BP oil execs get bonus for "safety"

Werbung:
and if you lay off thousands of workers, you can get a bonus..

and if you screw up so bad you actuly have to leave...you get paid multi millions for years after

Must be a great job :)

These multi-million-dollar salaries and bonuses, and the "golden parachutes", are exactly why so many Americans have had it with "corporate America".

Hard-working middle class Americans built this nation into an industrial powerhouse, and greedy corporate executives, as well as state and federal government interventions and regulations, are taking it all away.

While tens of millions of Americans struggle to keep their jobs and their homes and put food on the table, the fat cats in the corporate world and in the government drink champagne and eat filet mignon.

These multi-million-dollar salaries and bonuses, and the "golden parachutes", are exactly why so many Americans have had it with "corporate America".

Hard-working middle class Americans built this nation into an industrial powerhouse, and greedy corporate executives, as well as state and federal government interventions and regulations, are taking it all away.

While tens of millions of Americans struggle to keep their jobs and their homes and put food on the table, the fat cats in the corporate world and in the government drink champagne and eat filet mignon.
And when someone complains about how much money the rich are paid, and the Liberals suggest higher taxes on them the right-winger rhetoric is that additional taxes on them stifles job creation.

How many jobs are created by the outrageous pay that CEO's get when they do not invest it in new business?

And when someone complains about how much money the rich are paid, and the Liberals suggest higher taxes on them the right-winger rhetoric is that additional taxes on them stifles job creation.

How many jobs are created by the outrageous pay that CEO's get when they do not invest it in new business?

or a better investment...pay the workers better...average income for the lower and middle class gets lower and lower...maybe its time when a company does well...everyone does well...not the normal...if we do well the top get huge bonuses....when they fail...the top get big bonuses , and the workers get laid off.

Then again asking that the workers benefit more from the work they do is evil comunism...just like asking for companies and the Rich to actually pay taxes while they use services.

I would rather that the rich not get taxed to death, but that a cap be placed on executive compensation, and the workers receive a percentage of company profits via a bonus check or something like that.

Every major company should also have an independent auditor staff, to make it more difficult for these fat-cats to cook their books.

How about the millions of dollars that Walmart has spent over the last couple of years by upgrading their stores? Apparently Walmart executives didn't get the memo that people don't shop at Walmart based on how "pretty" their stores are. People shop at Walmart because of their prices. Those wasted millions should have been spent on increasing worker wages and benefits.

PFOS, I agree with some of your stuff, too. See, we do have more common ground than you think!

or a better investment...pay the workers better...average income for the lower and middle class gets lower and lower...maybe its time when a company does well...everyone does well...not the normal...if we do well the top get huge bonuses....when they fail...the top get big bonuses , and the workers get laid off.

Then again asking that the workers benefit more from the work they do is evil comunism...just like asking for companies and the Rich to actually pay taxes while they use services.

Oil companies generally pay their employees very well, and off-shore rig workers are paid very well as well...especially given the type of education needed to go out there.

As for when a company does well, everyone involved does do well...the employees get to continue working, and the stockholders (ie owners) see value increases or better returns.

You connection is absurd...even if a CEO making millions per year puts that money in a bank, it is quickly cycled through and used to invest in new business etc.

Transocean and BP are different companies.

Not so different:

Transocean was blamed along with BP and Halliburton after last year's massive spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Eleven workers, nine of whom worked for Transocean, died when the Deepwater Horizon exploded almost a year ago.

But Transocean said there had been a drop in the rate of recorded incidents and also in their potential severity.

I would rather that the rich not get taxed to death, but that a cap be placed on executive compensation, and the workers receive a percentage of company profits via a bonus check or something like that.

Every major company should also have an independent auditor staff, to make it more difficult for these fat-cats to cook their books.

How about the millions of dollars that Walmart has spent over the last couple of years by upgrading their stores? Apparently Walmart executives didn't get the memo that people don't shop at Walmart based on how "pretty" their stores are. People shop at Walmart because of their prices. Those wasted millions should have been spent on increasing worker wages and benefits.

PFOS, I agree with some of your stuff, too. See, we do have more common ground than you think!

Yes, they should have been, but it's more likely to have been doled out as million dollar bonuses to the fatcats.

Anyone know how I can get a job........, where even if I screw up, I still get a bonus?

Yeah I do. Go to work for the government as a p-school teacher.

Ops...you did that already...:eek:

Now...if only libs, like those who have posted in this thread, would get equally upset about the outrageous salaries and corruption in government that DWARFS anything in the private sector, we might not consider them hypocrites any longer.

Don't hold your breath.

Yeah I do. Go to work for the government as a p-school teacher.

Ops...you did that already...:eek:

Now...if only libs, like those who have posted in this thread, would get equally upset about the outrageous salaries and corruption in government that DWARFS anything in the private sector, we might not consider them hypocrites any longer.

Don't hold your breath.

I would hope that it goes without saying that all levels of government in this country are corrupt, spend money like drunken sailors, and when they run out money, they borrow it and increase taxes.

All levels of government are corrupt. The stock market is corrupt. Large corporations are corrupt. Labor unions are corrupt.

Let's face it, it's all out of control and the best we as citizens can do is narrow our scope and control what we are capable of controlling, which is to provide food, shelter, and safety for our families to the best of our abilities.

Werbung:
I am just saying that your thread title of BP executives getting a safety bonus is entirely misleading, if not downright false.

Did you really expect anything different from the left?

I see dozens of misleading headlines every day on the internet, by the Associated Press and Reuters and Yahoo and the Washington Post and the New York Times and all of the "usual suspects".

Back