Does human life begin at conception?

Werbung:
The DNA in a human egg or a human sperm is also "human" but we don't see you rallying to protect and preserve them. So the argument of DNA and the species it represents is unconvincing, unpersuasive, and frankly, irrelevant.

A pleuropotent cell with human DNA is a human being... When a cell is pleuropotent ( zygote) it's destiny is already set...it is a human being. It isn't "just a cell" it is a human being at its most immature stage. Any argument that we are not human beings from the time we come into being is doomed to fail so why make it?

Why not simply argue for the right to arbitrarily kill a human being for any reason including inconvenience?

Soon after the sperm penetrates the egg the male and female DNA unite to form the DNA for the new child. As soon as this unification is complete the child's characteristics are cemented in chemical stone in the newly formed DNA molecule. A geneticist could tell you the gender and hair color and probable height and many other characteristics that the baby will develop. This blueprint is in place within 1 hour of the sperm's penetration.
This DNA molecule begins to replicate at the speed of light and there are more than a thousand new molecules in 24 hours developing into teeth and hearts and fingers and hair.
After the male and female DNA unite the baby is very much alive.

or is it later? When? What are your opinions?

LIFE begins at conception. . .HUMAN LIFE doesn't!
At conception, the zygote only has the POTENTIAL of life as a human being.

In fact, until the child leaves the mother's womb, until he/she can survive (with assistance from machines or other human beings) by him/herself, he/she has as much human characteristics as those given to him/her by the world that surrounds it, especially the desire and the dreams of his parents (if he/she is a wanted child).

For parents who want a child, even prior to the conception that child already has a "life," though totally imaginary. I know my son had his name (and even his first pair of shoes) 6 months PRIOR to my discovering I really was pregnant!

Ahhhhh you old softee you... under that hard exterior keyboard lurks a soft hearted motherboard..:)

Well, motherhood is wonderful. . .when it is WANTED. But what's even better is GRAND motherhood!
And a social worker must be at once soft and compassionate, and hard and though!

The world of social work is not for sissis!

LIFE begins at conception. . .HUMAN LIFE doesn't!
At conception, the zygote only has the POTENTIAL of life as a human being.

"Potential"? Are you trying to say that until the life form becomes identical to that of a human it is the same as a toad?

The number of chromosomes for a member of the human species is 46. Every somatic (or, body) cell in a human being has this number of chromosomes. Thus your "zygote" can only be human, and it is living, and developing, not dead. Therefore, it is a human life, and part of the life cycle.

Of course, you could always kill it and then it would no longer be a human life.

"Potential"? Are you trying to say that until the life form becomes identical to that of a human it is the same as a toad?

The number of chromosomes for a member of the human species is 46. Every somatic (or, body) cell in a human being has this number of chromosomes. Thus your "zygote" can only be human, and it is living, and developing, not dead. Therefore, it is a human life, and part of the life cycle.

Of course, you could always kill it and then it would no longer be a human life.

I believe that what makes us human is not our # of chromosomes or the fact that we walk on two legs! It is our ability to love, to think, to feel compassion and . . .yes, even anger, to forgive, to create. All the elements that involve the brain activities that have allowed the human race to evolve from a mere bestial life form to what we have become.

And, it is not because I do not buy into a zygote being a "human being" that I want to kill this bourgeoning life, no more than I want to kill a monkey zygote, or a feline zygote.

However, I do believe that it would benefit EVERYONE if the "so called" pro-life people would give half as much energy in protecting the BORN than they do to protecting the UNBORN!

Who
Now your showing your desparation, and lack of integrity, which seems to be the natural trait of those who approve of killing babies. I used "life" as a reference to the human condition, not as part of a definition of "human being".

Obviously it is your lack of critical thinking, or even objectivity, that prevents you from admitting to, or even attempting to acknowledge your lack of ability to use the English language. Life, of all kinds, involves the ability to grow. Without this ability we have only death. Abortion deprives the babe in the womb of the ability to live, or to grow. That is "murder" if applied at any other stage in the babes life.

As to the DNA argument, it serves the purpose of identifying the life of the babe as separate from that of the mother. As such, the mother has no moral justification for killing that individual.

I understand how it is that people who were NOT aborted seem to feel they have some "right" to determine that others can be aborted. Sad, but understandable in this immoral culture we live in.

Could you please give us the names and the statistics of people who "approve of killing babies?" I personally haven't met ONE person in my (rather long) life. Except, of course, for those who do support WAR, and who do not feel a bit responsible for children who do not get the necessary healthcare, food, and care they need to GROW!

Once again. . .people who are PRO-CHOICE do not "approve of killing babies! Many pro-choice people would not even select to have an abortion themselves, but do not believe that it is their role, or a judge or government role, to impose on WOMEN the obligation of carrying a "stranger" into their body for 9 months.

