Do Christians only serve due to blessing and/or fear?

I have heard more times than I can count, when some Christains are asked why they believe, (and not allowed to get away with repeating the same lines people have been using forever), some people will respond with "just in case". And based on my own experiences, you're taught that you aren't allowed to doubt God, or question him. You aren't allowed to figure things out for yourself. So, out of fear of making God angry, some people will believe without question. I think @Jason76 is correct. Not all, but quite a few people believe out of fear and/or doubt. But I also know that if anyone admits that the theory is even partially correct, it counts as doubt or fear.

Werbung:
That makes no sense to me at all. I'm pretty sure every Christian still has doubts and fears. I think they're lying if they say they don't. We are just human after all. I don't understand why Christians are held to super-perfect standards. We're just people. We make mistakes, we have doubts, we have fears, just like everyone else.

I don't know where you were taught that stuff, LilAnn, but that is not my experience. At all.

That makes no sense to me at all. I'm pretty sure every Christian still has doubts and fears. I think they're lying if they say they don't. We are just human after all. I don't understand why Christians are held to super-perfect standards. We're just people. We make mistakes, we have doubts, we have fears, just like everyone else.

I don't know where you were taught that stuff, LilAnn, but that is not my experience. At all.
From my church of Christ minister/father. And stories from my mom about exorcisms... If you have any doubt in your heart at all the demon will get inside of you, next.

I have heard more times than I can count, when some Christains are asked why they believe, (and not allowed to get away with repeating the same lines people have been using forever), some people will respond with "just in case". And based on my own experiences, you're taught that you aren't allowed to doubt God, or question him. You aren't allowed to figure things out for yourself. So, out of fear of making God angry, some people will believe without question. I think @Jason76 is correct. Not all, but quite a few people believe out of fear and/or doubt. But I also know that if anyone admits that the theory is even partially correct, it counts as doubt or fear.

When caught too young, I agree with you.

Otherwise, if the believer is half way honest, he will tell you that it is peer pressure, tradition and culture that makes him such a sheep-like follower.

It is not un-naturel but it does show a lack of education and self-knowledge.

We should not only be educating our children better, we should be educating adults better.

Regards
DL

If I may.

I agree that fear is likely a small factor and I say this due to the 60 odd % of Christians who divorce going directly against what Jesus taught as well as the huge number of Christians who abort against the laws of God.

In the U.S. in particular, the % of the Christian population in jail is the highest in the free world as well as most of the non-free world.

I don't know how many Christians that leaves to be believers out of fear but it cannot be that many in terms of %.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
From my church of Christ minister/father. And stories from my mom about exorcisms... If you have any doubt in your heart at all the demon will get inside of you, next.

Well, I'm sorry for them then. I would never make it under the weight of such demands. What a stressful life people must lead if they believe that God expects them to be perfect, completely without doubts, fears, etc. I'm glad that the God I believe in is one of mercy and grace and love. He knows we're only human and doesn't expect more of us than we can reasonably bear.

Back