Donkeys have some hard decisions to make

Thomas Jefferson was a genius , but what he said is irrelevant today''

If we taxed the Rich 90% of their income, we wouldn't even put a dent in our debt. Maybe a scratch ..No matter what our politicians promise us, the hammer is always brought down on the middle class.
The greatest period of economic growth in American history was during a time when there was absolutely no federal income tax? Between the end of the Civil War and 1913, there was an explosion of economic activity in the United States unlike anything ever seen before or since. Unfortunately, a federal income tax was instituted in 1913.

by Thomas R. Eddlem...

Prior to ratification of the 16th (income tax) Amendment in February 1913, the federal government managed its few constitutional responsibilities without an income tax, except during the Civil War period. During peacetime, it did so largely — or even entirely — on import taxes called “tariffs.” Congress could afford to run the federal government on tariffs alone because federal responsibilities did not include welfare programs, agricultural subsidies, or social insurance programs like Social Security or Medicare. After the Civil War, tariff revenues sometimes suffered under a protectionist policy ushered in by the Republican Party that supplemented federal income via excises on alcohol, tobacco, and inheritances. But before the war, the need for tariff revenue to finance the federal government generally kept the tariff at reasonable levels. During wartime throughout early American history, the Founding Fathers were able to raise additional revenue employing a different method of direct taxation authorized by the U.S. Constitution prior to the 16th Amendment. These alternative taxing methods gave the young American nation embarrassing peacetime budget surpluses that several times came close to paying off the national debt.

Werbung:
Thomas Jefferson was a genius , but what he said is irrelevant today''

If we taxed the Rich 90% of their income, we wouldn't even put a dent in our debt. Maybe a scratch ..No matter what our politicians promise us, the hammer is always brought down on the middle class.

I don't think I was referring to ending the national debt. Where did you get that at?

As to Jefferson, I was referring more to these comments:

"But the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind."

"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise."

Then there is this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...ican-economic-history-told-in-1-graph/261503/

Obama's approval rating became meaningless in November of 2012.
His "legacy" is going in the dumpster because America stopped worrying about being mEan to the bkack guy. They were free to just say no to all his crap and they did.
On the bright side, Jimmuh Carter can die a step away from greatest failure of a prez.

You can rant all you want, and change the subject, but still Obama's approval rating is 57% which is 4 times higher than the 14% of the repub congress.

My Congressman Represents me and my State, a whole lot of Congressmen have a higher approval rating from the people they represent.. Now no one likes to see nothing get done, BUT most Like their Reps.
Of course people like their own reps. They always represent their state with pork, but they miserably fail when they squabble in a group in congress.

Of course people like their own reps. They always represent their state with pork, but they miserably fail when they squabble in a group in congress.
I think that's what i said.. He made a statement about how popular Obama is an how hated Congress is. I was making the point they are pretty popular with their own.. As far as squabbling, they are suppose to have different opinions..

You can rant all you want, and change the subject, but still Obama's approval rating is 57% which is 4 times higher than the 14% of the repub congress.
And if he were running for anything it would matter. Pointing out that his term in office will have produced nothing is hardly ranting.

I think that's what i said.. He made a statement about how popular Obama is an how hated Congress is. I was making the point they are pretty popular with their own.. As far as squabbling, they are suppose to have different opinions..
It's more than having different opinions. It's being partisan to the point that Congress is dysfunctional and unable to come up with a compromise that helps the nation more than the party.

It's more than having different opinions. It's being partisan to the point that Congress is dysfunctional and unable to come up with a compromise that helps the nation more than the party.
On things that matter, I want my Congressman to be hard headed to the point of not giving in.. But I agree sometimes you have to give a little to get a little..

I don't think I was referring to ending the national debt. Where did you get that at?

As to Jefferson, I was referring more to these comments:

"But the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind."

"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise."

Then there is this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...ican-economic-history-told-in-1-graph/261503/
And then there is this..http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29861648/...ll/t/how-tax-burden-has-changed/#.WEBNTLIrKUk I agree with most of this , But how far should we go to tax the creators of jobs?

And if he were running for anything it would matter. Pointing out that his term in office will have produced nothing is hardly ranting.
In your OP you said,
"As BO finds himself needing to turn his farewell foreign victory tour into a save face campaign"
All I'm saying is that he doesn't have to "save face." He has a majority approval. I was never arguing whether it mattered or not.

In your OP you said,
"As BO finds himself needing to turn his farewell foreign victory tour into a save face campaign"
All I'm saying is that he doesn't have to "save face." He has a majority approval. I was never arguing whether it mattered or not.
And all am saying is that approval rating are a meaningless metric for someone no longer in politics. Legacy is all that remains and his ain't looking good.

Werbung:
Back