BP oil execs get bonus for "safety"

You connection is absurd...even if a CEO making millions per year puts that money in a bank, it is quickly cycled through and used to invest in new business etc.

And by your reasoning, if the CEO's were taxed more, or the workers were paid more, the money would still eventually be "cycled through" the banks and be used to invest in new business. It would seem that your contention that CEO's getting huge bonuses stimulates the creation of businesses is what is absurd.

Werbung:
And by your reasoning, if the CEO's were taxed more, or the workers were paid more, the money would still eventually be "cycled through" the banks and be used to invest in new business. It would seem that your contention that CEO's getting huge bonuses stimulates the creation of businesses is what is absurd.

I do agree that government spending can create a stimulus effect...but by the same token, it also removes that same effect from the private sector.

If the CEO were taxed more, the money would ultimately be cycled through, but the issue at hand is do we want private sector to be the driving force of economic growth or do we want to rely on the government to make those decisions for us.

I prefer the private sector.

Yeah I do. Go to work for the government as a p-school teacher.

Ops...you did that already...:eek:

Now...if only libs, like those who have posted in this thread, would get equally upset about the outrageous salaries and corruption in government that DWARFS anything in the private sector, we might not consider them hypocrites any longer.

Don't hold your breath.

You should try teaching sometime, Gip. It would be a real education for you.

I am just saying that your thread title of BP executives getting a safety bonus is entirely misleading, if not downright false.

OK, so maybe "Transocean Execs get bonuses despite their involvement in the BP disaster.

Or, I could have used this link instead:

BP, the company at the centre of the worst oil spill in US history, has awarded bonuses to two of its senior directors, according to its annual report.

Byron Grote, the finance director, and Iain Conn, the head of refining, have both received payouts of more than £100,000 on top of their regular salaries although those bonuses are dramatically lower than in 2009.

And, of course, being in favor of the poor underpaid execs getting all that they can get, I'd have to point out that the poor babies only got more in bonuses than most of the rest of us make in total all year, dramatically less than in 2009.

Gosh, I feel sorry for them now, don't you?

Now, where can I get a job where I can screw up, and my usual bonus goes down to only a hundred thousand pounds? what is that in dollars, anyone know?

I do agree that government spending can create a stimulus effect...but by the same token, it also removes that same effect from the private sector.

If the CEO were taxed more, the money would ultimately be cycled through, but the issue at hand is do we want private sector to be the driving force of economic growth or do we want to rely on the government to make those decisions for us.

I prefer the private sector.

Yes. The issue at hand is do we want the private sector generating things or the government. Well we know what libs want...Old Uncle Sam gets it all and that generally results in NO private sector and poverty for all but the elites.

Good job libs.

You should try teaching sometime, Gip. It would be a real education for you.

You missed the point of my most unbelievably intelligent post...as you usually do.

So again, I just wish you libs would get upset with salaries and corruption in government like you do when it occurs in the private sector. But, I don't think that is going to happen, which continues to result in some libs being hypocrites.

By all measures, the corruption and salaries in government far exceed anything in the private sector...but some libs are cool with it.

You missed the point of my most unbelievably intelligent post...as you usually do.

So again, I just wish you libs would get upset with salaries and corruption in government like you do when it occurs in the private sector. But, I don't think that is going to happen, which continues to result in some libs being hypocrites.

By all measures, the corruption and salaries in government far exceed anything in the private sector...but some libs are cool with it.

Yep, gipper, that's it. Being a lib and all, I'm all in favor of government corruption, makes me feel all gooey inside when I hear about all of the public money that gets wasted by government. Gosh, how could I possibly miss the point of your unbelievably intelligent posts? Must be that addled lib mind of mine.

And, how could I possibly object to execs getting all of the bonus money they can? Why, if they didn't get it, it would just be wasted by all us libs, no doubt.

Yep, gipper, that's it. Being a lib and all, I'm all in favor of government corruption, makes me feel all gooey inside when I hear about all of the public money that gets wasted by government. Gosh, how could I possibly miss the point of your unbelievably intelligent posts? Must be that addled lib mind of mine.

And, how could I possibly object to execs getting all of the bonus money they can? Why, if they didn't get it, it would just be wasted by all us libs, no doubt.

Please let me know the FIRST time you post something critical of the Federal Government.

Just so I can frame it.

OK, so maybe "Transocean Execs get bonuses despite their involvement in the BP disaster.

I am gathering you are/were a teacher...I would imagine you would correct such a mistake if a student made it on a paper/test? Correct?

And, of course, being in favor of the poor underpaid execs getting all that they can get, I'd have to point out that the poor babies only got more in bonuses than most of the rest of us make in total all year, dramatically less than in 2009.

Now, where can I get a job where I can screw up, and my usual bonus goes down to only a hundred thousand pounds? what is that in dollars, anyone know?

I am anxious to know what you are going to argue the finance director and the head of refining did that caused the BP oil spill.

Unless you are a shareholder or some other person with a vested interest in BP or Transocean, I fail to see how what they do with their money is any of your concern.

Unless you are a shareholder or some other person with a vested interest in BP or Transocean, I fail to see how what they do with their money is any of your concern.

They can do what they want with their money. I can sit here and point out that giving out safety bonuses after the biggest man made disaster of the decade was absurd.

And, so I did.

They can do what they want with their money. I can sit here and point out that giving out safety bonuses after the biggest man made disaster of the decade was absurd.

And, so I did.

Lol, and so you did. I would like to see statistically how they got there too.

Since no one has shown that Transocean deserves even a significant portion of the blame it does seem that we should turn our lights toward BP. So yes the title of this thread was misleading.

But then you evidence about the BP execs show that a finance director and a refining director received bonuses. Neither finance nor refining would be in any way involved or responsible for an oil spill. I see no reason that they should not receive bonuses if they did something good for their bosses.

I think your problem is more with the idea that someone else makes more than you, or that there is such a thing as merit pay, or that you think this will score political points, or whatever, but your case against any execs who have received bonuses falls flat.

And, so I did.

Yet you have failed to show that anyone with any significant share of the blame received any bonuses.

Werbung:
Back