Bin Laden raid 'not assassination'

We still don't have a consistent, complete story of what happened when they found bin Laden. All of the commandos were wearing miniature video cameras on their helmets to record all the action. So the White House does know exactly what happened. Plenty of time to debrief everybody.

The Seal Team had a dog with them to smell out explosives and booby traps. The raid happened in the middle of the night. Do you think Obama went to sleep each night with one of his 3 wives wearing an explosive vest or sensitive trip wires around the room?

It is starting to feel like someone screwed up and shot him by mistake. The American public has a right to know what happened. If something is too secretive to show to tell, then give me a reasonable explanation why.

I was sitting in the Singapore airport yesterday and had the chance to read the newspapers from several Asian countries. They all label the kill as an "assassination". The common thought is America is afraid to admit to what happened, particularly in light of how quickly we pointed the finger of blame art leaders in Bosnia, Iran, etc. It sounds pretty hypocritical.

Just tell us. What were the circumstances around Osama's death?

Werbung:

That question will be the subject of speculation for many years to come. The discussion will generate a lot of heat, but very little light.

The facts are as follows: The CIA figured out where Bin Laden was hiding. The CIC gave the go ahead for the Navy Seals to send in a team and take him out. They did their job and went home.

Anything else is pure speculation, storytelling, unknowns, half truths, outright lies, and other interesting and amusing fiction, a little bit of it perhaps based on fact.

We still don't have a consistent, complete story of what happened when they found bin Laden. All of the commandos were wearing miniature video cameras on their helmets to record all the action. So the White House does know exactly what happened. Plenty of time to debrief everybody.

The Seal Team had a dog with them to smell out explosives and booby traps. The raid happened in the middle of the night. Do you think Obama went to sleep each night with one of his 3 wives wearing an explosive vest or sensitive trip wires around the room?

It is starting to feel like someone screwed up and shot him by mistake. The American public has a right to know what happened. If something is too secretive to show to tell, then give me a reasonable explanation why.

I was sitting in the Singapore airport yesterday and had the chance to read the newspapers from several Asian countries. They all label the kill as an "assassination". The common thought is America is afraid to admit to what happened, particularly in light of how quickly we pointed the finger of blame art leaders in Bosnia, Iran, etc. It sounds pretty hypocritical.

I don't know oddly I am not on Team 6 and was not there...nor was the asian press...and I am not dumb enough to think that they are going to come out and say evry detail of what happened..or show the video of it or something....most likey best not to say, hey Al Quida here is how we will raid your house so you can get ready.

OBL is dead, the White house gave its report of what the Miltary actions where...outside of that no one knows anything that suggests anything other then what was said...unless someone wants to actuly step up with something suggesting otherwise with real knowlage , we can all just say well what if it happened this way and make up any story we want, and it will not mean a thing....Maybe Bin Laden offered them Tea when the walked in , they said they did not like tea, and shot him...could be...who knows...not likey but again, since we where not there, we don't know. Unless a Seal Member comes out saying something...we are not going to know.

If the strategy is to just dummy up and don't say anything, then tell the AG to shut up too... "There were some indications that perhaps he wore a suicide vest, there's indications that perhaps there were weapons in the room."

That, Pocket, is one, "grade A" idiot! The seal team should visit HIS house!!!!

If the strategy is to just dummy up and don't say anything, then tell the AG to shut up too... "There were some indications that perhaps he wore a suicide vest, there's indications that perhaps there were weapons in the room."

That, Pocket, is one, "grade A" idiot! The seal team should visit HIS house!!!!

and then people like you would yell about why he is not saying anything...and make up nothing would change...I have all the details I need....I don't need a play by play...they went in, he did not surrender, he did something to make Seals think they had to fire...they did...he is dead...and at the bottom of the ocean now...

all I need to know, all we will know for some time.

Let's face it, if Bush had carried out the "kill OBL" mission the same way Obama did, the leftists would be screaming at Bush for not being more transparent about the "circumstances", not bringing OBL back to the U.S. alive, etc., etc., etc., and the conservatives would be singing the praises of Bush for killing OBL, "justice being served", blah, blah, blah.

Partisan politics reigns supreme, no matter who is in charge. It is proving to be the downfall of this country.

Let's face it, if Bush had carried out the "kill OBL" mission the same way Obama did, the leftists would be screaming at Bush for not being more transparent about the "circumstances", not bringing OBL back to the U.S. alive, etc., etc., etc., and the conservatives would be singing the praises of Bush for killing OBL, "justice being served", blah, blah, blah.

Partisan politics reigns supreme, no matter who is in charge. It is proving to be the downfall of this country.

You got that right.

We're now hearing all sorts of Monday morning quarterback quotes from the right. Had we had a Republican in the WH, we'd be hearing them from the left.

Bottom line: We finally and at long last got Bin Laden. Everything else is just fluff, and whether the POTUS was an R or a D is not important.

You got that right.

We're now hearing all sorts of Monday morning quarterback quotes from the right. Had we had a Republican in the WH, we'd be hearing them from the left.

