China assured of finishing ahead of US in Gold Medals

Popeye

It's now official China will win the gold medal count. I take no particular joy in this but it doesn't hurt for America to eat a little humble pie once in awhile.

Host China will finish as the top gold-medal winner for the first time in Olympic history, becoming the only nation other than the U.S. and Soviet Union to win the most titles at a Summer Games since 1948.

With a lead over the U.S. of 49 golds to 34 and only 12 events left, the Chinese team can't be caught.
Gold medals in canoeing and table tennis lifted China to the top of the tally today, the second-to-last day of the Beijing Games.

``It's an honor for China to top the gold medal tally,'' said Huo Liang,who contributed one of seven diving golds by winning the men's synchronized 10-meter platform event with partner Lin Yue.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aDF2U75hbl8M&refer=us

Werbung:
It's now official China will win the gold medal count. I take no particular joy in this but it doesn't hurt for America to eat a little humble pie once in awhile.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aDF2U75hbl8M&refer=us

The chinese practically grow athletes in petrie dishes. :D They take infants from their parents and send them to gymnastics and diving factories. NBC had a "human interest story" about how their top girl gymnast at one point considered escaping to get back to her parents. Then, when they're about ten years old, they give them a fake passport and put them in the olympics. There's NOTHING about this kind of dictatorship-sports that requires the US to be humble.

Add to that, the big chinese influence (and now GIANT influence) of the chinese on the IOC to get junk "sport" chinese pastimes as olympic events, and it's clear where the medal count came from.

And finally, I ask you again - where are you from? You are definitely not an american.

Back