Bush US: Hypocrisy Personified & Astounding

The number is from the Lancet - a world renowned medical journal which probably has less to lie about than the perps.

But I suppose the lower number you would claim is ok for you.

Only 80,000 people burned to death.

That's fine is it?

Werbung:
Because the Iraq government is a puppet of the US.

Keep your insults for those who deserve the.

Sad, sad sad sad. If we controlled the Iraqi government you would think we would have them give the oil deal to an AMERICAN company. Your ignorance defies logic.

You have yet to establish any linkage to how the US orchestrated or benefited from the oil deal that Iraq signed with China, outside of claiming we control the government, which makes 0 sense in terms of the oil deal.

No, you cited it.

You need prove that it is a deal of the kind that you claim and so far, as in all your posts, you have not delivered.

The number is from the Lancet - a world renowned medical journal which probably has less to lie about than the perps.

But I suppose the lower number you would claim is ok for you.

Only 80,000 people burned to death.

That's fine is it?

What country are you from? Tell me did you get a public education or private, or are you still in the process of your education?

If you don't think I have not had an education you must be doubly distressed at your inablity to counter the points I make.

If you don't think I have not had an education you must be doubly distressed at your inablity to counter the points I make.

The "points" you made were that Iraq will never go well, and the US is bribing ever news outlet in the world to say that it is.

You further argue that the China did not sign an oil deal that did not not benefit the US, when they did.

Anyway, the point of this thread is Bush's hypocrisy and condemning Russia for invading Georgia is as bad as it gets.

Or maybe he has forgotten that the US is an invading force in Iraq and Afghanistan right now and has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

He probably now thinks he was invited in as a crusading hero he is that deluded.

If I lived in America I would be sooo embarrassed that such a buffoon is leading the country

You know, looking back in hindsight at the Iraqi reaction to everything that's happened, I'd say they weren't so upset that we invaded and deposed Saddam Hussein; they've just been upset that we stuck around so long afterwards.

You know, looking back in hindsight at the Iraqi reaction to everything that's happened, I'd say they weren't so upset that we invaded and deposed Saddam Hussein; they've just been upset that we stuck around so long afterwards.

Well keep in mind that the problems did not start really until the Iraqi Army was disbanded, and we set bureaucratic officials home as well, and basically resulted in a lot of unhappy unemployed people on the streets.

While that is certainly not the only factor that contributed to us being viewed as "occupiers" it did play a large role in my mind.

A Baghdad Plea: US stay and fight

I really haven't gotten much information claiming the public of Iraq wants us to go. In fact, the very opposite. I read of where people in areas still under US occupation really don't want them to leave, although only because they don't trust the new government quiet yet.

But the point is, I'm not seeing this "Get the US out" theory played out in real public reports. Where is this idea coming from?

I really haven't gotten much information claiming the public of Iraq wants us to go. In fact, the very opposite. I read of where people in areas still under US occupation really don't want them to leave, although only because they don't trust the new government quiet yet.

But the point is, I'm not seeing this "Get the US out" theory played out in real public reports. Where is this idea coming from?

The Prime Minister has floated the idea, and people ran with it from there.

This is fantastic.

You actually think that

1) The Iraqis wanted you to invade and

2) They want you to stay

This is indoctrination at a level I have not seen before.

Werbung:

Here is a polling of Iraqis from about a year ago.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/resist/2007/09bbciraqipoll.pdf

Of particular interest: questions eight, eleven, twelve, fourteen (the section on the US), eighteen, nineteen, and twenty-one.

The basics:

48% of Iraqis said that Coalition forces have done a "very bad job" at carrying out their responsibilities in Iraq. Additionally, 32% selected the less-severe but still negative "quite a bad job." Only 18% were split between "quite a good job" and "a very good job."

53% of Iraqis said they strongly oppose the presence of Coalition forces in their country. An additional 26% said they "somewhat oppose" the Coalition being there, adding up to 79% of the population saying that they aren't thrilled to have us there. Only 21% of the population expressed support of the Coalition being there.

47% of Iraqis said that they wish for the United States to leave now. 34% said that they wished for the United States to stay until security is restored. 10% said they wanted the US to remain until the Iraqi government is stronger. 7% said they wanted the US to remain until Iraqi security forces can operate independently. And 2% said that they wanted the US to remain in general but leave eventually. Meaning that 47% wish for us to leave, and 53% want us to stay.

Interestingly, a higher percentage (21%) blame Al Qaeda for the continuing violence in Iraq than blame the US (19%). Additionally, the Iraqis aren't terribly positive about their own futures post-occupation:

35% said that the US withdrawal would make full-blown Civil War more likely; 65% said that it would either make Civil War less likely (46%) or wouldn't have any effect on the situation (19%).

46% said that the US withdrawal would make it more likely that Iraq would become a base for international terrorists. 54% said it was either less likely (40%) or wouldn't have any effect on the situation (14%).

46% said that the US withdrawal would result in Iran taking control of parts of Iraq. 53% said it was less likely (29%) or wouldn't have any effect on the situation (24%). 1% said they didn't know.

Only 9% said that the US withdrawal would lead to increased violence in Kurdish areas. 89% said it would be less likely (45%) or wouldn't have any effect on the situation (44%). 2% said they didn't know.

So yes, the majority want us to stay for one reason or another, but that majority is shrinking. Given these figures (which I hadn't seen up until now) I would like to revise my earlier statement. Seeing as 63% of Iraqis polled said it was wrong for the Coalition to invade, it seems my previous statement about them being okay with the invasion but not the occupation was flawed.

Back