Christmas in the city.

Aus22

Christmas in a city is about shopping or Father Christmas. Rarely do we see carol singing or a nativity scene. What do we celebrate at Christmas.?

Attachments

• Nativity scene.JPG
    Nativity scene.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 3
Werbung:
All depends on who "we" are.
Companies are afraid to recognize Christmas for fear of offending someone.
Government is ignorant of the establishment clause.
The rest of us keep it among ourselves which is closer to what it ought to be to begin with.

P1030962.JPG Dogtower , I guess you are right. Christians should keep to ourselves so we will not offend. But why does it offend others. You can just walk past.

Attachments

• carols.JPG
    carols.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
  • carols.JPG
    carols.JPG
  • carols.JPG
    carols.JPG
Christmas in a city is about shopping or Father Christmas. Rarely do we see carol singing or a nativity scene. What do we celebrate at Christmas.?
Christmas time is a season of joy, giving, peace, and goodwill. But it doesn’t always feel that way, does it?

You know you should be happy around Christmas, but some years, you end up feeling a little letdown. Don’t worry—you’re in good company. Charlie Brown has been there and done that, since 1965. If you watch any animated Christmas special this year, make it A Charlie Brown Christmas. It’s had a 50-year run for a reason: it’s true to life, and has an awesome, unexpected moment of grace.

Charlie Brown ask…“Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?!” His trusty sidekick Linus responds, quoting Luke 2:8–14 (KJV):

Sure Charlie Brown. I can tell you what Christmas is all about (lights please):

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, Good will toward men.

It’s OK to admit it. Just like Charlie, we’re all kind of blockheads of one sort or another. But from time to time, a pal like Linus comes along and surprises us with grace. Not only that, but at the end of the show, he props up that scrawny Christmas tree and says, “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”

Linus preached good news, and bestowed goodness on that scrawny tree. In the process, he encouraged Charlie Brown.

“And that’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”

P1030997.JPG Thanks Grumpy. I think I been a little grumpy lately. Why I like the religious aspects of Christmas, I admit that other aspects can bring joy. Buying for someone else or even children visiting Father Christmas do reflect some of the joy of Christmas. It may be all many people know of the real Christmas. I was surprised to see parents explain the nativity scene to their children. This may be the only time they encounter St Joseph or the wise men> I still have a Christmas tree in the house with Father Christmas besides my nativity scene.

Werbung:
Back