Cults

OK great, I would like to read it.

My first thought on how anyone can be saved and be a God of your own planet even if you dont figure it out in this life is ... why would anyone bother to in this life if you could wait till later?

Because of the belief that you aren't going to change just because you've passed away. The same spirit, the same attitudes, the same strengths and weaknesses you have in this life will follow you into the next. The harder you try in this life to become more Christ like, the further you will have progressed when you start the next.

Werbung:
and yet the Mormons consider the Baptists, Catholics, Presbyterians, Hindus, Muslims, agnostics, and everyone else brothers. They believe that all mankind are children of god, and therefore brothers and sisters of everyone else.

Further, they do not believe that those who have different beliefs from themselves will be condemned by god for their lack of belief.

What do the Baptists believe about non Christians?

Then that means the Mormons believe in a God who is unjust in that the wicked and the saintly will equally commune with a God who is not holy because He will commune with the wicked. However, a quick search of the net shows me that they believe that there is a salvation from sin that is received through a covenant relationship with Christ based on obedience. So what happens to those who are not obedient if they are not condemned (means sentenced to punishment)? And why would disobedient sinners not receive any punishment? I suspect they would say that disobedient continue to try to be obedient until some day in the distant future they have perfected their behavior.

The Babtists believe in a God who is just in that the wicked deserve punishment. A God who is holy in that he cannot partake in wickedness. A God who while being just and holy has also provided a means for all to receive salvation (faith) which logically atones for the original sin (lack of faith)

They do believe that we have to accept Christ at some point, but that acceptance can take place after this life. Everyone can become gods, even those who are atheists in this life and those who never heard of Christ.

It should be pretty easy to accept Christ in the next life, if we can see him for ourselves, don't you think?

Meanwhile, the Baptists believe that you have to accept Christ in this life, or you're toast.

That's pretty tough for those who lived in Communist China back before the end of Mao.

Well, you may think it would be tough. But the bible says that all have been given several means to accept God; the Holy spirit speaks to all, the law is written on the hearts of all, nature speaks to all, scripture can be read by many, and the message is passed along verbally to many others. All are without excuse [to not believe].

Additionally, everyone is judged fairly. The Christian who grew up in a Bible teaching church is held to a different standard than the savage who lived and died on an isolated pacific island in the year 2 AD.

Then that means the Mormons believe in a God who is unjust in that the wicked and the saintly will equally commune with a God who is not holy because He will commune with the wicked.
only if you think the Baptists, Hindus, et. al. are wicked.

However, a quick search of the net shows me that they believe that there is a salvation from sin that is received through a covenant relationship with Christ based on obedience. So what happens to those who are not obedient if they are not condemned (means sentenced to punishment)?

yes, they believe that. They also believe that there is salvation in the next life.

If Charles Manson were to confess and accept Christ, would he go to Heaven? Is Mahatma Ghandi condemned for not being a Christian? Mormons say no. What do the Baptists say?

And why would disobedient sinners not receive any punishment? I suspect they would say that disobedient continue to try to be obedient until some day in the distant future they have perfected their behavior

They will have to accept Christ, but it doesn't have to be while on Earth.

The Babtists believe in a God who is just in that the wicked deserve punishment. A God who is holy in that he cannot partake in wickedness. A God who while being just and holy has also provided a means for all to receive salvation (faith) which logically atones for the original sin (lack of faith)

Then, is Mahatma Ghandi in Heaven?

My first thought on how anyone can be saved and be a God of your own planet even if you dont figure it out in this life is ... why would anyone bother to in this life if you could wait till later?

Why become a Christian early in life rather than later? It brings glory to God when we receive Christ sooner rather than later. We have more time to live a Christlike life too.

I would assume that the Mormon's likewise would see benefit to an early salvation.

Werbung:
only if you think the Baptists, Hindus, et. al. are wicked.

Isn't it apparent that all of us have done wrong?

yes, they believe that. They also believe that there is salvation in the next life.

At first I thought you were saying they did not have a salvation. If they do then it makes sense.
If Charles Manson were to confess and accept Christ, would he go to Heaven? Is Mahatma Ghandi condemned for not being a Christian? Mormons say no. What do the Baptists say?

I would hope the Babtists would say that any of those people would receive salvation if they have faith. It would seem that the mormons would say yes based on works either in this life or the next.

Then, is Mahatma Ghandi in Heaven?

I don't know what he believed in his heart.

Back