Bush's recession ? the ex-Richmond Fed man sez no

dogtowner

Staff member
he says it was the Fed

and oddly enough supposed student of the Great Depression Bernake did just what the Fed did then to cause it.

sorry libs, now you have nothing..

Oh, the downturn first started with “correction of an excess in the housing stock and a sharp increase in energy prices” — the housing bust and the oil shock. Indeed, those two things were enough, in Hetzel’s view, to cause a “moderate recession” beginning in December 2007.
But only a moderate one. It was the Fed’s monetary policy miscues after the downturn began that turned a run-of-the-mill downturn into a once-in-a century disaster. Hetzel:
A moderate recession became a major recession in summer 2008 when the [Federal Open Market Committee] ceased lowering the federal funds rate while the economy deteriorated. The central empirical fact of the 2008-2009 recession is that the severe declines in output that in appeared in the [second quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009] … had already been locked in by summer 2008.​
Not only did the Fed leave rates alone between April 2008 and October 2008 as the economy deteriorated, but the FOMC “effectively tightened monetary policy in June by pushing up the expected path of the federal funds rate through the hawkish statements of its members. In May 2008, federal funds futures had been predicting the rate to remain at 2% through November. By mid-June, that forecast had risen to 2.5%.

Werbung:
How many of these banks are involved with the Federal Reserve? There is hanky panky there. I was just watching Greta's show and she had a guy on who has written a book about the TARP program. He said that Geithner was in his face, and literally threatened him when he tried to ask questions. Also the fact that the DOJ seems afraid to investigate/prosecute certain banks for wrong doing. What are they really hiding from the public?

How many of these banks are involved with the Federal Reserve? There is hanky panky there. I was just watching Greta's show and she had a guy on who has written a book about the TARP program. He said that Geithner was in his face, and literally threatened him when he tried to ask questions. Also the fact that the DOJ seems afraid to investigate/prosecute certain banks for wrong doing. What are they really hiding from the public?

When the Obama Adminstration is thrown out of office--the investigations into the massive corruption and payoffs will stagger and devastate the nation and completely obliterate the democrat party.

Every dept. from DOJ to the horrors involving the VERY SAFETY OF THE NATION at Homeland Security under that insane and malevolent clatch of lesbians Obama put in control there is starting to unravel right now.

It will be known as--by far--the worst administration ever--eclipsing Nixon or even the sexual perversions of the Oval Office Sodomite Clinton.

The financial misdeeds will become legendary.
It will take years to unsnarl the mess.

When the Obama Adminstration is thrown out of office--the investigations into the massive corruption and payoffs will stagger and devastate the nation and completely obliterate the democrat party.

Every dept. from DOJ to the horrors involving the VERY SAFETY OF THE NATION at Homeland Security under that insane and malevolent clatch of lesbians Obama put in control there is starting to unravel right now.

It will be known as--by far--the worst administration ever--eclipsing Nixon or even the sexual perversions of the Oval Office Sodomite Clinton.

The financial misdeeds will become legendary.
It will take years to unsnarl the mess.

how many got locked up or even investigated post Clinton ? post W ? post Bush I ?
don't hold your breath.
it would be nice but it might be worth managing your expectations.

how many got locked up or even investigated post Clinton ? post W ? post Bush I ?
don't hold your breath.
it would be nice but it might be worth managing your expectations.

I am not so sure--there is a fresh wind blowing into the DelMarVa and real reform is coming--I believe--despite the past.

I am not so sure--there is a fresh wind blowing into the DelMarVa and real reform is coming--I believe--despite the past.

it would be nice and its not impossible. F&F is probably hot enough to be kept on. all the usual graft and corruption, not so much.

I sure would like to see Holder pay a price for his failings.

Werbung:
it would be nice and its not impossible. F&F is probably hot enough to be kept on. all the usual graft and corruption, not so much.

I sure would like to see Holder pay a price for his failings.

Those who live in that area tell me things are underway--just under the surface.

Back