Capital Punishment

The rope can be used only once to hang someone (if used more than once, it may break). It must be pre-stretched, a formula applied for the length of drop and the weight of the person to be hanged.
That's odd. We had a "hangman" in the family, and the stories I heard growing up were that he was able to get several hangings from a single rope (generally 5/8" or 3/4" hemp), until it started showing signs of wear at which point it would be replaced. Unfortunately, all of my family members who knew him are long gone, as is he obviously, so it's not like I can follow up on it. I know that the length of the drop was predicated on the persons weight (and what they did for a living), and that the placement of the coils was vitally important (although the belief that it was 13 coils is incorrect) so as to snap the neck cleanly rather than decapitating them, or having them simply strangled to death.

As for the rest, I agree.

Werbung:
I would have to dissagree with the death penalty. To me, the death penalty seems more like an act of revenge than an effective solution. The killer should be rehabilitated and act as a useful element of society, instead of being killed. Why not treat whatever mental/emotional problem the killer has, teach them to do a variety of jobs, and send them back into society as an ordinary citizen, preferably in a different area than were the crime was committed?

The killer should be rehabilitated and act as a useful element of society, instead of being killed.

And you should stop dreaming. Tell, me, do you have a way to change human nature? As recently as 2007, statistics indicated that 55% of "rehabilitated" inmates that were released, committed another crime that landed them back in prison. I imagine that you will argue that the programs aren't good enough and that it has nothing to do with being a scumbag of a person?

http://www.realcostofprisons.org/blog/archives/2009/04/prison_populati_1.html

When are you libs ever going to realize that there are just bad people in this world?
Why should someone who arbitrarilly kills another, and TAKES THEIR LIFE, be allowed to continue theirs?

I would have to disagree with the death penalty. To me, the death penalty seems more like an act of revenge than an effective solution. The killer should be rehabilitated and act as a useful element of society, instead of being killed. Why not treat whatever mental/emotional problem the killer has, teach them to do a variety of jobs, and send them back into society as an ordinary citizen, preferably in a different area than were the crime was committed?

Recidivism is problemtic...while I appreciate your 'POLLYANNA' attitude it just doesn't work/apply to the Federal Penal System in America...never has never will. Not when the human gene pool has the unique/deviant/perverse thinking & non-thinking humans that won't/don't desire to be changed and given out lack luster psycho therapist personal and the budget restrictions...they {the incarcerated} are a rarity if they do get released and become a productive member of our society!

And you should stop dreaming. Tell, me, do you have a way to change human nature? As recently as 2007, statistics indicated that 55% of "rehabilitated" inmates that were released, committed another crime that landed them back in prison. I imagine that you will argue that the programs aren't good enough and that it has nothing to do with being a scumbag of a person?

http://www.realcostofprisons.org/blog/archives/2009/04/prison_populati_1.html

When are you libs ever going to realize that there are just bad people in this world?
Why should someone who arbitrarilly kills another, and TAKES THEIR LIFE, be allowed to continue theirs?

Why am I always called a liberal? A liberal is a moderate who is used to distract the working class.

There seems to be no purpose in vengeance. Vengeance must leave the justice system. If killing a killer is fine, than whats wrong with being a killer? Really, the only perpose of killing a killer is to save money. When money is put above human life, what will we do?

I invite you to prove it and perhaps return to the thread about the little kid getting shot that you so rudely fled from.

Why must you ask such simple questions? Every Marxist nation throughout history has done what I indicated. History proves me right and that is the end of the story.

Karl Marx was nothing more than a disgruntled jealous fool. He was unsuccessful in making money to support himself so he blamed society and was jealous of all who were successful. As such he hated capitalism and wanted to destroy it much like BO. This thinking is common among lefties. If not for Engels supporting the fat murderous fool, the world would have never known his name.

And I will get back to you on the other thread... Fleeing from threads is not something I do. I think you know that.

Why must you ask such simple questions? Every Marxist nation throughout history has done what I indicated. History proves me right and that is the end of the story.

Karl Marx was nothing more than a disgruntled jealous fool. He was unsuccessful in making money to support himself so he blamed society and was jealous of all who were successful. As such he hated capitalism and wanted to destroy it much like BO. This thinking is common among lefties. If not for Engels supporting the fat murderous fool, the world would have never known his name.

And I will get back to you on the other thread... Fleeing from threads is not something I do. I think you know that.

First, you have to manage to find a single Marxist nation in history. That is an impossible task, as there never were any. When you find one, provide evidence of it's Marxism. Until you do that, you should not make wild accusations.

I do not consider insulting Marx or his career any kind of political argument, as you seem to be from the generation that focuses on personalities, not issues. As for Obama, he is a Capitalist who makes tiny reforms to keep people placated, like a more polite version of George Bush.

Werbung:
First, you have to manage to find a single Marxist nation in history. That is an impossible task, as there never were any. When you find one, provide evidence of it's Marxism. Until you do that, you should not make wild accusations.

I do not consider insulting Marx or his career any kind of political argument, as you seem to be from the generation that focuses on personalities, not issues. As for Obama, he is a Capitalist who makes tiny reforms to keep people placated, like a more polite version of George Bush.

Oh I know you are going to claim there never was a true Marxist nation. Whatever...

Cuba, USSR, North Korea, Cambodia, and several others are or were Marxist nations. And look what they did? They did what the fat murderous Karl told them to do. Which is to murder and imprison all who oppose you. And, implement a society where the elites control everything and the masses suffer greatly. And you persist in believing this garbage.

Back