1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Electric car review by petrolhead

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Walter, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

Interesting review of an electric car (Kia e-Niro) by petrolhead "Gartshore's Garage", a Scottish car freak who has owned many cars from classics up to modern cars "from 500 horse power, license-losing monsters to tiny little city runarounds".

He never drove an electric car before so his experience is quite interesting:

2. Centrehalf

Centrehalf Well-Known Member

That man is a good reviewer, he hit all the points about the car not just the fact that it's electric. That charge time though...woof.

3. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

When you drive one in a city you only have to charge it only once a week, very comfortable and dirty cheap.

When you drive long distances you can charge it on a high performance charger on the freeway, for the car he tested from 20 to 80% it usually takes 30 to 40 minutes. Cars like a Tesla charge much faster.

4. Centrehalf

Centrehalf Well-Known Member

If i lived in a city I'd be all in but I don't so this wouldn't work for me.