End government schools

While I agree with most of what you wrote, one question: no nation wide minimum standards?
They wouldn't be necessary. Parents are better at setting and upholding standards than government bureaucracies are anyway.

Well, we would have to make sure the basics were being taught, of course. Science, math, history, reading, writing and the like, so the government would have a role in accrediting schools.

Werbung:
Also known as minimum standards :)
You could call it that. What we have currently is a set of standards that are so long and involved that few, if any, educators know them all. Moreover, the standards apply to everyone, which would be all well and good if everyone were the same.

Minimum standards like, "teach reading, writing, math, science, and history at the very least, and don't substitute religious belief for science" That's a standard that could apply to all schools.

Werbung:
First and foremost, I am now an adult but I am product of the American public School system, where back in the day I got a wonderful education. But today we are so bogged down with testing our kids then teaching our kids. Plus, we have states that keep wanting pull money out of education which is forcing over crowding in classrooms for teachers because other teachers are getting out of the profession and these postitions aren't being filled. I know this because I know individuals who have worked in the education system, they have conveyed to me that there are wonderfuld teachers and educators in the public school system that are being taken for granted and having too many obsticles placed in front of them. So, getting rid of public education isn't the answer, letting teachers go back to teaching kids like they did back in the day, not teaching a test and giving them the funding that is righfully theirs without having it cut from state budgests along with the tools needed to do so would help to put education back on track where it should be.

Back