds where they had run when pressed by police outside.

I am not in Ferguson or even the USA. But I have seen white policemen arrest black people in your country and I have seen how much force is used. It woud not be allowed here in Australia.

I am not in Ferguson or even the USA. But I have seen white policemen arrest black people in your country and I have seen how much force is used. It woud not be allowed here in Australia.
Of course it would not happen in Australia at the moment ...

America is attack from within by the communist ... the same Leftist ideology that you support ... get ready my Leftist friend!

To quote our often loquacious, and most certainly caring, president - So, sue. Let the courts decide.

I'm not sure quoting an article written by one side of an issue qualifies as a truth-finding moment.
As criminal as our MSM is in their reporting these days I say put all them bastards in jail.

Of course it would not happen in Australia at the moment ...

America is attack from within by the communist ... the same Leftist ideology that you support ... get ready my Leftist friend!

Communists - in racist Nutterland? Weirdoes Rule. OK?

Communists are in every country but rare here. I suspect racist are more common in Nutterland. In Australia we ban raciest. One 70 year old man was sent from a football game for making raciest remarks about aboriginal players.

Communists are in every country but rare here. I suspect racist are more common in Nutterland. In Australia we ban raciest. One 70 year old man was sent from a football game for making raciest remarks about aboriginal players.
Nutterland ? Tazmania ?

Werbung:
Your complacency of not acknowledging what the leaders in you country are doing, the very kind of leadership that your sick liberal mind can not acknowledge is all telling ....

Back