Evangelica Christians take an example from Scientology.

r0beph

We;ve all heard of scientology, religion (pseudoscience) of the stars and rich. Their tendancy to ignore scientific fact and medical advancements of the last several 100 years. Instead treating disorders with static electricity helmets and saw dust to remove "Thetans" but how far is this removed from

http://www.canadianchristianity.com/christianliving/070621mental.html Here we have evangelica putting a member of its congregation in grave danger because they believe that mental illness does not in fact exist, but is rather due to not being true in your worship of God. This is an afront to reality, while I've always thought evangelicals were bit over the top, this really is pushing the limits. These guys are dangerous to the health of their very own. That my friends is the gravest of all sins if we must point fingers. Bipolar disorder comes in many falvors and extremes. Some cases minor, some cases major. To find oneself in a daze not knowing what's going on is extraordinarily extreme, telling this woman that taking the medications SHOWN to assist in limiting the manic and depressive phases or at least lessen their effects, is disgusting. I am sure that if there is a hell there will be some very warm seats awaiting this people who bastardize the bible in their manner.

Werbung:
Did you finish reading the article? The author herself goes on to state that the behavior exhibited by "Cynthia"'s church is not common to all evangelical churches -- the author's own evangelical church was accepting of her and her condition.

I'm both a Christian (though admittedly not an evangelical) and a psychology major. I've also been diagnosed with dysthymia, a somewhat milder form of depression. I frankly don't understand people's objection to treatment of psychological disorders, many of which are borne from causes as physical as broken bones or ruptured organs. You'd go see a doctor for a broken arm, so why not go see a therapist for a mood disorder? Faith is a useful supplement to the healing process -- this we know from observation -- but it is not a valid substitute for it.

Werbung:
Did you finish reading the article? The author herself goes on to state that the behavior exhibited by "Cynthia"'s church is not common to all evangelical churches -- the author's own evangelical church was accepting of her and her condition.

I'm both a Christian (though admittedly not an evangelical) and a psychology major. I've also been diagnosed with dysthymia, a somewhat milder form of depression. I frankly don't understand people's objection to treatment of psychological disorders, many of which are borne from causes as physical as broken bones or ruptured organs. You'd go see a doctor for a broken arm, so why not go see a therapist for a mood disorder? Faith is a useful supplement to the healing process -- this we know from observation -- but it is not a valid substitute for it.

Yeah I read it. Evangelical's while likely are most milder than those involved with Cynthia, they're all a bit wacky. Yeah I'll never understand people not treating anything that there is a treatment for (tested, proven, and well documented). There's some sect of christianity that I cannot remember, but it's local here. Anyhow when I was a medic if we came across one and knew they were of that sect, we simply had to call a coroner if they were going to die without intervention because the faith itself had a standing DNR, we all thought it was nuts. There was a big todo about it here when a medic punched a kids dad cos he told the medic not to treat the child, but at age 15 the child can make that choice for themselves. Since the child still lives with the parents the medic believed the child had not yet made the choice to be a member of the church since his parents would be delegating the religion to the child and not via freewill. The medic still works for hemsi, the dad prolly is still angry.

Back