Bottom line: We finally and at long last got Bin Laden. Everything else is just fluff, and whether the POTUS was an R or a D is not important.

That's what I stated from the start. OBL is fish food. Obama gets to do his victory lap. It could have been Bush doing a victory lap. But none of that matters.

BIN LADEN IS DEAD! The coward mass-murderer got his just rewards. I'd love to see the photos of OBL's dead carcass and do a victory dance on them.

It ain't over that simple, gang. Until the truth comes out about whether Osama was killed in the heat of battle, or if he was outright executed is a story that has "legs" both in the US and abroad.

BINGO!

You can bet your life the lefties like Pocket, the press, and D politicians would be screaming if Bush did exactly what BO did. The hypocrisy is amazing.

A few lefties and a few righties have condemned the assassination. Ron Paul and Noam Chomsky agree that is was wrong.

It ain't over that simple, gang. Until the truth comes out about whether Osama was killed in the heat of battle, or if he was outright executed is a story that has "legs" both in the US and abroad.

I reread the Presidents transcript from the night of the attack. He said that he gave the order to bring bin laden to justice. A phrase that implies capture. This was said before any backpeddaling so I trust it.

Does this let the president off the hook for handling this hypocritically? Civilian court and applying the constitution to enemy combatants is still wrong and were probably proposed largely to make Bush look bad, but also because the left does wrongly believe that enemy combatants need to be treated with constitutional rights - except when we carry out missions to capture or kill them.

Knowing the facts may not be simple but it is simple to know that sometimes the admin applies the constitution to enemies wrongly, sometimes it is not applied to enemies rightly, and worse yet sometimes it is not applied rightly to us.

I could care less if the "truth" about Bin Laden's demise is EVER fully disclosed. It simply doesn't matter, except to those with political agendas and religious agendas.

Do you have any idea how many "unconstitutional" and "unsavory" and "secretive" and "classified" things went on during WW2 and the Korean War and the Vietnam War, and basically every war this country has ever been involved in, not to mention the propagandized and embellished news reporting and press releases and government statements?

Sometimes details don't matter, unless you're in the business of witchhunting and finger-pointing.

Be happy that Osama Bin Laden's carcass has been ripped apart by a variety of sea creatures, and hope that his 72 virgins are all fat, ugly men.

I reread the Presidents transcript from the night of the attack. He said that he gave the order to bring bin laden to justice. A phrase that implies capture. This was said before any backpeddaling so I trust it.

Does this let the president off the hook for handling this hypocritically? Civilian court and applying the constitution to enemy combatants is still wrong and were probably proposed largely to make Bush look bad, but also because the left does wrongly believe that enemy combatants need to be treated with constitutional rights - except when we carry out missions to capture or kill them.

Knowing the facts may not be simple but it is simple to know that sometimes the admin applies the constitution to enemies wrongly, sometimes it is not applied to enemies rightly, and worse yet sometimes it is not applied rightly to us.

let him off the hook for...what? for what you have come up with in your head even if it does not match what is known?

Why did the right let Bush W off the hook for having his ex forced to have a abortion? I mean outside that there is no proof it it happening, and I just made it up in my head just there...I still demand they attack him for it! thats basicly what your saying right now...The left should attack Obama...for what you think may have happened...and yet have not one shred of proof actuly did.

Was the white house open to capturing him? After days have gone by and the story has changed quite a bit we may never know. But the best indication may be papers and statements made before or immediately after his death.

Try to focus on the key thing here: The leftwingers have given this country countless self-righteous lectures on "our image in the world" ("world" = among leftwing euro establishment types) re gitmo, the iraq war, etc etc etc.

Now there's a strong likelihood that they actually abandoned their elitist pee see ethics when it was convenient - the convenience here is ultimately toward the re-election of obozo in 2012 without any inconvenience of bringing osama back alive, giving him the ordinary criminal trial that they've promoted for islamofascist war criminals, seeing the likelihood that that means he would be let go because of the unwillingness of the intelligence agencies to reveal their sources and methods, and with that the certain defeat of of obozo in 2012.

They can't have it both ways - it can't be that extraordinary actions by the executive branch in wartime lead to criminal investigations by a highly politicized justice department if a republican administration did them, but are er, well, uh, just OK if a leftwing president does them. The House should convene an investigation in which all the principles, including obozo, are called to give sworn testimony as to what the plans were, what the rules of engagement were, and what actually happened - unsworn hearsay repeated by John McCain just won't do. We need to know what obozo knew and when he knew it.

Werbung:
That's what I stated from the start. OBL is fish food. Obama gets to do his victory lap. It could have been Bush doing a victory lap. But none of that matters.

BIN LADEN IS DEAD! The coward mass-murderer got his just rewards. I'd love to see the photos of OBL's dead carcass and do a victory dance on them.

Agreed, except that the photos can stay hidden for all I care. They wouldn't prove anything anyway.

sbr051311dapr20110513024515.jpg

Back