Back of the bus...

Gipper

Professor at Alaska University Chimes in on Public Unions and the Situation in Wisconsin

A few days ago I received an email from Roland Stearns, a professor at University of Alaska in Anchorage. He copied me on a response he sent to Randi Weingarten, president of AFT a self-proclaimed "union of professionals" .

Weingarten asked professor Stearns to "take the pledge in support of fairness, justice, democracy and workers’ voice."

I am pleased to report that professor Stearns took a stand against the coercion, bribery, and slavery tactics endorsed by those in favor of collective bargaining and union extortion.

Here is professor Stearns reply to Randi Weingarten and the AFT...

Dear Mr. Weingarten,

I am a professor, Vietnam era Veteran and, technically a member of a "minority" who would like to express my firm and absolute conviction that collective bargaining - when it consists of forcing anyone against his or her preference to join a group of any kind - may no more be termed a "right" than forcing someone to sit in one place on the bus - calling that forced seating a "right".

For years during and after my MM and Ph.D. studies (completed with 3.98 GPA) I lived largely debt free on incomes averaging $8,000 to $10,000 a year, on occasion less, and did so without expecting anyone to pick up my tabs.

I have been the recipient of both union members' bullying and mobbing as a high school student while doing summer work to save for my college expenses all the way through to the present-day when as a Veteran my own situation under Alaskan law have been dismissed as some kind of exceptional irrelevancy to the union agenda.

It is the purest definition of a corrupt process to force membership in any group hired by government and then, in any way, manner, shape or form, use involuntarily collected funds of that group to influence a political process that literally picks the taxpayer's pocket.

I am not writing this as an indictment of the great majority of fine educators. I am, however, writing this as an absolute indictment of the political, self-aggrandizing corruption and whining of those who do, indeed, disgrace the profession. We need to drop most of the pretense of bigger paychecks and benefits "for the children".

Respectfully,

Roland Stearns, Ph.D.
Anchorage, AK
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/03/professor-at-alaska-university-chimes.html

At least one educator stands up against the lawless and coercive nature of Unions. Amazing the left has sided completely with unions.

Sad. Very sad. And, most disgusting.

Werbung:
At least one educator stands up against the lawless and coercive nature of Unions. Amazing the left has sided completely with unions.

Sad. Very sad. And, most disgusting.

It would be much more "amazing" if the left didn't side with the labor union thugs.

Werbung:
Back