Ferguson: journalists arrested for doing their job

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Journalists arrested for doing their job!

Scott Olson from Getty Image: "I want to be able to do my job as a member of the media and not be arrested for just doing my job."
scottolson.png

Arrested European journalists Ansgar Graw and Frank Herrmann: "The police wanted to prevent that we are able to investigate".
ansgargraw.png

Where is the USA heading? Share this post!

Werbung:
Ive seen other reports (with more detail) and its worth some digging as all is not necessarily as it appears.

Im curious Walter, is this story (goings on in Ferguson) of intetest overseas ?

I don't think this story is as it is being portrayed. This journalist was not in the right. It seems he is more interested in getting fame for himself, advancing his own career than reporting the truth about what's going on in Ferguson.

You're only getting one side of the story .... the police were attempting to clear an area ... the journalist refused ... he got arrested. What did he expect? A parade?

Im curious Walter, is this story (goings on in Ferguson) of intetest overseas ?

Yes, its covered in many medias.

You're only getting one side of the story .... the police were attempting to clear an area ... the journalist refused ... he got arrested. What did he expect? A parade?

Dont think so. Two journalists, completely independent from each other (one from Getty, one from Germany).

Yes, its covered in many medias.

Dont think so. Two journalists, completely independent from each other (one from Getty, one from Germany).

Both in the same place ... same incident.

I think so.

Now another German journalist was arrested ("Bild-Zeitung"), Lukas Hermsmeier. As far is I know a completely different incident.
Well these guys are looking specifically for violence to report which puts them in more ir less the same areas the cops are trying to get under control. Different specific instances but all of the same nature.

I'm not familiar with the story Walter is referring to. However, I am sure the cops are not the problem here. There are a heck of a lot more restrictions on the 1st Amendment coming directly from the White House than anything going on in Ferguson.

Keep in mine most of the unrest is being fomented from out of state agitators most likely sponsored by the Obama regime.

If this happened with your little boys who with guns in there standoff ( who the police should have shot them all , but unarmed black kids are scary...armed white guys trying to overcompensate are not) you would all be screaming a shit storm. But who cares just black kids...let them all die , no one cares in our little white suburbs.

but unarmed black kids are scary...armed white guys trying to overcompensate are not) you would all be screaming a shit storm. But who cares just black kids.
Which ones are committing the crimes? Which ones are attacking and assaulting people? Those are the ones who get shot.

This has to do with criminals, nothing to do with black or white. That is your sick little liberal racist brain trying to "over compensate" for an IQ!

If this happened with your little boys who with guns in there standoff ( who the police should have shot them all , but unarmed black kids are scary...armed white guys trying to overcompensate are not) you would all be screaming a shit storm. But who cares just black kids...let them all die , no one cares in our little white suburbs.
Do you have xray vision ?
How do you tell which rioting people are armed ?

so the Journalist are armed? the 90 year old Holocaust survivor was armed...get a clue

Did you actually read the articles? In both cases, the journalists refused to evacuate an area the police were attempting to clear. In fact, in the case of the German reporter, there are reports that he was trying to incite the crowd, presumably to get video of a confrontation.

Their press card does not give them the authority to ignore the police. In both cases, they should have been arrested.

Werbung:
Six journalists were taken into custody while covering the protests in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday and early Tuesday, aggravating what one press freedom group has called a "concerted, top-down effort to restrict the fundamental First Amendment rights of the public and the press."

The incidents bring the total number of journalists arrested during the mid-August protests to 11.

Authorities tried to restrict members of the news media to a designated area away from the protests, sometimes nicknamed a "press pen."

Kerry Picket, a reporter for the conservative website Breitbart News, was arrested around the same time as Olson. She was held for "several hours," the website said.

"Picket was released when it was discovered that the trooper misunderstood directions from his superiors and was told to not allow vehicle traffic through but to allow foot traffic through.

Ryan Reilly of The Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery of The Washington Post were arrested inside a McDonald's in Ferguson. They were released 45 minutes later without being charged.

Is McDonald's a "war zone" too?

Back