Capital Punishment

im talking about a society where there are no set morals and everyone does what say see fit. a world where there are no solid beliefs of right and wrong anymore.

Werbung:
perhaps. maybe not lawless but more like a society where moral standards are so small you might as well not have laws. of course legalizing gay marrige wont cuase that by itself but it is simply a step.

I'm in a similar situation in regards to capital punishment. I did a lot of research on it in high school and it is highly practical in every sense - costs less than imprisonment, doesn't take up the space a prisoner does, prevents that criminal from escaping or even parolling and committing more crimes (a statistical probability), and it's a proven deterrant, both in theory and in practice. For everything it seeks to do, capital punishment is effective.

But that doesn't make it right.

Of the many arguments against capital punishment, I've been impressed by only two:

1. It is a punishment that can never be undone if a person is later found to be innocent. Although nobody can expect a perfect justice system, imprisonments, the only other penalty in the US, can at least be compensated for with money and the erroneously imprisoned person freed.

2. The carrying out of an execution is degrading to a society, independent of whether or not someone deserved it.

Of the many arguments against capital punishment, I've been impressed by only two:

1. It is a punishment that can never be undone if a person is later found to be innocent. Although nobody can expect a perfect justice system, imprisonments, the only other penalty in the US, can at least be compensated for with money and the erroneously imprisoned person freed.

some crimes cannot be repaid with money. if someone murders somebody no amount of money will heal the loved ones. you cant release them becuase they are obviously too dangerous. murderers are too dangerous to release back into society.

2. The carrying out of an execution is degrading to a society, independent of whether or not someone deserved it.

i dont see how a country having the balls to do what needs to be done to maintain order is degrading. it is a detterent. you can compare charts of raising hommice rates and lowering death peanalty rate are related. the less we exercise it the more we lose control and the more lives that are lost.

these arguements are meager at best. as you can see we pro-death peanalty people can easily counter the arguements of anti-death peanalty people

there is this short story you guys should check out.its called "the question" by Stanley Ellin. its a real eye opener.

perhaps. maybe not lawless but more like a society where moral standards are so small you might as well not have laws. of course legalizing gay marrige wont cuase that by itself but it is simply a step.

Canada? No moral standards? They have gay marriage and they have lower crime stats than we "holy" people.

uuh, maybe thats becuase they have about an eighth of our population and its spread out farther. you cant compare us to them. there many factors you are overlooking. that is not even a decent point and you know what? i would really, really, really like to get back to the topic of capital punishment, if thats not too much to ask of you.

i dont see how a country having the balls to do what needs to be done to maintain order is degrading. it is a detterent. you can compare charts of raising hommice rates and lowering death peanalty rate are related. the less we exercise it the more we lose control and the more lives that are lost.

these arguements are meager at best. as you can see we pro-death peanalty people can easily counter the arguements of anti-death peanalty people

Easily counter, eh?

You wouldn't mind explaining to everyone, then, why a society that considers the right to life INALIENABLE can condone the death penalty?

becuase unlike some people we find that life is valuable. so valuable, in fact, that if you take a life than you must give up your own. also, to deny that the death peanalty is a detterant is simply a denial of reality. you cant deny that the death peanalty would make you less likely to commit homcide. in this way it preserves life. you liberals have obviously never been close enough to a rapist or murderer to smell the evil within him. you are so high and rightous you cant imagine anyone not being as high and rightous as yourselves. im sure you would say "why can we exercise the power to take a life?" you know, you could ask that question and we could argue back and forth until the end of time but while we're argueing we have murders and rapists all over our society and endangering our children. my answer to that question is: it has to be done

Capital punishment only has one valuable aspect: it cuts down on recidivism. Other than that it's useless, worse than useless, it's a barbaric anachronism.

It also allows society to exact vengence which is a very primative and very very powerful emotion and sometimes needs to be vented because .

Over the weekend in South London Jimmy Mizen, a young 16 lad goes into a bakers to buy a roll for his lunch with his older brother. Some guy he's never laid eyes on in his life.... never seen before walks in after him and challenges him to a fight. Jimmy is understandably a bit afraid and says no he just want to buy his lunch and leave. The 19 year old goes outside, gets an advertising board and comes back into the shop and proceeds to smash up the shop in a frenzy of destruction and then with a piece of broken glass slashes Jimmy's throat. Minutes later the 16 year old dies in his brothers arms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...rticle_id=565821&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

They've just arrested the 19 year old today. I hope someone kills him, slowly...deliberately..... causing so much pain that the bastard screams to be put out of his misery! And then I hope they torture him some more, finally when he's dead I wish they'd just throw the bastards body onto a council scrap heap and let the animals eat what's left of it!

But you're right capital punishment is a barbaric crime and people would never stoop to being so barbaric themselves would they because we live in a utopia!

Mare, unfortunately I am a member of the hang-em-high brigade because I think that some people are just not worth keeping alive at the expense of taxpayers. I believe that some people are just worthless pieces of humanity that do not deserve there place on this planet. I believe that that some people should be swiftly and decisively put out of society's misery because they and inherently evil.

You will quite rightly take issue with that, however, ..... I really don't care!

Sorry rant over but this really touched a nerve!

Werbung:
I love it how conservatives invariably support the death penalty, but get wound up about the idea of 4 undeveloped cells in a mothers womb being terminated.

Back