Banking: Republicans STILL Dragging-Their-Feet!!

Mr. Shaman

"The Senate Banking Committee today approved Senator Christopher Dodd’s plan to overhaul financial regulations, advancing the Obama administration’s call for the biggest restructuring of Wall Street oversight since the 1930s.

All 10 committee Republicans opposed the measure proposed by Dodd, the Connecticut Democrat who leads the panel, and they declined to offer amendments. The 13-10 vote means negotiations will continue as the legislation moves to the Senate floor.

The measure proposes creating a consumer protection bureau at the Federal Reserve to police banks for lending abuses and a nine-member council of regulators to identify and respond to risks in the financial system. Dodd’s bill would set up a mechanism for taking apart failing systemically important firms and give shareholders of publicly traded companies a non-binding vote on executive pay. It also includes Volcker rule curbs on banks’ proprietary trading and investment proposed by former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker.

Republicans abandoned plans to offer changes to Dodd’s bill after realizing that most of the amendments they filed last week for committee consideration would be voted down, Shelby said.

“Chairman Dodd has made it clear that he intends to move forward without Republican support, which is his prerogative,” said Shelby, the banking panel’s top Republican. “It is not our intention to turn this mark up into a long march, offering hundreds of amendments that will inevitably be defeated. We don’t think that would be constructive or productive.”

It's lookin' like Republicans might (finally) be "getting it"!!!!!

:cool:

Werbung:
Why would they want to co-operate after they way they've been treated by Obama and the dems.

I would do everything I could to make every dem's job impossible for as long as I could if i was their opposition.

Why would they want to co-operate after they way they've been treated by Obama and the dems.
Oh....you mean.....

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon[1].gif
Yeah....it's almost embarrassing, being on the Winning Side O' History, as often as I am.

Back