1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Barack Obama tapped Trump’s phones

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by The Scotsman, Mar 6, 2017.

1. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

Can you read?, of course I question who released it and I have said so..But the validity of it, I don't. Oh and on that tax return, I wouldn't worry to much about losses.. if there were losses he wouldn't have paid 38 million in taxes

2. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

First off Obama lied numerous times, second there is no such thing as Trump Care, Congress has had six years not trump..For your reading pleasure..
    All False statements involving Barack Obama With Links
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/?page=2

3. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

Even sittin’ in my trailer, completely lacking any formal education at all, I still know how to spell (accept) At least, I think I do. I can’t be sure, what with the lack of a libary and Inturhnet access in dis here traylor park.

4. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

Does that mean that you made a mistake? Because you obviously didn't mean "except!"

Why can't you be gracious about it and just correct your mistake without having a fit?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. Openmind

There is no such thing as "Obamacare" then. . .Trump is pushing that poisoned bill. . .just as President Obama was pushing ACA. If you can call the ACA "Obamacare," I can certainly call this horror "Trumpdon'tcare!"

And. . .do you have a more biased source to offer for your propaganda?

6. Openmind

Wrong again! He claimed $100 millions loss from past years. . .as he did every year possibly since 1995!

Trump Wrote Off $100 Million in Losses in 2005, Leaked Forms Show ...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html
    2 days ago - Document: Donald Trump's Tax Documents From 2005 ... “The dishonest media can continue to make this part of their agenda, while the ... do not say whether the $103 million in losses were left over from that 1995 loss. ... But in the next two years, 1978 and 1979, Mr. Trump paid nofederal income taxes.

The only reason he paid that much tax that year is because of the MINIMUM TAX rule. . .which is one of the rules that (surprise, surprise!) he wants to get rid off! Obviously. . .that is one of the big promises he made to his supporters. . .the real ones. . .the top 1/10 of the top 1%. And in the mean time, he is cutting everything that helps millions of people. . .INCLUDING meals on wheels! SICK!

How can you even call yourself a Christian and continue to revere this monster?

7. Old_Trapper70

Old_Trapper70 Well-Known Member

Why, yes he would have if you knew about tax returns. However, what about the 900 Million he said he lost, and then uses that as a "carry over" to avoid paying taxes in the future? You do understand that losses are used as a deduction to pay even higher taxes, right? Probably not.

8. Old_Trapper70

Actually, you only have to understand the English language as most any 5th. grader would, and the difference between "accept", and "except".

grumpy likes this.
  9. Old_Trapper70

What could he do with the Republicans blocking everything he tried, and refusing to help fix the ACA?

It is like I have said before, the biggest mistake Obama made was to follow the lead of Bush.

10. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

OK, OK. If he had lost money in 2005, he would not have paid ANY INCOME TAX, now if he was still carrying over those loses, then he made more then we/I would have even thought because he still paid 38million in taxes..Now I pay self employment tax , win loose or draw.. I pay it..
    You need to re-read this part of your post..(doesn't make sens and you jumbled 2 words together)(spell ck would solve that)2 days ago - Document: Donald Trump's Tax Documents From 2005 ... “The dishonest media can continue to make this part of their agenda, while the ... do not say whether the $103 million in losses were left over from that 1995 loss. ... But in the next two years, 1978 and 1979, Mr. Trump paid nofederal income taxes.

11. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

Duplicate post...OK, OK. If he had lost money in 2005, he would not have paid ANY INCOME TAX, now if he was still carrying over those loses, then he made more then we/I would have even thought because he still paid 38million in taxes..Now I pay self employment tax , win loose or draw.. I pay it..

12. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

I hope your impressed with yourself.. When I fist signed on here, I thought this guy Trapper is serious. Maybe I can learn something from him, and I have..

13. grumpy

grumpy Active Member

By tried you mean more money, What are you complaining about? The Republican plan is a repeal only in words, IMO they need to go much farther. No young people should pay more to support mine and your old asses. My family takes care of themselves, My daughter and her husband build docks and bulkheads for a living and pay for their own insurance. She met him while he was building my dock.When Kelly was diagnosed with Cancer, she was left with very few options.. My choice was MD ANDERSON because they are ranked one of the best. I wasn't going to let her go anywhere but the best, so shes at MD Anderson.. Thank God I can afford it..Now no matter what this congress comes up with it will be better then Obama care. The way I see it you should not be allowed to pay a penalty and stay uninsured until you get sick, and then run out and get covered. They are the ones that should pay more. Think about that, there are people out there who buy insurance with a pre-existing illness, we are asking the insurance companies to sell them a plan knowing they are loosing money. So those of us who pay out the ass for insurance already are ask to cover it.. That's nuts..The people who can't afford insurance at all, we have to do something those people. I have some ideas but the numbers don't look good.

14. Old_Trapper70

That is the way any insurance plan stays in effect. The healthy pay for the unhealthy, the young pay for the old, the good driver pays for the bad. I've had auto insurance for 50 years, never had an accident, and still my premiums go up. And you are required by law to carry auto insurance.

The people who can't afford insurance at all, we have to do something those people. I have some ideas but the numbers don't look good.[/QUOTE]

But your Party has no idea how to do it. Fixing Obamacare, like requiring all to join, would have helped, or by having all States use the same program like they did with Medicare part D. But nooo. That just won't work in the world where it is more important to help the wealthy then the poor.

Openmind and grumpy like this.
  15. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Which is why we need real change. Single payer as with all socialized medicine dies not alter costs it just denies coverage to meet budget knowing that whining will drive taxes up. Fix the problem and that won't be easy or without pain. But it's the only option.

grumpy likes this.