Do you believe in aliens?

Werbung:
Meteors, natural phenomenon. Remember, these same people believed in Mermaids and Witches and all other kinds of things that went bump in the night.

Its modern science that gave actual meaning to natural occurring phenomenon.

The problem here is that you are going into the question already knowing the answer you are going to propose. If it happened before people invented airplanes, it must be human stupidity. If it happened after, it must be experimental secret aircraft. If you aren't going to keep an open mind about what they may be seeing, there is no way to debate what is happening. Your explanations don't really explain the Christopher Columbus sighting. In 1492 people had a very good understanding of meteors, and the way he describes it, it was certainly no meteor. He reported a light that moved up and down, changed directions, disappeared and reappeared numerous times over the course of the night. As for Alexander, there were reports of 2 silver craft that dove at his armies until the war elephants panicked and refused to cross the river this happened at. They were described as "great shining silvery shields, spitting fire around the rims... things that came from the skies and returned to the skies." Doesn't really sound like natural phenomenon to me.

The problem here is that you are going into the question already knowing the answer you are going to propose. If it happened before people invented airplanes, it must be human stupidity. If it happened after, it must be experimental secret aircraft. If you aren't going to keep an open mind about what they may be seeing, there is no way to debate what is happening. Your explanations don't really explain the Christopher Columbus sighting. In 1492 people had a very good understanding of meteors, and the way he describes it, it was certainly no meteor. He reported a light that moved up and down, changed directions, disappeared and reappeared numerous times over the course of the night. As for Alexander, there were reports of 2 silver craft that dove at his armies until the war elephants panicked and refused to cross the river this happened at. They were described as "great shining silvery shields, spitting fire around the rims... things that came from the skies and returned to the skies." Doesn't really sound like natural phenomenon to me.

The problem with UFO weirdos is exactly the same problem with Religious IDiots, we can't explain it, therefore [insert asinine idea] is the reason.

The problem with UFO weirdos is exactly the same problem with Religious IDiots, we can't explain it, therefore [insert asinine idea] is the reason.

Oh I'm open to other explanations if you actually want to give a believable explanation. The problem is that there have not been any valid explanations for the vast majority of these sightings. When you get millions of reports claiming that there are crafts coming in from outerspace, including video of UFOs from NASAs own cameras mounted on our craft, its hard to say that these things arent coming from outer space. Couple this evidence with the abduction phenomenon and tons of physical evidence collected through the years, and youve got a pretty solid case that we've got something extraterrestrial here.

Oh I'm open to other explanations if you actually want to give a believable explanation. The problem is that there have not been any valid explanations for the vast majority of these sightings. When you get millions of reports claiming that there are crafts coming in from outerspace, including video of UFOs from NASAs own cameras mounted on our craft, its hard to say that these things arent coming from outer space. Couple this evidence with the abduction phenomenon and tons of physical evidence collected through the years, and youve got a pretty solid case that we've got something extraterrestrial here.

The account with Alexander, actually fits in well with the Hindu version of creation. Its all rather long, but interesting. Since it was INdian historians that we get this account from, im not too surprised that something like this would be in their.

I remember reading a while back about a place in India, that had the remains of a city, and was actually radioactive. Supposedly, the history of the place sais there was an atomic bomb dropped their like 8000 years ago..

hah..found it..
http://www.rense.com/general3/8000.htm

Assuming thats true...what would you make of it?

The account with Alexander, actually fits in well with the Hindu version of creation. Its all rather long, but interesting. Since it was INdian historians that we get this account from, im not too surprised that something like this would be in their.

I remember reading a while back about a place in India, that had the remains of a city, and was actually radioactive. Supposedly, the history of the place sais there was an atomic bomb dropped their like 8000 years ago..

hah..found it..
http://www.rense.com/general3/8000.htm

Assuming thats true...what would you make of it?

Not quite sure. What exactly are you suggesting happened here?

I haven't really made up my mind if there are or are not aliens that visit this planet. I could easily seeing being a real possibility, and easily see it as being absurd. I do wonder why there are so many seemingly reputable pilots, air traffic controllers, etc. that have come out and given their statement that they have seen things and were told to be quiet about it. There is this thing called the disclosure project, you can check the videos out on Youtube, where many Airforce officers, nasa employees, and the like are petitioning the government to release the information they have on extraterrestrials that they "know" they are keeping secret. I give it about as much thought as videos claiming that 9/11 was an inside job, but they are definately more interesting. They even claim that we have communicated with them and that "they" are worried about our use of nuclear weapons. They fear that we will either destroy ourselves, or use them on the aliens. Who the hell knows?

I haven't read the entire thread, but I don't always let that stop me.:)

I think it's arrogant to assume we're the most highly evolved creatures in the Universe. And scary, too. If it took 5 billion years of evolution (or 5000 years of Creation or whatever) to produce Windows Vista and the DMV then I'm just pissed.

OHHHHHH

hold the phone!!!!!!!

wait a second....here it is

I said that there is a possiblity that we are not the ONLY intelligent life in the solar system........!!!

OMG

a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!

Werbung:
Yes i do belive in aliens. But there is another world just like earth its about 10 solar systems from us. If we are smart enough to build the technology creating computers and the internet were smart enough to build a starship like the USS Enterprise.

Back