Deleting Members

9sublime

Hey,

I've joined a few forums and I like this one because its a nice size. It's not so big you get bombarded with 200 posts since you last checked for respones, and you can get to know everyone.

But the memberlist is pretty useless at the moment because so many people register on forums then never post. I wouldn't mind knowing how many active users we have.

Can't you do something like everyone who registers and doesn't post within a week gets deleted?

Just an idea.

Jack.

Werbung:
Good idea, we'll look into this... and see what we can do.....

The one problem with deleting members with zero posts is that there might be some who just browses the forum and never posts anything (you need to register to view all the forums)... however, this is probably not a problem since I never see any members with zero posts that are "regulars".

How long has the forum been going for? Because most regular posters seem to have registered very recently.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like we will be deleting any of the members any time soon since we are so new. However, you could get the information you want by doing a search for members with post greater than one/two/ten/etc:
https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search

Also, at the bottom of the forum you can see the number of "active members" (around 100 at the time).

Once we do get larger we will definitely delete unused user names with zero post count.

Why don't you do a 60 day purge on inactive accounts (ie no logins) Throw that up in the TOS we all click through when we make our account so people know. you could also add a holiday punch if someone is expecting to be gone longer than 60 days and wants to insure their account. That shouldn't take much code. I mean 2 months a good amount of time to be considered inactive and getting purged. Though 90 days seems more standard. Either way a purge after a decent amount of arbitrary time is always a good idea ;)

Well I think 9sublime can get the info he is looking for from my other post.... I do agree that we should clean up the code.. however I do not have admin access and in my opinion members (with no posts) should just be deleted after 6 months ... not sure about inactive members though...

205 out of 431 members have posted a message, and about 100 have posted less than 5. Any news on this situation?

Out of curiosity? why does this Bother you so?
you seem to revisit this from time to time. does it really matter how many actually post or not? And how many of those folks arent allowed to post?

There was nothing else I fancied posting on, so I thought I would bring this up. I don't know why it bothers me really! I'd just like to see how many members we really have regularly posting. No need to get all arsey about it.

oh no i wasnt trying to be arsey? i was just curious as i read the whole thread. i didnt realize you all were this new of a website... thanks

Werbung:
Back