Columnist Robert Novak dies at 78

BigRob

Novak died at home, over a year after doctors diagnosed him with a malignant brain tumor in August 2008.

He was a veteran columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and a regular commentator for CNN for 25 years, beginning when the network launched in 1980.

For most of that time, he was a co-host of the political debate program "Crossfire." But he also hosted a show with his longtime column co-author, Rowland Evans, and appeared as a panelist on shows like "The Capital Gang" and on PBS' "The McLaughlin Group."

We probably all remember his role in the Valerie Plame incident, but his reporting always seemed to be pretty good.

Werbung:

We probably all remember his role in the Valerie Plame incident, but his reporting always seemed to be pretty good.

Yes, he was old school. He was one of those at times accused of being Liberal, at times Conservative. But I just always enjoyed his quick wit and keen insight. He had a way of seeing past distractions, to the kernel of issues. Another one to miss...!

Werbung:
I can remember when I was a flaming lib who watched CNN faithfully and hated this man. I used to think he was so dang mean spirited.

I am going to miss him now that I have grown up and understand what he was talking about.

Back