I am fiercely pro-choice. I am also NOT pro-abortion. I have said many times that one of my greatest blessing (after the gift of my children) was that I was never faced with the horrible decision to abort or not! But just as I can't tell what I would have done, in specific circumstances, if I had been faced with that decision, I do NOT believe it is MY right, or YOUR right, or any JUDGE's right, or any government's right to make that decision for any woman! ONLY GOD can help a woman make that decision, and NO ONE, not even religious leaders can usurp that right!

Why would you believe that God CHOOSES to allow the miscarriage of so many fetus who are so deeply wanted, but doesn't CHOOSE to allow the termination of fetes who are not wanted? What happen to our God's given free will?

Yeah, crying in your beer, or smoking another joint. Like most of your kind, you lack the ability to rationally think a topic for, and thus must rely on more ********* like Roe v Wade to support your lack of values. Roe relied on the belief that life did not begin at conception, and it clearly stated that if it were ever shown that life did begin at conception then Roe would be moot. Just one reason why those who do not want to take care of what they have created support abortion.

The next fantasy of Roe, which was based on Griswold v Conn., is the idea of a woman's "privacy" to do with her body as she pleases. Actually, it was an expansion of Griswold in that even Griswold limited the right to privacy to the woman's home.

Anyway, you are hanging all of your hopes on a fantasy created by a Court that answers not to the people, just to itself.

And YOU seem to be hanging all of your hopes on a fantasy that ANOTHER Court that answers not to the people, just to itself will eventually prevail!

See how silly that argument is?
By the way, such a (so called) "pro-life" Court would be further from the will of the people than the Court who decided on Roe v. Wade!

After all, pro-choice is statistically more common than the so called (and very fake!) "pro-life!"

"Data collected by several pollsters over many years show Americans want to keep abortion legal. Only small proportions, however, want abortion to be either legal in all circumstances or illegal in all. In response to Gallup’s most recent question from 2016, 29 percent said abortion should be legal under all circumstances and 19 percent, at the other pole, illegal in all. Quinnipiac University’s January 2017 question, which is worded differently, finds 28 percent of registered voters say abortion should always be legal and 11 percent always illegal."

Forbes.com

Personally, I believe that ONLY people who are not only against abortions, but ALSO against the death penalty, against wars, and FOR universal healthcare and responsible societies should be allowed to call themselves "pro-life!"

Well, motherhood is wonderful. . .when it is WANTED.

Since the odds are in favor of one getting pregnant if they have sex, then perhaps you should argue that one should not have sex until they are ready for parenthood. Only an ignorant ass would have sex if they were not ready for such.

Since the odds are in favor of one getting pregnant if they have sex, then perhaps you should argue that one should not have sex until they are ready for parenthood. Only an ignorant ass would have sex if they were not ready for such.

Or simply, they should be educated enough about contraception AND have easy access to contraception. We all know (and it has been proven for thousands of years) that "abstinence" doesn't work! But birth control does!

If you want to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies that end in either abortions or single motherhood when the mother is not ready. . . you should be a big fan of contraception, as I am!
US abortion rate is lowest since Roe v Wade – but contraception ...
https://www.theguardian.com/.../us-abortion-rate-lowest-roe-wade-contraception-acce..

By the way, I am glad you are a true "pro-life." So am I, although I am also pro-choice, as I explained earlier.

Or simply, they should be educated enough about contraception AND have easy access to contraception. We all know (and it has been proven for thousands of years) that "abstinence" doesn't work! But birth control does!

If you want to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies that end in either abortions or single motherhood when the mother is not ready. . . you should be a big fan of contraception, as I am!

By the way, I am glad you are a true "pro-life." So am I, although I am also pro-choice, as I explained earlier.

Tell me a form of contraception, save for sterilization, that is 100% effective?

You can't be "pro life" since you do not allow the babe to have a choice, and wish to make a slave out of the babe that is created, and try to excuse that by saying he/she is not human.

Werbung:
Tell me a form of contraception, save for sterilization, that is 100% effective?

You can't be "pro life" since you do not allow the babe to have a choice, and wish to make a slave out of the babe that is created, and try to excuse that by saying he/she is not human.

100%? None, except for vasectomy or tube tying when done properly. . .otherwise they are only 98.5 effective! 95+%. . .several!

RELATIVE EFFECTIVENESS OF BIRTH CONTROL METHODS ...
https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/birth-control.../birth-control.../effectivenes

By the way. . .you believe what you wish about me. . . . but I KNOW in my heart that I am at least as "pro-life" as God! Obviously, the biggest loss of "life" among the unborn is due to GOD's will. . .through miscarriages.

What tells you that contraception and even abortions are not part of God's plan?

Back