Do you accept that the mixed-gender dorm issue is to be permitted in your school?

sam001

Code:
Do you accept that the mixed-gender dorm issue is to be permitted in your school?

Latest college trend: Mixed-gender dorm rooms

It was only a matter of time: Males and females are sharing dorm rooms at about 50 colleges and universities around the country.
This story in the Los Angeles Times says that the practice, called gender-neutral housing, is gaining acceptance as the latest step in the evolution of dormitory living.

Single-sex dorms gave way to coed residence halls in the 1970s, though at that time the genders had their own floors. Coed hallways and bathrooms came next, and now, this.

What do you think? What is the policy at your school, or your child’s school?

http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/showthread.php?t=14477

Werbung:
Dang! Kids shacking up in dorms? I remember when my mother would not let me hang out with girls who wore red lipstick!

It seems that for the most part, the concept that co-ed dorms equals or leads to sexual promiscuity is a given, but that is not logical. Single sex dorms are notorious for sneaking in a girl friend/boy friend and having sex now (not to mention frat houses). Segregated dorms may give the illusion of less collegiate sex, but in fact, there is not indication that it has any effect upon sexual behavior at all. Those who do, do. Those who don't, don't. Get over it. The genie is out of the bottle since the sexual revolution.

Werbung:
Some people have morals, most don't. Those who don't are now in charge. That will last until the country collapses, which won't take long. Any casual student of history knows the cycles civilizations go though, almost all of which end in a state of decadent decline. That's where we are today. Those capable of forging lasting relationships and strong families will always persevere no matter what the world is doing, so I don't care.

My kids understand the difference between sex and love, the former a pathetic substitute for the latter.

Back