Brutal Honesty

Jason76

OK, this Facebook post is funny, but could the poster take his own advice when it's applied to his actions? :rolleyes:

Also, this post leads to other questions. Does Facebook posting turn some people into fools, as they just cannot shut the heck up? Sure, PC is out of control, but could the opposite be equally true?

jpjp.jpg

Werbung:
There is a difference between an opinion and the truth. One can be honest, but it's whether that person considers it a mere opinion or not. Some people can't handle the truth, and many are narrow minded and can't see the truth.

I do feel on Facebook many posters are ignorant and also juts not very bright. Expressing certain views in public is not bright whether it's honest or not.

Facebook homes some strange people.
Facebook has evolves past social media into people diary's sharing intimate photos and illegal activities.
I don't really like Facebook - I am a member for keeping up-to-date.
There are too many fake people on Facebook for me.
I agree with the image posted by the OP from Facebook.

The poster of this picture never shuts up. :rolleyes: It's not the fact he has so called "heroically politically incorrect" opinions. Of course, on the other side of the political spectrum you see the same type of folks. Anyhow, I'm wondering if thier tendency to speak constantly and always preach the same thing will come back to haunt them.

Well for one thing, regarding the Facebook poster, despite the popularity of his personality type where I live, he would had to have developed real enemies, maybe even in his hometown.

I think it's alright to view your opinions honestly. Some will like what you have to say, and others won't no matter what your views are. So if you can't please everyone, at least please yourself. That's my view anyway.

Sometimes people need to be rattled because they are so far off track and unaware it's the only way to get through.

About as often the reaction is to wrap themselves more tightly in their delusion.

I kinda gave up on any hope of changing them and let them embarrass themselves. Sometimes the show is amusing.

In the man-o-sphere online, libertarians are out to show their a man 10 times every hour, as much as Led Zeppelin is rotated on a classic rock station. Obviously this whole thing seems silly, mainly cause it's massive overkill. These guys are as ridiculous as similar preachy type people who are liberals etc...

There is a difference between an opinion and the truth. One can be honest, but it's whether that person considers it a mere opinion or not. Some people can't handle the truth, and many are narrow minded and can't see the truth.

I do feel on Facebook many posters are ignorant and also juts not very bright. Expressing certain views in public is not bright whether it's honest or not.

And thus the anonymity.

Most people believe their opinions are wright/true, or they would't be their opinions, or it could just be a lie I geuss.

As we have seen in this election cycle, people are very good at lying to themselves if it means not having to change their core beliefs:

Tolstoy: "I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."

As we have seen in this election cycle, people are very good at lying to themselves if it means not having to change their core beliefs:

Tolstoy: "I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."
LOL. Yes after all that it would be hard to change your mind.. At my age I tend to dwell on things awhile before I speak..

LOL. Yes after all that it would be hard to change your mind.. At my age I tend to dwell on things awhile before I speak..

At my age, 72, I have heard it all, well, most of it, and am still learning how stupid some people can be without even trying, which is probably why they are stupid.

Werbung:
Back