Cuomo: Pro-Lifers 'Have No Place' in New York

steveox

Conservative Republicans have no place in New York with their right-wing views because "that's not what New Yorkers are," Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo says.

"Right-to-life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay — if that's who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that's not who New Yorkers are," he continued.

Cuomo said his words don't extend to moderate Republicans, such as those in the state Senate, who he believes "have a place in their state."

Further, Cuomo complained that Republicans with "extreme" views create an identity crisis for their own party, and give people more to worry about than himself or other Democrats.

"Their problem isn't me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves," said Cuomo.

Further, he said conservative Republicans' views are out of step with most New Yorkers' and said the GOP needs to back moderates to win seats this fall.

"You have a schism within the Republican Party,” Cuomo said. "They’re searching to define their soul. That’s what’s going on . . . It’s a mirror of what’s going on in Washington."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/andrew-cuomo-new-york-conservative-place/2014/01/18/id/547828

Yeah he said it.. "Right-to-life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay marriage" Cumo signed Gay Marriage into law..Toughest gun control laws and signed pro abortion laws, And you wonder why GOD Sent Hurricane Sandy to NY

Werbung:
He sounds like a great guy

Oh and steveox - hurricanes are a physical phenomenon resulting from predictable meteorological conditions

They aren't produced by magic

Sorry to burst your bubble

Oh and if the kind of people he is referring to think like you they should really be in a home for the mentally ill

Then how come Russia doesn't have Earthquakes, Volcanic eruptions,Tornadoes,Floods and droughts? Cause Putin obeys the Bible. He also follows the word of GOD!

You really can't take this kind of political rhetoric seriously .... obviously, Cuomo can't put together a coherent position. He's trying to appeal to the radical left, and doesn't even realize the impact of his words.

I am curious, though, what would happen to New York if all those "extreme" conservatives actually did leave New York.

Oh wait ... why doesn't he just call the mayor of Detroit ... he can tell him what will happen !!

Steveox - you seem to be massively ignorant of meteorology and plate tectonics

You seem to think that in their place magic causes earthquakes and floods etc

And whether or not all the loony right leave NYC he is right to distance his city from their deep south right wing religious fundamentalist vicious moronic rhetoric

And GBFan, you seem massively ignorant of the immense differences between Detroit and NYC

But I realise right wing fundamentalists don't let facts get in the way of a good old belief in baloney

That is why they follow the bible

Or claim to be pro life whilst advocating bombing, capital punishment, poor healthcare and gun ownership

Steveox - you seem to be massively ignorant of meteorology and plate tectonics

You seem to think that in their place magic causes earthquakes and floods etc

And whether or not all the loony right leave NYC he is right to distance his city from their deep south right wing religious fundamentalist vicious moronic rhetoric

And GBFan, you seem massively ignorant of the immense differences between Detroit and NYC

But I realise right wing fundamentalists don't let facts get in the way of a good old belief in baloney

That is why they follow the bible

Or claim to be pro life whilst advocating bombing, capital punishment, poor healthcare and gun ownership

Then, oh great one, enlighten us on exactly what the differences are between Detroit and NYC. But, before you do, look at the history of Detroit, and recognize that NYC is going down the same path. I'll even give you a head start ... look that the unemployment figures in Detroit in the early 90s, compared to NYC today. Look at the percentage of people on welfare in Detroit in the mid-90s, compared to NYC today. Look at the graduation rates in Detroit in the late 80s, compared to NYC today. Look at the tax rates in Detroit in the late 90s, compared to NYC today. Oh yeah ... look at the nanny government actions of Democratic regimes in Detroit from 1990, and compare that to NYC today. Just like Detroit, NYC is rotting from within. Good hunting ... think of it as your coming-of-age class.

Now, I wonder why you feel it necessary to avoid facts ... and mount personal attacks. Since you have no idea my position on bombing, capital punishment, healthcare, or gun ownerships, I would suggest that you are singularly unqualified to comment on what I believe and don't believe.

But, then, I well recognize that, when failing factual support, leftists like to ratchet up the rhetoric, in hopes that people will overreact to their diatribe, ignore their lack of knowledge, and be diverted from the actual discussion. I can assure you that I won't.

Have a nice day.

The Rich are leaving NY is because the Governor signed a millionaire tax. Just like Maryland governor OMalley did. And Baltimore is beginning to look like Detroit in some areas.

The Rich are leaving NY is because the Governor signed a millionaire tax. Just like Maryland governor OMalley did. And Baltimore is beginning to look like Detroit in some areas.

Thank you ... it's going to happen more and more.

