British MP Jo Cox attacked and killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my understanding that the point was economic viability. A bunch of little countries cannot match one large union. Not unlike the US

Werbung:
dogtower . It is more than Economic unity. The British economy is not intergrated with Europe= they don't even use the euro. But there is some political unity, to some extent.

dogtower . It is more than Economic unity. The British economy is not intergrated with Europe= they don't even use the euro. But there is some political unity, to some extent.
Not necessarily UK but the EU as a whole. Not just the currency also eliminating borders (economically speaking).

The EU was formed to stop the wars in Europe over the past 200 years. In 70years there has been no war in Europe. If Britain leaves or the EU is weaken there might be new wars .Unity is better than divisions.

Yes, that was the main point of the EU or EEC back then, but it hasn't stopped petty fights and squabbles between the countries.

If the UK does leave, it doesn't weaken the NATO Treaty which oversees these matters. You don't have to be in the EU to be part of NATO.

Not necessarily UK but the EU as a whole. Not just the currency also eliminating borders (economically speaking).

Are you talking about Schenegen? The fact is countries can still refuse entry and ask for ID at any border control. It's not like the US where you can cross state lines all the time. In certain countries it has been common practice before Schengen (like the French borders with Belgium), but it is discretionary rather than a law.

I think the UK leaving the European Union will have economic consequences that will affect even the average Joe's who are quite eager to leave the EU. The EU should have done something about open borders. That would have saved the EU.

I think the UK leaving the European Union will have economic consequences that will affect even the average Joe's who are quite eager to leave the EU. The EU should have done something about open borders. That would have saved the EU.

There is too much hype and speculation and basically scaremongering. The economy is picking up, where as in the rest of the EU there is a slump; the UK is doing better than the EU hence why so many EU migrants come to the UK to work. If it was so good where they are (with the Euro) why are they all flocking here?

Being able to control your economy, laws, and borders are all paramount to a country that is stable and able to thrive.

People in the UK aren't being told the true facts of what will happen if we stay in Europe or leave, I know that for a fact because I live here.

Both sides have run a shocking campaign in my opinion, and all they've done is scaremonger and spout what might happen without painting a true picture. They're hoping people vote because they're scared of what's being said, and not because they have made an educated decision based on the truth.

Are you talking about Schenegen? The fact is countries can still refuse entry and ask for ID at any border control. It's not like the US where you can cross state lines all the time. In certain countries it has been common practice before Schengen (like the French borders with Belgium), but it is discretionary rather than a law.
No idea what it was/is called. Only that goods and services move freely.

People in the UK aren't being told the true facts of what will happen if we stay in Europe or leave, I know that for a fact because I live here.

Both sides have run a shocking campaign in my opinion, and all they've done is scaremonger and spout what might happen without painting a true picture. They're hoping people vote because they're scared of what's being said, and not because they have made an educated decision based on the truth.

I live here too, and have been writing essays on the EU democracy (or lack of) for a couple of decades. There is too much scaremongering and people need to think beyond what is in it for them in the next couple of years.

The problem is most people don't understand, and there isn't enough time for people to give them all the facts. The fact is the economy scares are pointless; we were in the EU with to major recessions and what happened? The less well off countries with the Euro came over to the UK to work, which made the UK recession worse than the rest of the world.

I live here too, and have been writing essays on the EU democracy (or lack of) for a couple of decades. There is too much scaremongering and people need to think beyond what is in it for them in the next couple of years.

The problem is most people don't understand, and there isn't enough time for people to give them all the facts. The fact is the economy scares are pointless; we were in the EU with to major recessions and what happened? The less well off countries with the Euro came over to the UK to work, which made the UK recession worse than the rest of the world.

Both sides are coming out with facts, but the only true fact is that nobody knows what's going to happen whichever way we vote. While coming out of the EU will have a short term impact on the economy, in the long run it could actually be beneficial for us. Same if we vote to remain. The EU is due to push through a new financial plan and the only reason it's not already been done is because they're waiting to see how this vote goes, so by saying we're financially better off staying in, that might not be the case in 2 months time when the budgets are looked at again.

All this referendum as done is divided people even further, and in this last two weeks at least, there as been more and more arguments from the general public about what they're voting and why. People are falling out and its divided a nation.

Anybody would think the government as done this on purpose and the more fragmented the people are, the easier we are to control.

Both sides are coming out with facts, but the only true fact is that nobody knows what's going to happen whichever way we vote. While coming out of the EU will have a short term impact on the economy, in the long run it could actually be beneficial for us. Same if we vote to remain. The EU is due to push through a new financial plan and the only reason it's not already been done is because they're waiting to see how this vote goes, so by saying we're financially better off staying in, that might not be the case in 2 months time when the budgets are looked at again.

All this referendum as done is divided people even further, and in this last two weeks at least, there as been more and more arguments from the general public about what they're voting and why. People are falling out and its divided a nation.

Anybody would think the government as done this on purpose and the more fragmented the people are, the easier we are to control.

People have been asking for a referendum for a reason, because they don't like unelected people making laws for them.

The EU is fragmented, Turkey is an issue and so is Ukraine. Does the UK really want to get involved in their domestic issues?

I saw the scaremongering with inaccurate statements, and for those who have not studied politics, law or economics they would believe it. The death of Jo Cox is tragic, but for people to use is as a means to honor what she supported is all wrong. Who is to say her beliefs had any foundation?

As the old saying goes though, if voting made a difference then they wouldn't let us do it. That might seem a bit negative but do we really think that there's a chance that the UK will leave the EU no matter what the public says?

A lot of people are saying the vote as already been decided, and when you get independent advice telling us to take our own pens to vote with and not use the pencils provided, it does make you wonder just exactly how the results of the vote can be trusted.

Werbung:
As the old saying goes though, if voting made a difference then they wouldn't let us do it. That might seem a bit negative but do we really think that there's a chance that the UK will leave the EU no matter what the public says?

A lot of people are saying the vote as already been decided, and when you get independent advice telling us to take our own pens to vote with and not use the pencils provided, it does make you wonder just exactly how the results of the vote can be trusted.
I couldn't believe y'all used pencils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back