Does human life begin at conception?

Well, some laws consider it double murder if a pregnant woman and her unborn baby are killed. Apparently, the baby only counts as another person, if the mother doesn't want to get rid of him or her.

There is also an issue of pre-birth child endangerment. How can a mother be charged for harming her baby if she's doing something.. say drinking while pregnant... if it isn't a baby or a person yet? (note that I am not condoning drinking while pregnant, but you can't have it both ways).

Werbung:
I think it's a bit of a grey area this one. While the law in some countries state it a legal to have an abortion up to a certain week, like the last poster says, people can also be done for a double murder, if they kill a woman who's pregnant.

Think the laws have to actually make their mind up, that then might make it a little more clearer for the rest of us.

Life begins at conception. I believe that at that time a person is created and a human life has started. From someone who watched her daughter finish her last 15 weeks of development outside of the womb, I have a very strong opinion about taking a child's life just because they are not born yet.

For me life begins when a heart beat is detected. Yes, there could also be an arqument that it starts with brain activity as well, which is also a good argment in itself. When it come to fertilization for me this is the promise of life but its not actually the beginning. Anything can happen during those first few month including rejection of the fetus in general. So, for me no life doesn't begin at fertilization the promise of life does.

Everyone knows life begins at conception. Our left extremist friends simply choose to ignore this fact to justify controlling certain populations in our society.

The ruling surprised me. Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.

-Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Everyone knows life begins at conception. Our left extremist friends simply choose to ignore this fact to justify controlling certain populations in our society.

The ruling surprised me. Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.

-Ruth Bader Ginsburg
"Certain populations" must mean "white, not Hispanic", as that is the slowest growing demographic.

Is it your position that a fetus is not human?

No, all fetus means is as of yet unborn mammal. At some point late in the pregnancy the fetus would be able to survive outside of the womb but doesn't yet have to.

I think life begins at conception but human life doesn't begin until you can live separate from the mother as an individual being.

Life at conception, human life, infant life ..... who gives a fetus when it really begins, women shall maintain the right to murder their unborn children. Am I right?

Life at conception, human life, infant life ..... who gives a fetus when it really begins, women shall maintain the right to murder their unborn children. Am I right?

You are right. All abortion does is focus people's attention on something that isn't going to change anyway in order to distract from other more important topics.

I think it's a bit of a grey area this one. While the law in some countries state it a legal to have an abortion up to a certain week, like the last poster says, people can also be done for a double murder, if they kill a woman who's pregnant.

Think the laws have to actually make their mind up, that then might make it a little more clearer for the rest of us.
Laws are made by people. People haven't made their minds up about the issue of abortion, nor do they show any indications that they will do so any time soon. Opinions range from "it's no different from killing a baby and so should be regarded as murder in all cases" to "abortion on demand is a woman's right at all stages. " Of course laws are inconsistent.

Laws are inconsistent, as you say, and that a reflection on how people think. But the abortion issue will rage on and on for a long time, forever probably, because it's an issue that a lot of people will have an opinion on.

So what happens to the law in the meantime? Is it just a case of dealing with each and every case individually? While that might seem like a good idea because no two cases will be the same, but...at the same time, the outcome of these cases will fluctuate massively depending on the views of the judge or jurors.

So what's the best way to tackle something like that? Any ideas, or is this a thread that will keep on running?

Werbung:
Laws are inconsistent, as you say, and that a reflection on how people think. But the abortion issue will rage on and on for a long time, forever probably, because it's an issue that a lot of people will have an opinion on.

So what happens to the law in the meantime? Is it just a case of dealing with each and every case individually? While that might seem like a good idea because no two cases will be the same, but...at the same time, the outcome of these cases will fluctuate massively depending on the views of the judge or jurors.

So what's the best way to tackle something like that? Any ideas, or is this a thread that will keep on running?
On how to make laws consistent and logical?
Wait for an intelligent species to evolve on planet Earth.

Back