That's the trick of the Democrats. That's their plan to keep them going for years. They tax you more. My parents are not wealthy that's the reason why they moved to Florida. Its because Maryland is a dirty liberal state. Kinda like Masseschutes. They tax you all kinds of ways. Even Democrats lie there. Liker William Donald Shaffer pledges"" Not a single penny of your tax dollars going towards these new stadiums. Marylanders are being taxed to death because of this

hqdefault.jpg

NYC is a huge vibrant city that is one of the financial capitals of he world

The rich always threaten to leave when tax is increased but it is a bluff because people want to live where there is great entertainment, restaurants, highly paid jobs etc

Detroit is nothing like this and is dependent on the manufacture of shitty US cars

It got fucked by the bush administration and the bankers who incidentally live largely in and around NYC

GBFan I'm very surprised you are unaware of these massive differences between these cities

It is very obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence

Go Cuomo, help the last of the dinosaurs join their brethren

NYC is a huge vibrant city that is one of the financial capitals of he world

The rich always threaten to leave when tax is increased but it is a bluff because people want to live where there is great entertainment, restaurants, highly paid jobs etc

Detroit is nothing like this and is dependent on the manufacture of shitty US cars

It got fucked by the bush administration and the bankers who incidentally live largely in and around NYC

GBFan I'm very surprised you are unaware of these massive differences between these cities

It is very obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence

Go Cuomo, help the last of the dinosaurs join their brethren
Reality really DOES escape you, doesn't it?

Clearly, you haven't spent much time in New York. Since I used to live there, I suspect I'm probably more qualified to talk about it than you are.

But, I will admit that your willingness to say stupid things is far outweighed by your lack of historical perspective.

So not one single response to my point

Usual tactic, you can't argue back, you aren't big enough to admit you are wrong so get sanctimonious

What really makes me laugh about the kind of right wing crap spouted on this thread is this

If the rich threaten to withdraw their labour to maintain their income when tax rises are mooted you guys think that fine and dandy

But if the poor do it in the form of a strike you think it is awful lefty behaviour

This is because you have been totally suckered by the rich

Oh and GB Fan, I heard the average IQ in NYC rose when you left

So not one single response to my point

Usual tactic, you can't argue back, you aren't big enough to admit you are wrong so get sanctimonious

What really makes me laugh about the kind of right wing crap spouted on this thread is this

If the rich threaten to withdraw their labour to maintain their income when tax rises are mooted you guys think that fine and dandy

But if the poor do it in the form of a strike you think it is awful lefty behaviour

This is because you have been totally suckered by the rich

Oh and GB Fan, I heard the average IQ in NYC rose when you left

I will cite the real reason for not responding ... you're not willing to listen, so I'm not willing to shout.

The nonsense you spout is not even remotely based in fact ... where I come from, we call your kind 'bomb throwers'.

But you suggested that NYC will suffer a similar fate to Detroit

I challenged this pointing out the huge dissimilarity between the two cities and thus the fallacy in your argument and all you can respond with is that you once lived in NYC

You are both wrong and hypocritical to accuse me of not debating the subject

Is that why you take such a pompous stance in your posts?

To try to cover up their lack of rigour?

The rich will not desert NYC

They are full of shit with their hollow threats

Worse still are the idiots on this board who are poor but support the rich who, in general, hate them

Werbung:
But you suggested that NYC will suffer a similar fate to Detroit

I challenged this pointing out the huge dissimilarity between the two cities and thus the fallacy in your argument and all you can respond with is that you once lived in NYC

You are both wrong and hypocritical to accuse me of not debating the subject

Is that why you take such a pompous stance in your posts?

To try to cover up their lack of rigour?

The rich will not desert NYC

They are full of shit with their hollow threats

Worse still are the idiots on this board who are poor but support the rich who, in general, hate them

No, I didn't SUGGEST that NYC will suffer a similar fate to Detroit ... I guaranteed it. Then, I pointed out a number of parallels that, when coupled with the subservience to the government employees unions (take a a look at NYC's unfunded city government pension liabilities), and its consistent liberal leanings, and you will find it very closely resembles Detroit in the 90s.

Just because you are too lazy to actually look up the cited facts does not mean that I didn't debate the issue ... it only means you were too lazy, or not intellectually honest enough, to consider that there just might be something for you to learn from them.

As for your 'the rich will not desert NYC' mantra, hold your breath ... they said the same thing about Detroit, Chicago, and other large cities ... now, go back and compare average household income between 1980 and today.

As for the personal attacks ... you really do sound quite childish.

Back