Calif tax hikes chase yet another major company out of the state

Little-Acorn

How many layoffs in California will result from these companies losing Amazon's business? How much income tax lost?

How long will California's liberal fanatics go on thinking that enacting more taxes, results in more tax revenue?

-------------------------------------

http://www.foxbusiness.com/2011/06/30/amazon-drops-10000-california-partners-report/

Amazon Drops 10,000 California Partners: Report

by Sara Sjolin
Published June 30, 2011

NEW YORK -- Amazon.com Inc. plans to cut ties with 10,000 California marketing affiliates to avoid collecting a new state tax, according to a report released late Wednesday. The Los Angeles Times said that the tax would force Amazon to collect California state sales tax on purchases made through the affiliates, as part of Gov. Jerry Brown's plan to close a budget gap in 2011-2012.

The affiliates use Amazon to sell their products and are paid either a percentage of the sales or get a commission from Amazon after each sale. Other states have required online retailers to collect sales taxes if they have online affiliates in the state, and Amazon has responded by dropping affiliates in those states.

"This legislation is counterproductive and will not cause our retail business to collect sales tax for the state," said Paul Misener, Amazon's global-policy vice president, in a statement according to the Wall Street Journal.

Werbung:
My gf is one of those marketing affiliates - that wipes out a source of income for us. The leftwingers have greatly damaged my contracting business by driving most of the aerospace industry out of the state. California won't get any taxes from amazon, and they will have wiped out yet ANOTHER of the diminishing sources of income for people in a state with over 12% unemployment, and the most anti-business rating in the country.

This episode perfectly illustrates leftwing stupidity, just as how they almost collapsed the world financial system with their "Community Reinvestment Act", or only deepened our debts with obozo's porkulus - their stupid, crude, simplistic policies always take a bad situation and make it much worse.

My gf is one of those marketing affiliates - that wipes out a source of income for us. The leftwingers have greatly damaged my contracting business by driving most of the aerospace industry out of the state. California won't get any taxes from amazon, and they will have wiped out yet ANOTHER of the diminishing sources of income for people in a state with over 12% unemployment, and the most anti-business rating in the country.

This episode perfectly illustrates leftwing stupidity, just as how they almost collapsed the world financial system with their "Community Reinvestment Act", or only deepened our debts with obozo's porkulus - their stupid, crude, simplistic policies always take a bad situation and make it much worse.

So how is the silver buying thing going, Rick?

So how is the silver buying thing going, Rick?

Still mulling it over. If I buy from private parties on ebay, how do I know I'm not getting ripped off? But I guess nobody could counterfeit pre- '64 silver dollars - right?

(Sacramento, Ca. 6/2/11) Alarmed by internet companies Amazon and Overstock threatening to leave the state rather than collect tens of millions of dollars worth of business, the Democrat controlled lower house is considering a bill which would prohibit companies from leaving the state. An anonymous spokesperson issued the following statement:

"In this age of record deficits in the State of California, we find it unconscionable that companies would even consider leaving California over this matter. As has been proven with Boeing in Washington, if the Federal Government can get involved to prevent a large company from moving to a lower tax, worker friendly state like South Carolina and force them to stay in a non-competitive, union controlled environment, then California should have the same right."

"The legislation under discussion would prevent any company that started here with more than 25 employees from moving their operations to any other state with the sole purpose of avoiding our reasonable tax structure and tax collection procedures regardless the point of sale. The State of California is desperate for cash and moving out would leave us in worse shape than we are now."

"If a company defies us and moves anyway, they will be subject to California taxes at the current rate plus 10% regardless where they move and we will use the power of the IRS to ensure these taxes are legally and voluntarily paid."

http://www.freerepublic.com

They've taken leave of their senses! :D No court would uphold this. The leftwing in california has turned the state into a sinking ship, and now they're trying to pull down with them those who try to swim away!

Steinberg threatens to cut services in GOP districts

April 2011SACRAMENTO -- Voicing an idea that has been quietly bandied about in Democratic circles for months, Senate Leader Darrell Steinberg on Wednesday threatened to roll back services in Republican districts if they continue to resist the call for taxes to close the state's gaping deficit.

"You get the government you pay for," the Sacramento Democrat told reporters after he addressed the Sacramento Press Club. "It's basic fairness. You don't want to pay for government, well, then you get less of it."

I wonder if this a**hat would ask someone's political affiliation if he stopped to render aid.

Poor California. Glad to have Jerry back?

I wonder if this a**hat would ask someone's political affiliation if he stopped to render aid.

Poor California. Glad to have Jerry back?

If you "get the government you pay for", it ought to be based on where the tax dollars are coming from, not which Party is making what argument.

Does the Senate Leader plan to cut services to those Democratic districts that are a tax drain? I would bet good money that there is no shortage of those.

Werbung:
​Another hurdle cleared for illegal immigrant college students. On Wednesday, the state Assembly passed the second part of the California DREAM Act, a bill that would allow them to apply for state grants.

The two-bill package was introduced by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo (D-Los Angeles), who believes the legislation is necessary to help "children brought here through no choice of their own, who embrace our values and learn the language." Part one, which would make undocumented students eligible for private college scholarships, was approved by the Assembly last month. Both bills now head to the Senate.

Former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger repeatedly vetoed similar legislation while he was in office. But Gov. Jerry Brown made a campaign pledge to sign the California DREAM Act if it makes it through the Legislature.

This is the end beautiful friend, this is the end....the blue bus is calling us... Lol.

Back