Breaking California Justice Department Issue

Salami

I was wondering what you guys thoughts are on this situation that is developing in California. Seems like we have a Democrat out there who wants to undermine how the judicial system works in California and by doing so quite possibly setting a dangerous precedent for the entire nation by eliminating the ability of grand juries to open investigations into police who have been charged with abuse of powers. By and large I not really for changing how our government works other than to change it BACK to working as it was intended. We are not there today.

Werbung:
I've seen this in the news, and I'm appalled by it! WTH is he thinking? This cannot be Constitutional, because somebody, somewhere is going to be denied his day in court, if this comes to pass! Do you have a link to this story? I sure hope this is shot down. It's a blatant misuse of power.

http://wn.ktvu.com/story/29017411/california-may-end-use-of-grand-juries-in-police-shootings

The reason this guy wants to take away the power of the grand jury to investigate police who have been accused of abuse of power against citizens is the refusal of a couple grand juries to bring charges up against certain police officers. Not knowing why the grand jury refused to bring up charges I cannot speak as to why they made the decisions they did. I'm betting this yahoo doesn't either considering he is likely not on the grand jury and not privy to the information they gathered in their investigation.

With further thought though I can see a situation where Grand Juries could be misused. For example. Even if a grand jury agrees that said black man should have been shot in the manner he was does not make it legal under rule of law but the person or cop still gets off.

Werbung:
Seems like we have a Democrat out there who wants to undermine how the judicial system works in California and by doing so quite possibly setting a dangerous precedent for the entire nation by eliminating the ability of grand juries to open investigations into police who have been charged with abuse of powers.

How is this a dangerous precedent? Half of the states don't use grand juries at all, court proceedings are entirely adversarial. I think it's a pretty good idea to not allow a prosecutor to spoon feed select bits of information to a grand jury in cases involving abuse of power by public sector employees, in fact I think the whole grand jury system is an anachronism that should be eliminated.

Back