Death of a Brother

Aus22

Last night my twin brother died after a long illness with Parkinson disease. It is hard to describe how I feel. Being a twin we were born on the same day and grew up together. But when he got married we drifter apart, I still visit him monthly and had limited contact with his wife and children.

However I remember him more as a companion when we were young. He was outgoing and guided me throughout life. He took me on many adventures so I would not be alone, in Scouts and sport. He was a great sportsman,playing field hockey and rowing in a lightweight crew. He was first to drive, dance and get married and unlike me had four children

He remain a Catholic all his life. However his wife and children did not practce How can I explain to them , he is in a better place. His earthly lost hurts but I know he is now likely to have a happier life. He is no longer old like me, but the young sportsman of his youth.

Should I be happy or sad. Perhaps a bit of both. I have lost one contact with him we shared on our life on earth But I hope I will renew this contact in heaven.

Werbung:
God be with youand your family and please accept the grace to absorb this event.

Very sorry for your loss aussie. Ive lost parents, cousins and one sibling. Its all hard as I was not perpared to be without them.

Lucky for me I still feel their presense. Cant articulate how but I know they are with me still somehow and I trust we will be reunited one day. Hopefully I can do the same for those I leave behind as I received.

Your brother is in a better place, andyou too will be reunited by and by.

Sorry about your loss Aus . Losing family is rough. Dog is right, even though they are gone, they will always be with you.

Sorry for your loss and your post was a nice tribute to your brother.

I lost an older brother to suicide when he was only 27 and younger sister to breast cancer when she was only 36. Both, like your brother, are in a much better place.

Thanks for all your support. I do believe Kevin will always with me. Many of the thinks I do is because he did them or told me to do them. I can not only pray for him in my religion but pray to him. He will continue to guide me.

Werbung:
Back